PDA

View Full Version : Got Promoted!! WOOO HOOO!!!

MoCkiN U
02-13-2008, 12:58 PM
I have been in wireless sales & management for a long time now but last year I was simply tired of running a sales location. I took a break and stepped down into a sales spot to try and find motivation again and improve my own sales skill.

Luckily for me (as strange as it sounds) I worked for a horrible manager when it came to motivating and I saw direct effects in my own work when that person didnt do a good job.

Long story short I am now a manager of a Circuit City based Verizon location so starting the 24th I am back into the management world and making good money again

Neal Steffek
02-13-2008, 01:00 PM
My question is whats going to happen to you when the Circuit City's close up? (cause you know they don't have long to go before they are out of busness)

But gratz on the promotion! :thumbsup

MoCkiN U
02-13-2008, 01:07 PM
No clue on that one^

Im in management with good numbers. Worse case I would float from store to store until then but they are opening a brand new one in kenosha with construction underway. Would be hard to see them closing it down after building a brand new one

Cutlass Queen
02-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Congratulations!

PureSound15
02-13-2008, 01:17 PM
My question is whats going to happen to you when the Circuit City's close up? (cause you know they don't have long to go before they are out of busness)

How do you figure? They just launched their small store chain. Their mission isn't to compete with Best Buy anymore, but more of a smaller chain like Radio Shack.

Congrats on the promotion.

Heat Seeker WS6
02-13-2008, 01:25 PM
CC's services lost millions last year.

Neal Steffek
02-13-2008, 01:25 PM
How do you figure? They just launched their small store chain. Their mission isn't to compete with Best Buy anymore, but more of a smaller chain like Radio Shack.

Congrats on the promotion.

they tried that 10 years ago and it failed big time. When was the last time you went to a Radio Shack? And if you do go there, why would you change now to go to a small Circuit City?

Over the last 10 years CC has tried to "reinvent" them selfs over and over and over. I can cout five times just off the top of my head that they thought they had the solution to there problem, only to find out they lost ass loads of money and sales form it.

(on a side note, it is REALLY fun to say and spell "ass loads") :rolf

fly5150
02-13-2008, 01:26 PM
do you work in Racine? I think i've seen your car off Hwy 11 by Qdoda.

PureSound15
02-13-2008, 01:30 PM
CC's services lost millions last year.

Completely irrelevant.

I'm not saying it's a model company. Their CEO is flamed almost as much as Steve Jobs. But it's still the 3rd largest electronics chain in the U.S. behind Best Buy and Wal-mart. I don't think it's fair to say that they'd go out of business soon, especially with the expected boom of TV sales due to the whole digital requirements.

MoCkiN U
02-13-2008, 01:31 PM
^Yup

I think circuit could be just like kmart. Hell, how many times did they file for bankruptcy before aligning with sears and carrying on in business

MoCkiN U
02-13-2008, 01:32 PM
^Yup Im in racine I mean. Not too many machs in that color with roush front in our area LOL

Neal Steffek
02-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Completely irrelevant.

I'm not saying it's a model company. Their CEO is flamed almost as much as Steve Jobs. But it's still the 3rd largest electronics chain in the U.S. behind Best Buy and Wal-mart. I don't think it's fair to say that they'd go out of business soon, especially with the expected boom of TV sales due to the whole digital requirements.

Actualy it is relevant. Thats money they are losing. And they are no longer #3 by the way..

PureSound15
02-13-2008, 01:55 PM
In the domestic segment, direct channel sales grew 21 percent and services revenues grew 70 percent versus the prior year.

http://investor.circuitcity.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=250073

And in their fiscal report...

For the quarter in the domestic segment, Web-originated sales grew 25 percent, services revenues grew 59 percent and call center sales grew 51 percent from the prior year.

For fiscal 2007, Web-originated sales totaled $1 billion, and firedog(SM) sales, including PC services and home theater installations, exceeded $200 million.

Yeah... their services were horrible :rolleyes: Atleast cite your argument.

I am in no way saying that CC is a great company, or that their new vision and mission will prevail. My point was only that it's not a company who will fail any time soon, if at all.

Neal Steffek
02-13-2008, 03:16 PM
http://investor.circuitcity.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=250073

And in their fiscal report...

Yeah... their services were horrible :rolleyes: Atleast cite your argument.

I am in no way saying that CC is a great company, or that their new vision and mission will prevail. My point was only that it's not a company who will fail any time soon, if at all.

I can. Like some people her eknow I used to run a CC back in the day when they made a profit. I went back last spring to work part time and they tried to make me a manager and I said hell no. With that I recieved all the company E mails and what not.

You need to know how to look at those #'s they shoot off. If you have 200 million in sales, but have 300 million in losses.......... see where I am going with this? You also forget CC just closed up 1/3 of all it's stores last year. I am thinking of another chain that did that a few years ago.... Oh yea, it was Comp USA. (now all of the stores are closed)

I don't see how you can honestly say CC will not be gone soon. The writing is on the walls.

Flicktitty
02-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Congrats on the promotion! So do we have a Circut City hookup?

Slow Joe
02-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Meh, I like CC's 0% for XX on their Credit Cards with Qualifying purchases.. Then again everyone's got that...

Congrats btw... Once you have one management posisiton it makes it easier to get into others if something did happen...

Heat Seeker WS6
02-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Just intersting info on CC's services for comparison sake to others, nothing more....

CC, Best Buy & Sears all use a company out of NY called "Installs Inc" that books & schedules thier installs. Other companies anound the US use them too. BB uses thier own installers once 'Inc' does basic co-ordination of them. CC & Sears rely on 3d party individuals & companies to perform actual work as designated by 'Inc'.

PureSound15
02-13-2008, 04:06 PM
I can.
I don't see how you can honestly say CC will not be gone soon. The writing is on the walls.

I was referring to John stating that their services took a hit, when they did not.

Losses aren't promising, but look at DirectTv, they had what..4 or 5 years of reported losses and now, after a redesign, report one of their best years ever.

Apple came back from losses... after 9 years (although with such a superior product to begin with, it's hard to make that point).

I've got my money on Circuit City being acquired long before they close up shop.

Again... I am not saying that it's a great company or anything to ever be recognized as a great investment, I just don't think it's as bad as you make it sound.

Heat Seeker WS6
02-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Oh Well, take it as you willl. CC doesnt affect me but they've been 'interesting' to follow the last few years trying to get into certain areanas. You want a haphazard operation?- outsource to them. I've seen some interesting things to say the least from them.
Easy to read numbers published not knowing all the workings & backstories. I know several who vend to them and they dont share the optomism on them. but, what happens... happens. Im a spectator

Neal Steffek
02-13-2008, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=PureSound15;334961I've got my money on Circuit City being acquired long before they close up shop.

Again... I am not saying that it's a great company or anything to ever be recognized as a great investment, I just don't think it's as bad as you make it sound.[/QUOTE]

People have trid to buy them out, and they said no. And yes, go in there and walk around a bit, ask for help from people who work there. You will change your tune fast.

PureSound15
02-13-2008, 04:54 PM
I have only been to two of their stores in the past couple years. The new store in Brookfield, and their new store in Green Bay. Both I was very impressed with.

Maybe it's the older stores that are not so impressive.

Heat Seeker WS6
02-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Its what they do behind the scenes thats not so impressive. The newer stores, do indeed look nice though.

MoCkiN U
02-13-2008, 05:05 PM
this thread went boom in a big way but this is good. It gets a different kind of conversation going. its good to show people that we are a educated group and just dont join forums to spit drama and show off.

As for circuits, I honestly havent visited one in a while. The experience is why. The last time I was in one I was looking to buy my 360 and there werent any on the shelves at all or any prices so I figured they were in the back. I looked around to find someone and got eye contact with a bunch of people but no help......

SOOOO, I stood in the middle of the biggest isle I could find with my arms straight up in the air and I'm 6'4" 250 lbs my point is EASY TO SEE WITH ARMS UP and would point out a glaring problem but after counting to 60 and turning and seeing various sales people see me I left.

As I left the store the young lady said "Did you find what you were looking for?" and I just couldnt help but laugh my ass off (LITERALLY) and she gave me a snotty look.

Yep, in their view ITS MY PROBLEM!! So, I bought my 360 at game crazy

MoCkiN U
02-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Its what they do behind the scenes thats not so impressive. The newer stores, do indeed look nice though.

I have heard that already. Tons of turn over in management they said today in various older stores.

Neal Steffek
02-13-2008, 05:17 PM
this thread went boom in a big way but this is good. It gets a different kind of conversation going. its good to show people that we are a educated group and just dont join forums to spit drama and show off.

As for circuits, I honestly havent visited one in a while. The experience is why. The last time I was in one I was looking to buy my 360 and there werent any on the shelves at all or any prices so I figured they were in the back. I looked around to find someone and got eye contact with a bunch of people but no help......

SOOOO, I stood in the middle of the biggest isle I could find with my arms straight up in the air and I'm 6'4" 250 lbs my point is EASY TO SEE WITH ARMS UP and would point out a glaring problem but after counting to 60 and turning and seeing various sales people see me I left.

As I left the store the young lady said "Did you find what you were looking for?" and I just couldnt help but laugh my ass off (LITERALLY) and she gave me a snotty look.

Yep, in their view ITS MY PROBLEM!! So, I bought my 360 at game crazy

Bingo. Thats becasue the pay there is $7 an hour, no raises what so ever. Kids make more $ working at McDonalds then they do CC.

Crawlin
02-13-2008, 05:21 PM
tehy aren't commission there neal anymore? I remember being at the old brookfield one with you and mandrel and working home audio and tv and with commission was making about $17/hr

Neal Steffek
02-13-2008, 05:40 PM
tehy aren't commission there neal anymore? I remember being at the old brookfield one with you and mandrel and working home audio and tv and with commission was making about $17/hr

They dropped commision back in 02 i think it was. I used to make 75K a year along with many others. Becasue of that sales were awesome and we cared about the company. Now it's all high school kids. I talked to Scott Baros the other day and we both agreed that we are embarresed to say we used to work there.

moels
02-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Kelley, congrats on the promotion. More money for the Mach now, that thing will be even more insane! lol

GRAMPS SS
02-13-2008, 09:01 PM
congrats on your promotion...don't listen to the CC stories...your with Verizon...a very big up and coming company....who cares that he works in a CC store...has nothing to do with his promotion or his job...just that is where he has to go to work his job....Verizon with move him anyways...he is on his way up...could move into a dictrict manager or regional.....you have you footing now in management...you can go far with Verizon....

lit666
02-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Gratz Kelley!!!