PDA

View Full Version : Video that everyone needs to see. Please Discuss after viewing.

Nix
02-12-2008, 09:25 PM
*Admin move if you feel necessary but I figured it would get more traffic here*

I saw this on another board, now watch this video and discuss...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GgWrV8TcUc

I think the cop way crossed the line and will be severly punished. He had NO right to touch that kid. The kid never made any sort of movement toward the offier in a negative way to threaten him in any manner.

How would you feel if this was your child and the did this. Wayyyyy overboard IMO.:rolleyes:

** What happened afterward:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330501,00.html

Quote:
The Baltimore Police Department suspended a police officer after a video surfaced on the Internet showing the officer berating two kids for skateboarding, putting one of them in a headlock and pushing the boy on the concrete.

The video shows Officer Salvatore Rivieri approach the kids at the Inner Harbor of Baltimore, the area where they apparently were skateboarding. The kids tell Rivieri they didn't know they couldn't skateboard there.

"You back-talk me, I'm not your father," Rivieri says. "You hear me? I'm not your father. You give that attitude to your father. You give it to me, I'll smack you upside the head. Shut your mouth, I'm talking."

Rivieri was suspended until an internal investigation is complete, Sterling Clifford, a spokesman for the Baltimore Police Department, told FOX News.

“Obviously there is behavior there that raised concerns,” Clifford said. “It’s not behavior that’s acceptable and encouraged within the police department.

In the video, after Rivieri pushes the kid on the ground, he takes his skateboard and puts it in his patrol vehicle.

When he returns, he points his finger in the kid's face.

"Obviously your parents don't put a foot in your butt quite enough because you don't understand the meaning of respect," Rivieri says. "First of all, you better learn how to speak. I'm not 'man,' I'm not 'dude.' I am Officer Rivieri. The sooner you learn that, the longer you're going to live in this world. Because you go around doing this kind of stuff, somebody's going to kill you."

The kid repeatedly tells Rivieri that he "didn't do anything," saying he wants to call his mom.

Phone calls seeking comment from the police union were not immediately returned.

The video, from last July, surfaced on the Internet recently. Clifford said a member of the media e-mailed the clip to the police department late Sunday.

Rivieri is confined to administrative work on his suspension with pay.

Baltimore Mayor Sheila Dixon said she was disappointed after watching the video, Clifford said.

“We’ve invested a lot of time and effort and energy trying to build a stronger relationship between the citizens of Baltimore and the police department,” Clifford said. “An incident like this obviously has the potential to undo this work.”

Flight_740
02-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Fat fuk. A hot head like that should not be allowed.

Only in america.

You screw up at work, you get fired.

A cop screws up, he gets suspended with pay.

Best bet is to move from the country before it's a full blown dictatership.

70challenger452
02-12-2008, 09:54 PM
seriously, how can that guy think he's tough and in control driving a car like that? That guy is a ****, but I do hate skateboarders.

pw_cc_runner
02-12-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure what to say about that one. Obviously he was way over the line but I think there might be more to the story because otherwise why would the kid start taping the cop. He should not have acted like he did but I doubt it was completely unprovoked.

WickedSix
02-12-2008, 10:14 PM
hot head, but has probably dealt with a ton of punks..... more to the story im guessing.

we all do stupid stuff as kids tho.... hell I roller-bladed through a grocery store :rolf

awsomeears
02-12-2008, 10:34 PM
That was sad when the kid said " I don't have a father " but the officer kept prying on like he had one.

I'm sure there is some stuff before he showed up but man that cops a ****

Knyghtmare
02-12-2008, 10:35 PM
As out of line as this cop may have been, he is obviously frustrated and definatly human, and those moron kids obviously did something. Kids are ******* punks these days, especially the wannabe hardass skatter "bois"... I garentee those kids were being the biggest assholes in the world before they turned their camera on, then it was "oh man dont take my skateboard sir, I didnt do anything, sir."

The cop was right, parents dont put their foot in their kids ass's enough anymore these days. Undisciplined kids run rampant these days and its a sad shame. Especially knowing that they will run this country when we are gone.

Nix
02-12-2008, 10:41 PM
As out of line as this cop may have been, he is obviously frustrated and definatly human, and those moron kids obviously did something. Kids are ******* punks these days, especially the wannabe hardass skatter "bois"... I garentee those kids were being the biggest assholes in the world before they turned their camera on, then it was "oh man dont take my skateboard sir, I didnt do anything, sir."

The cop was right, parents dont put their foot in their kids ass's enough anymore these days. Undisciplined kids run rampant these days and its a sad shame. Especially knowing that they will run this country when we are gone.

Two wrongs don't make a right. The problem here is the Officer knew better and he was not professional in any way at all. He is the law and should have kept his shit togther, but he failed. The Officer goes on tlaking about how the boy could get killed with that attitude some day. Well mr offier I suggest you get some couseling cause with that temper the same could easily happen to you some day if you pull over/ approach the wrong person in that manner.

HY35F2T
02-12-2008, 10:47 PM
i thought cops were trained to not let a "punk" make them get all pissy.You know whats funny is i read the cop out of line part and then.I remeber my friend that is out of state now telling me about this cop that felt her up when she was getting searched.And what do you know same ****en city lmfao wow id like to see that fat pile of shit talk like that in the wrong neibhor hood.Its easy to act like a hardass in front of a bunch of 12year olds.

pOrk
02-12-2008, 10:48 PM
These kind of cops are everywhere when it comes to having fun. I hate to generalize, but alot of cops I know where the butt of the joke and now its their turn to be jag offs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEHmd10GGGM&NR=1

This one is funny ^ Kid takes off running and gets away. Then the cop comes back and wrestles his girlfriend to the ground.

udlose98
02-12-2008, 10:49 PM
i watched this earlier, made me sick. i have nothing against police officers, they have always been fair and understand whenever i have gotten pulled over or something. But when you are an athoritative figure like that and use it to scare these kids, who you can tell from the video are not the type of kids who were going to cause a problem, then damn right you deserve to lose you job. stupid f**K

Knyghtmare
02-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right. The problem here is the Officer knew better and he was not professional in any way at all. He is the law and should have kept his shit togther, but he failed. The Officer goes on tlaking about how the boy could get killed with that attitude some day. Well mr offier I suggest you get some couseling cause with that temper the same could easily happen to you some day if you pull over/ approach the wrong person in that manner.

Oh no doubt, I agree with you. He definatly could have handled that a lot differently. Just pointing out that kids are punks these days and I would like to see a lot of the people chastising the officer handle this situation. A bunch of smartass kids thinking they are invinsible and can do whatever they want saying who knows what. Its not easy. Personally I would have just written them every ticket under the sun I could think of for the situation, which is what he should have done in my opinion. I have a feeling that those kids knew what they were doing and what we dont see before the video was completely done intentionally. Unfortunatly the officer was not in the mood for their shit and got himself in hot water by being stupid.

HY35F2T
02-12-2008, 10:51 PM
These kind of cops are everywhere when it comes to having fun. I hate to generalize, but alot of cops I know where the butt of the joke and now its their turn to be jag offs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEHmd10GGGM&NR=1

This one is funny ^ Kid takes off running and gets away. Then the cop comes back and wrestles his girlfriend to the ground.

i was just gonna post that dude that fat pile of moneky shit songs like farva its true what the kid said.Theres other shit going on.And your arresting kids ridding soem fukcen boards.seriously this shit pisses me off.:flipoff2:

pOrk
02-12-2008, 10:52 PM
This 10 dollar an hour security guy is funny to watch too, kids are punks in this one but I think both parties were dumb ass'es.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY2ApxDdBAY&NR=1

Poncho
02-12-2008, 10:58 PM
prick. Reminds me of the cop from Slinger that openly threatened me for doing burnouts at school, and said he'd take my license soo quick.

Only problem was that I was in Texas earlier that week, and wasn't even at school.

HY35F2T
02-12-2008, 11:03 PM
well fat pile of shit was cleared of all charges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vJn_3y9T8E&feature=related

Flight_740
02-12-2008, 11:07 PM
These kids could be doing a lot worse then skateboarding.

pw_cc_runner
02-12-2008, 11:08 PM
well fat pile of shit was cleared of all charges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vJn_3y9T8E&feature=related

That's not the same skateboarders... the cops in that video are wearing white and not yellow.

HY35F2T
02-12-2008, 11:12 PM
That's not the same skateboarders... the cops in that video are wearing white and not yellow.

talking about the video pork posted.

HY35F2T
02-12-2008, 11:16 PM
These kids could be doing a lot worse then skateboarding.

excatly first they ***** about "we need to get teens into sports to keep them off drugs" so they skate then they get shit for that too.Like wtf idk bothers me so much cuz my brother used to skate.Kind of glad i was with him a few times.Never got to beat anyones ass but boy i was lamost lucky enough onetime. :banana1:

pOrk
02-12-2008, 11:20 PM
^ its the link I posted

Mr Twigbert
02-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Why does "everyone need" to see this?

The cop might have been out of line w/ a kid who was talking back but if a nut job was in a school shooting I bet he'd go in..

If you think you can handle these kids better or be a bette cop then get off your ass and do it.. Don't sit here and cry on the internet.. People like you annoy me..

I got no problems w/ a cop dealing w/ my kid like that if my kid was acting like an asshole.. As posted before, kids don't get punished enough and act the way they do for a reason..

Syclone0044
02-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks for sharing this video, Nix2000ta.

Citizens armed with camcorders and YouTube are the best thing to happen to police in decades. Cops have dash cams for their protection, now we have some toys of our own for our protection. Hopefully videos like this (and the one from a few months ago with that Brett kid from Kansas where he caught another hot head cop making a bunch of illegal threats) will make cops think twice before losing their cool, their professionalism, and citizens' respect.

Flight_740
02-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Arent you a cop?

The cop might have been out of line w/ a kid who was talking back but if a nut job was in a school shooting I bet he'd go in..

If you think you can handle these kids better or be a bette cop then get off your ass and do it.. Don't sit here and cry on the internet.. People like you annoy me..

I got no problems w/ a cop dealing w/ my kid like that if my kid was acting like an asshole.. As posted before, kids don't get punished enough and act the way they do for a reason..

Nix
02-13-2008, 12:38 PM

Might have been out of line?:confused

I guarntee that 95% of the human population saw their kid get throwin to the ground by an officer of the law who is suppose to protect them would get angry.

Why does everyone need to see this? Becuase its an outrage, its complete horseshit. I should be a cop if I can handle these kids better? Its not that hard my friend. All he had to do was keep his hands off the minor and continue things the way he was initally handling them.

I annoy you? *Duley noted :)

CATNHAT
02-13-2008, 09:51 PM
That fat bastard was totally out of line! Those kids complied with everything that blowhard said. Powerstarved ****.

He must feel pretty tough screaming at 12-14 year old kids geting out of his electric "cop" golf cart.

I support the police 100% but not under these circumstances.

I would like to ride a skateboard in that park and see if that porkstain would talk. Lights out for that fat tub of goo.

Karma----it will catch up with fat f*ck!

nismodave
02-13-2008, 09:58 PM
**** those kids. He should of shot them.

lordairgtar
02-13-2008, 11:28 PM
If they stuck me in some golf car and made me wear clothes that look like a Bumble Bee, I'd have an attitude too. :rolf

Knyghtmare
02-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Damn all those horrible fat asses all to hell! Fat ****ers suck! Stupid fat piles of goo! Fat bastard deserves to die, ******* fatties!

70 cutlass 442
02-13-2008, 11:33 PM
**** those kids. He should of shot them.

oh come on, they did nothing wrong at all. at that age kids are scraed of cops as it is.

Knyghtmare
02-13-2008, 11:43 PM
oh come on, they did nothing wrong at all. at that age kids are scraed of cops as it is.

I am sorry man, but thats horseshit. You really think they did nothing wrong, especially before the video? They did nothing wrong once they turned their camera on. Who is stupid enough to record themselves setting off a cop. Someone doesnt get that pissed at someone who does "nothing". At that age kids like that are smartasses and especially to authority figures. If they were scared of cops they would have followed his directions on the first prompt instead of being punks. Im not trying to be a ****, but seriously.

Voodoo Chick
02-14-2008, 12:37 AM
If I had children and anyone, cop or otherwise touched/treated them in this manner, I would hire as many lawyers as humanly possible to make sure that the individual would end up flattened financially, and with any luck, socially as well. That was just a disgusting display, those kids were just hanging around, not really doing anything.

HY35F2T
02-14-2008, 01:18 AM
Damn all those horrible fat asses all to hell! Fat ****ers suck! Stupid fat piles of goo! Fat bastard deserves to die, ******* fatties!

easy buddy im kind of chubby myself :rolf:banana1:

Mr Twigbert
02-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Might have been out of line?:confused

I guarntee that 95% of the human population saw their kid get throwin to the ground by an officer of the law who is suppose to protect them would get angry.

Why does everyone need to see this? Becuase its an outrage, its complete horseshit. I should be a cop if I can handle these kids better? Its not that hard my friend. All he had to do was keep his hands off the minor and continue things the way he was initally handling them.

The biggest mistake he made was not throwing the cuffs on as soon as he touched him..

Yes, I think the cop was a bit out of line.. Worthy of a write up sure but not be fired..

I just don't understand why this is soooo important to post.. We have troops dieing in Iraq, illegals flooding our country and Female Clinton running for president..

Boy, your right.. This small incident trumps all of that..

The kid didn't know when to shut up.. If the parents would have doen their job the cop wouldn't have.. I sure hope you do a better job raising your kids then those parents did.. But I doubt you will or have..

OxmanWI
02-14-2008, 01:55 AM
"suspended with pay" How the hell do they get away this that shit?

He had it coming to him...I hate police officers like that. Take your rage out on a punching bag, not on a kid.

Flight_740
02-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Troops are dieing in Iraq to keep us free right? That also means free from crap like this. The kid was not smarting off. Just like i said before, we screw up at work that bad and we are fired. YOU cops act like that and you get a slap on the wrist. The kid was not smarting off. He simply wanted to know what he did wrong. The cop could not produce this info.

These days, a kid has a skateboard, he is a criminal I guess.

Yes this is a good vid to post. We have a lot of punk ass police out there. Not saying all of them but this guy surely is one. He can't deal with a little bit of preassure (if you can even call it that) from a 13 yr old without blowing a fuse? Shuld we have people like that on the force? I think not.

so 1 of 2 things here.

1, you are a cop.

2, you have no kids.

Or maybe even both.

The biggest mistake he made was not throwing the cuffs on as soon as he touched him..

Yes, I think the cop was a bit out of line.. Worthy of a write up sure but not be fired..

I just don't understand why this is soooo important to post.. We have troops dieing in Iraq, illegals flooding our country and Female Clinton running for president..

The kid didn't know when to shut up.. If the parents would have doen their job the cop wouldn't have.. I sure hope you do a better job raising your kids then those parents did.. But I doubt you will or have..

Moparjim
02-14-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm not sure what to say about that one. Obviously he was way over the line but I think there might be more to the story because otherwise why would the kid start taping the cop. He should not have acted like he did but I doubt it was completely unprovoked.

I agree, we are not getting the whole context of the incident. The clip posted starts after the cop already has stopped the kids and has them on the curb. Who knows what when on prior or what the kids were doing, and then at some point the clip that the KIDS posted starts rolling. It also cuts off early. So, it is obviously edited from the kids POV to portray the cop as a jackass. For all the viewer knows, the kids were vandalizing or doing who knows what, or said who knows what before the cop gets hot. It sure looks like he is out of line, but I certainly had minor brushes with the police several times as a kid and they are never "nice". Their job is to prevent crime and scare kids straight basically. Its not like he hit the kid or anything, he just kinda shoved him to the seated position. Their job is also to protect themselves, and believe me just about any kid over 10 it is possible they are a risk. Again, in my experience you do whatever an officer tells you to do, and if they tell you to sit still you don't get up and move towards them... I know the video looks bad, and most people are "ouraged" - until those kids turn out to be the punks that stole their car stereo next week or tagged up their garage, or...

Flight_740
02-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Jim that would make sense if the cop mentioned it. in the very begining of the video all he said was "you're not allowed to ride your skateboards here" The kid said "ok i didnt hear you" and the cop started telling him that was back talking.

So from what I gather, it was all because he was riding his skateboard. Not once did the cop mention anything else.

This cop just demands to much respect but deserves none.

lit666
02-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Jim that would make sense if the cop mentioned it. in the very begining of the video all he said was "you're not allowed to ride your skateboards here" The kid said "ok i didnt hear you" and the cop started telling him that was back talking.

So from what I gather, it was all because he was riding his skateboard. Not once did the cop mention anything else.

well this tells me he was told more then once and maybe numerous times since the video dosnt' tell the whole story that he was not allowed to ride his skate board in that area and that it is against the law.

Flight_740
02-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Well whatever. I just think there are to many cops that abuse their power and feel they are better than others. I feel this guy is one.

Nix
02-14-2008, 10:40 AM

I believe it to be very important for people to see. Obviously Im not the only one. When you talk about troops dying in a war and that whore clinton running for office those are two VERY DIFFERENT topics other than an officer manhandling a 14year old child.

Those other two mentioned topics aren't even in the same playing field as this. This involves an authority figure abusing his power on a 14 year old kid.

Seriously man, come'on...:rolleyes:

88Nightmare
02-14-2008, 11:17 AM
its a tough call. them new breed of punk ass kids comin out need some ground rules. I do believe the cop stepped over the line. I probably didnt need the profanity let alone the physical contact, but nothin wrong with a stern angry tone. But seriously, these new kids now adays are some real cockass punks.

84hurst
02-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Unfortunately, I think we're missing the first part of the video so it's a tough call. But, I too, hate skateboarders and their "f*ck you, I don't care, I'll do whatever I want" attitude. I don't think he needed to touch the boy, he could've gotten his message across without doing that. It was kinda fun, though, seeing that kid get knocked down a couple of pegs! :rolf