PDA

View Full Version : In search of an entry level job

rally_scort
02-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Ive been searching the classifieds and posting resumes on craigslist for a past couple weeks and i cant seem to find anything.Ive heard winter is the worse time to find a job, but im dying just sitting at home doing nothing week after week.Im trying to keep all options open, and not be too picky.Ive got experience in auto mechanics,home remodeling,customer service,and landscaping, but i cant seem to find anything for over $9.50 an hour.Anybody know of any openings, most likely entry level, that are located within 20 miles of waukesha?

Deggy
02-12-2008, 12:21 PM
I might be able to get you a job at the call center I work in. starting pay is $10.50 I think.

If you're interested I will PM you some details.

rally_scort
02-12-2008, 12:24 PM
I might be able to get you a job at the call center I work in. starting pay is $10.50 I think.

If you're interested I will PM you some details.

sounds interesting.Throw me a pm with some info :D

y2kws6
02-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Sorry for including this in your thread, but it is relavent.

I am looking for something more managerial.

I can do facility maintenance, but will complete my MBA in June.

Dan

michelle
02-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Have you asked Bob (Stanman)? He usually posts job openings for where he works.

pOrk
02-12-2008, 01:31 PM
I can get you a job second shift, starting pay is 13 an hour with no expierence 4 days a week 10 hour days or 2nd shift weekends 5pm - 5 am 3 days 4 hours free pay with 3 bucks an hour shift premium

www.mtlcraft.com

rally_scort
02-12-2008, 01:50 PM
I can get you a job second shift, starting pay is 13 an hour with no expierence 4 days a week 10 hour days or 2nd shift weekends 5pm - 5 am 3 days 4 hours free pay with 3 bucks an hour shift premium

www.mtlcraft.com

sounds very tempting, but its a bit of a drive.Im looking for something at most 30 minutes from waukesha.Mapquest says just over an hour drive.Thanks for the help, ill get back to ya if i dont find anything else closer

DirtyMax
02-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Beggers can't be choosers.

For $3.50/hr more than you're looking for, get your ass in the car and start driving. The difference in money will more than make up for the hour in the car. ;)

xxsn0blindxx
02-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Tell us about you. What is your work experience? Do you have any post high school degrees? If you have a good knowledge of computer hardware the company I work for is hiring assemblers.

rally_scort
02-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Tell us about you. What is your work experience? Do you have any post high school degrees? If you have a good knowledge of computer hardware the company I work for is hiring assemblers.

-Attended auto I,II,III in high school
-attented welding/drafting classes in high school also
-i have HS diploma
-worked landscaping for summer of 03
-worked at griffin ford as lube tech/entry level tech for 8 months during HS
-worked at valvoline for 7 months
-current-most job was home remodeling for the past 2 years
-i have some basic computer knowledge/assembly/basic repair
-worked for computer recylcer for community service on/off for 2 years
-i have a valid liscense and transportation

Im not looking for a handout or a high paying job that i cant work.I just need something that i can handle and possibly enjoy working.Ive been stuck in rut for the past 2 years working for cash.I NEED BENIFITS badly, and it must be full time work.Im open to just about anything, and like i posted before i will travel around 30 min if the right job comes along.Ill spill the beans now, i do have a small criminal background, but nothing in the last 4 years.Im currently on probation for another year, so you can count on me keeping a full time job and being on time.The only reason im not currently employed, is because my former boss decided to close up shop and start with something new.Im used to working outside in just about any weather, so im not goin to whine if its too hot/cold out.I can learn pretty damn easy and i get along with most people if they are complete tools.

GRNDNL
02-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Quad is always hiring.....

Ricky Bobby
02-12-2008, 05:12 PM
so is time warner cable

beer guy
02-12-2008, 08:01 PM
My job is always hiring starting pay is about $12 and they train for cdl

Deggy
02-12-2008, 08:02 PM
so is time warner cable

wanna get me a job there? haha

will they work around school?

sorry to thread jack Clint.

pOrk
02-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Its a far drive for me to, but you only work 3 days a week and you have off 4 days, and you get 4 hours of pay FREE every week if your on time. But like somoene posted above, beggers cant be choosers and its good, easy money.

rally_scort
02-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Its a far drive for me to, but you only work 3 days a week and you have off 4 days, and you get 4 hours of pay FREE every week if your on time. But like somoene posted above, beggers cant be choosers and its good, easy money.

this is very true.Its just ive never driven that far for a job, but depending on the odds of me getting the job, i might consider it.Its kind of a far drive to be turned down, ya know :)

pOrk
02-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Are you 18? Your good enough to be hired. I just got someone else here on BCM a job last Friday. He came in, filled out the app and had an interview right away with my boss. Bam, all he needs to do is go through the drug test and he will get his start date. They aren't hiring lawyers here, they are hiring people to do a job and get it done.

But if you don't want to try, your not the kind of guy this company is looking for anyways.

rally_scort
02-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Are you 18? Your good enough to be hired. I just got someone else here on BCM a job last Friday. He came in, filled out the app and had an interview right away with my boss. Bam, all he needs to do is go through the drug test and he will get his start date. They aren't hiring lawyers here, they are hiring people to do a job and get it done.

But if you don't want to try, your not the kind of guy this company is looking for anyways.

Well, the more and more i think about it, im very interested. Im 22, and the only thing that i was leery about was my background.Its really starting to hit me how much my stupid days are affecting me farther down the road :chair:. Anyways, if if i can get out there tomorrow, ill stop in.Thanks for the help, tell your boss you deserve a referral bonus of some sort :thumbsup

Breecher_7
02-13-2008, 05:21 PM

They need a plant engineer by any chance?

USMARINE1108
02-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Do you enjoy pushing yourself physically and mentaly? Enjoy being part of/taking pride in something bigger then yourself? Parents aren't going to pay for college you say? Let your uncle pay for it. Your Uncle Sam! Would you enjoy traveling to foreign countrys, meeting exotic people, and killing them? :thumbsup

Just kidding, but it is always an option.

And I would say an hour in the car is well worth the extra money.

pOrk
02-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Tony they only hire idiots for engineers by us ill find out thogh you might have to dumb yourself down some

Breecher_7
02-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Tony they only hire idiots for engineers by us ill find out thogh you might have to dumb yourself down some

I can dumb myself down for the right amount of money.... :banana1: