PDA

View Full Version : broken snowthrower auger

u_say_go
02-11-2008, 11:08 PM
my friendly neighbor stopped by today and gave me a free snow thrower...only problem is the two center paddles on the auger are busted off. I checked online and a replacement auger runs about $100.
It's a Yard Machine by MTD model 150.
Anyone here work for a yard & garden power equipment place that carries these parts? Or, would someone with a welder and some skills fab up some new paddles?

70 cutlass 442
02-11-2008, 11:16 PM
give me the full model number off the tag in the back, and the first two digits of the serial. ill check it tommrow when im at work

Mr Twigbert
02-11-2008, 11:34 PM
give me the full model number off the tag in the back, and the first two digits of the serial. ill check it tommrow when im at work

Your always lookin to help people out.. I take back all the rumors I've spread about you and that goat.. :D

slickwilly
02-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Your always lookin to help people out.. I take back all the rumors I've spread about you and that goat.. :D
The rest of the animals are still fair game though.

Mr Twigbert
02-11-2008, 11:51 PM
The rest of the animals are still fair game though.

Hell yea, especially the one involving the two legged dog that couldn't run away..

u_say_go
02-12-2008, 06:32 AM
model # 31AE 150-000 serial # 1 HO 87B 20*** thanks Jon, I appreciate your help, once again!

Your always lookin to help people out.

dat's da troof, roof!

BAD LS1
02-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Yeah if its a single stage job like imthinking, they make new flighting kits, but it sounds like the center puck backings broke off... which means new auger cuz you cant get those parts seperate from mtd as far as i know.

You can take the auger out (have fun with the drive pulley, its reverse thread and impact needed to get it off) and have someone weld it.

Those flighting kits are like 75$ Throw the machine away and get a new one, thats what dealer will tell you as you will have an easy 75% in labor/parts as it would cost to replace it for $300.

H8RADE
02-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Yeah if its a single stage job like imthinking, they make new flighting kits, but it sounds like the center puck backings broke off... which means new auger cuz you cant get those parts seperate from mtd as far as i know.

You can take the auger out (have fun with the drive pulley, its reverse thread and impact needed to get it off) and have someone weld it.

Those flighting kits are like 75$ Throw the machine away and get a new one, thats what dealer will tell you as you will have an easy 75% in labor/parts as it would cost to replace it for $300.

I had the same problem with the same machine.
Ordered the auger for $68 somewhere online and replaced it in 15 minutes.
Not too bad of a jerb.

70 cutlass 442
02-12-2008, 10:34 AM

haha, well i get bored at work sometimes and since i have all the diagrams at my disposal i figured id lend a hand.

as far as the auger goes. you need PN: 984-04027A $72.03 but it shows its back ordered with no delivery date, so it may be a bit hard to get a hold of one for a while. Id say try to weld it and see how well it holds

u_say_go
02-12-2008, 03:40 PM
thanks for checking Jon. Think I'm just going to take in to work, bend up some steel and weld the auger.

Cryptic
02-12-2008, 03:54 PM
I hard a "Yard King" lawn tractor... piece of sh!t other than the Kohler motor pushing it.