PDA

View Full Version : NHRA Winternationals

GRAMPS SS
02-10-2008, 10:16 PM
well ...it's offical..the racing season has started ..won't tell out comes for some may have recorded it...it had some great races.....John Force looks good..says he has a few months of rehab yet..but he's racing anyways and did a hell of a job at it....was depressing watching the race and seeing there WARM and SUNNY weather while we have this crap yet......

GTSLOW
02-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Might be going to the races here in Arizona this month :D

Rocket Power
02-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Did you see Tony P's car blow up :wow
Holy crap

Daytonapacecar959
02-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Greg Anderson winning in the new G6 GXP body:thumbsup

badass88gt
02-10-2008, 10:46 PM
GA blows.

I really wish Connolly had a ride this year.

Cutlass Queen
02-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Did you see Tony P's car blow up :wow
Holy crap

Yah he came back later in the races and I think they said he just had burns to his one hand. That was insane. :eek:

I can't wait to head down to Joliet for the races again this year. Already got it on the calendar

:banana1:

wheelsofsteel
02-11-2008, 07:52 AM
GA blows.

Agreed 110%. He is a POS !!

Feature Pony
02-11-2008, 11:00 AM
I can't believe that Billy Glidden is racing a Pontiac in pro stock and his dad is crewing for him.. I would of thought either ford or mopar more so ford for Billy, and I hope he doesn't get busted with the laughing gas again. LOL. I like the Tasca's funny car the shelby GT500, where everyone is running GT bodys.

badass88gt
02-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Bob isnt crewing for Bill. Bob is crew chief for Justin Humphreys.

He never got "caught" running nitrous. Bill wasnt even the driver of the car, it was Rusty. To be "caught" means they were trying to cheat. That wasnt the case. They did it to prove it could be done and pass NHRA Pro Stock tech because they told Dad that other teams were using it and he didnt believe them. They hooked it up, and proved it is exactly what they did.

GRAMPS SS
02-11-2008, 07:36 PM
I can't believe that Billy Glidden is racing a Pontiac in pro stock and his dad is crewing for him.. I would of thought either ford or mopar more so ford for Billy, and I hope he doesn't get busted with the laughing gas again. LOL. I like the Tasca's funny car the shelby GT500, where everyone is running GT bodys.

i thought HEIGHTS car was a GT 500 as well.....i may be wrong.....they are going to be one tuff team this year if they go the way they did this weekend....

whistlin six
02-11-2008, 09:20 PM
I was there, working with Bob Bodes crew.
We lost to Ashley Force in the first round.

I saw Tony P's boomer from the starting line, as we were the next pair up.
OMG that was a big one, he did a nice job of getting it stopped safely.

Rumor was the camshaft broke, causing the explosion.