PDA

View Full Version : FS- '01 LS1 stock shortblock

turbogarrett
02-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Selling my stock '01 ls1 shortblock with 65k miles. Bought a forged shortblock was going to keep it around for a spare but just don't have room.

The pistons kissed the valves at some point, but they work just fine, discovered it after I bought the driveline in '04 and have put 20k on it since. I thought the rings were to blame for the oil burning issue last year, but found extremely sloppy valve guides and incorrect valve seats in my cylinder heads were most likely the culprit. There are no scars in the cylinder linings and cross hatching is still visible, so there should be no need for honing.

I would replace the cam bearings, install some hd rod bolts, put some new rings in it and drive the sh!t out of it. I'm not really sure what to ask for it so how about 500 obo?

I'm in wauwatosa if you'd like to ckeck it out. The shortblock is still bolted in the car, but will be coming out as soon as the chance for frostbite diminishes:D I can be reached at 414 899 3608 or via email at gwolf3@wi.rr.com. thanx-Garrett

A B4C Z
02-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Good Price. Just to help your sale i got heads to go with this if needed for the buyer of the short block.

Kyle