PDA

View Full Version : PRO-FWD is a GO

Bee
02-10-2008, 10:41 AM
so yes Pro-Fwd is a go for GLDW Import Wars like mentioned a few months ago. any participants in here besides simon and his 600+whp daily driven civic:rolf

is anyone building a FWD DSM to participate. for sure there will be hondas, neons, a few vws and gms. someone has to get a DSM out there or else it'll be the battle of hondas vs. neons...... i'd love to see someone build a 9-10sec FWD DSM:)

spindler27
02-10-2008, 09:39 PM
is tims gsx going to be in this class?? and i know of 2 neons in that range!!

Brandon W.
02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
i no longer own a FWD dsm..oh well. AWD FTW!!

Flicktitty
02-10-2008, 11:10 PM
What are the official rules for the classes this year?

1siksrt
02-11-2008, 12:41 AM
I might be in it.... when is the start date and what are some of the rules???

Beagle
02-11-2008, 12:44 AM
i was at beeyond's shop they other day and looks like they got plenty for everyone this next season.

WilliamZ
02-11-2008, 07:33 AM
is tims gsx going to be in this class?? and i know of 2 neons in that range!!

GSX is AWD not FWD.

spindler27
02-11-2008, 07:44 AM
GSX is AWD not FWD.

oh wow, i think i had quite a brainfart yesterday, for some reason i must've thought that the class was pro-4 cylinder

twicks69
02-11-2008, 01:45 PM
If it was pro 4-banger, I would be all over it. They don't want the AWD's ruining their FWD party.

I am stuck running Quick or Import Shootout classes only. :crying

spindler27
02-11-2008, 05:22 PM
If it was pro 4-banger, I would be all over it. They don't want the AWD's ruining their FWD party.

I am stuck running Quick or Import Shootout classes only. :crying

that is very true, awd has too much of an advantage over fwd, but still, it'll be fun to see what your car runs with the added power!

sloLs1
02-11-2008, 06:07 PM
yea i got a saturn that im entering this year...

:rolf:rolf:rolf jk

twicks69
02-12-2008, 07:24 AM
that is very true, awd has too much of an advantage over fwd, but still, it'll be fun to see what your car runs with the added power!

There is only a little truth in that statement as to the advantages of AWD over FWD or RWD --
*more drivetrain loss (nearly 30%).
*more parts to break.
*more weight in additional drivetrain parts.
*no safe way to warm up the slicks in the burnout box before launching -- you are stuck launching on cold slicks. If you do want to attempt an AWD burnout on slicks beforehand, you risk center diff, front or rear axles, transfer case, and rear end damage -- which sucks.
*I have seen well prepared FWD's match or beat 60's of AWD's -- A well prepared 10 or 9-second FWD can pull 1.5's no problem on slicks.
*I have seen well prepared RWD's easily smoke 1.5 60's and pull 1.2-1.3's on a 10 or 9-second setup.
*Show me a race prepped Honda that weighs in at 3100-3300# with a single power adder--2600# or lighter is what I am up against. That is a 1/2 second advantage right there.

Good luck in 2008 to all FWD, RWD, and AWD racers; may you all have fun and safe race seasons!

Bee
02-12-2008, 11:33 AM
i was at beeyond's shop they other day and looks like they got plenty for everyone this next season.

no we don't:)

Bee
02-12-2008, 11:37 AM
:thumbsup
There is only a little truth in that statement as to the advantages of AWD over FWD or RWD --
*more parts to break.
*no safe way to warm up the slicks in the burnout box before launching -- you are stuck launching on cold slicks. If you do want to attempt an AWD burnout on slicks beforehand, you risk center diff, front or rear axles, transfer case, and rear end damage -- which sucks.
*I have seen well prepared FWD's match or beat 60's of AWD's -- A well prepared 10 or 9-second FWD can pull 1.5's no problem on slicks.
*I have seen well prepared RWD's easily smoke 1.5 60's and pull 1.2-1.3's on a 10 or 9-second setup.
*Show me a race prepped Honda that weighs in at 3100-3300# with a single power adder--2600# or lighter is what I am up against. That is a 1/2 second advantage right there.

Good luck in 2008 to all FWD, RWD, and AWD racers; may you all have fun and safe race seasons!

so true tim:thumbsup
the only near 3100 lb honda 1 power adder i know is probably aem's 6 sec car......saw it in life when i took the AEM EMS certifiied
course in 04' hehe rwd though:)

what we have to understand is a honda is meant to be light and most dsm's(eclipse/talon/evo) & toyota's(supras) are meant to be heavy. but also remember that nearly 99.9% of hondas are fwd(biggest handicap ever PERIOD)..... in the end fwd usually loses!!! ;) ;)

spindler27
02-12-2008, 05:32 PM
*more parts to break.

thats very true, but you said well prepared FWD....and that seems to be almost an oxymoron today lol

twicks69
02-12-2008, 07:29 PM
thats very true, but you said well prepared FWD....and that seems to be almost an oxymoron today lol

I think of Stephanie Eggum's 7-second PRO FWD 2000 Honda Civic, Eric Del Rosario's 9-second Integra, Ed Bergenholtz' 7-second Mazda, Kenny Tran's 8-second Scion, Chuck Seitsinger's 10-second Acura Integra, etc. All are well prepared FWD's; yes, some (all) have sponsorship, but they are all dedicated racers that strive to be competitive.

If the racers in this PRO-FWD are dedicated in competing, and bring out a solid crowd of racers on a regular basis, they will have the motivation to better themselves. Tweeking your car to get the most out of it is in our blood, but we become more motivated if there is competition.

I look forward to this year, and the outcome of this event along with all of the Import Drag Wars series.

Deggy
02-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Should be exciting this year seeing all the FWD guys.

And I def gotta make it down to see Tim's Eclipse make a pass.

Bee
02-12-2008, 09:05 PM
1.5-1.6 is very common on most fwd cars i prep..... never seen less then those 60ft on a good boosted launch :thumbsup well depends on the driver too you know;););)

my personal best: 1.51 in our retired drag car with 25x8.7x13 not bad for a fwd

spindler27
02-12-2008, 10:16 PM
I think of Stephanie Eggum's 7-second PRO FWD 2000 Honda Civic, Eric Del Rosario's 9-second Integra, Ed Bergenholtz' 7-second Mazda, Kenny Tran's 8-second Scion, Chuck Seitsinger's 10-second Acura Integra, etc. All are well prepared FWD's; yes, some (all) have sponsorship, but they are all dedicated racers that strive to be competitive.

If the racers in this PRO-FWD are dedicated in competing, and bring out a solid crowd of racers on a regular basis, they will have the motivation to better themselves. Tweeking your car to get the most out of it is in our blood, but we become more motivated if there is competition.

I look forward to this year, and the outcome of this event along with all of the Import Drag Wars series.

yeah, very true, you forgot teh mopars though man!! how about DCRs SRT?? haha anyways, my car will not be at the track until it is ready to make a solid pass, because with the power it's making, i'll break parts left and right, but im hoping to be competing halfway through the year:D