PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a Wii?

HP ADDICT
02-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Anyone see any? Know where to find one?

GTSLOW
02-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Best bet is to call around on the mornings that places get their shipments. I think Tuesdays for most places? Thats how I got mine and all my accessories when they were hard to find. I think Michelle is selling one on here.

rally_scort
02-09-2008, 09:46 PM

id check the local trash cans.Most smart people toss em out after a month and buy an xbox 360 :thumbsup

michelle
02-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Yep, mine is for sale.

ND4SPD
02-10-2008, 09:14 AM
id check the local trash cans.Most smart people toss em out after a month and buy an xbox 360 :thumbsup

All depends on what you are looking for in a game system... I'd never buy an XBOX 360 because I have a PC and most of the games seem to come out for both. Plus, the PC is always upgradeable whereas the XB360 and the PS3 aren't. The Wii is the first *new* console system I've bought since my Colecovision wayyy back in the early eighties? Why, because ever since I got into computers the games have always had so much more depth than the console games. I bought my Wii primarily because it's not the typical game system. No, I don't play it every day, or necessarily even every week... but again, that's not why I bought it. I bought it so every now and then the wife and I can play wii sports, or some other motion-based game. So if you're a hard-core gamer, stay away from the Wii (and buy an XBOX 360 ;)). But if you want something the whole family can enjoy, or is great for parties, etc... The Wii is where it's at. (Which is why it's outselling the other big two).

If you're looking for a Wii, your best bet is to watch the Sunday ads. When you see Target has them, go over there when the store opens on Sunday and you should be able to get one. There usually aren't lines around the store... (at least there weren't at the E. Side Madison one). You might also try checking at some of the Holywood Videos around town. I've seen a console or two there before.

And if you're thinking about trying to play downloaded or homebrew games (tempting since the games run $50 each), understand that you'll need to get it chipped (there is absolutely no other way to make non-original discs work since the protection is actually built into the Wii's DVD drive electronics). And nowhere in the US sells those chips for obvious reasons. You might also want to find someone who is adept at soldering to do the work because the solder points are about the size of the head (not the tip) of a pin. It took me 3 hours to do mine and it was a little nerve-racking. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT go on craigslist and buy or hire someone to do the modification for you. There have been ICE raids in the past year involving mod chips (yes, here in Wisconsin) and my guess is the raids were targeted at the craigslist folks who were advertising their services.

Other than that, always wear your wrist strap and have fun! :D

Reverend Cooper
02-10-2008, 09:56 AM

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25313

GTSLOW
02-10-2008, 11:18 AM

^ Thread crapper who doesn't have a clue.

HP ADDICT
02-10-2008, 04:53 PM

I already have a 360 and a ps3. Just looking for a Wii for when were drunk.

Karps TA
02-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Wii's are great systems for party games where you don't need to be an uber geek to pick up and play.

H8RADE
02-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Wii's are great systems for party games where you don't need to be an uber geek to pick up and play.

x loads

GTSLOW
02-10-2008, 08:30 PM
I already have a 360 and a ps3. Just looking for a Wii for when were drunk.

It will be perfect for that. There's so many 20-30 dollar mini game games coming out its great!