PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Wii Games

ND4SPD
02-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Just so there's no confusion I decided to start a second list of not-so-great Wii games. Since I have a 'chipped Wii, I've been able to download and try a lot of games and I dare say some of them have been downright terrible. Those of you that have made some mistake purchases... speak up and save us some headaches.

Stay away from these games...
Scarface (Poor rendition of GTAIII)
Brunswick Pro Bowling (Wii Sports Bowling is MUCH better)
Driver Parallel Lines
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Wii control scheme doesn't transfer well to this game)
Victorious Boxers Revolution (Probably Better than Showtime Boxing, but not as intuitive as Wii Sports Boxing)

redpony06
02-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Dan bought me Mario Party 8 and I really like it! Its lots of fun and interesting. Its like a bunch of board games and arcade games so its fun for all ages!

GTSLOW
02-09-2008, 06:58 PM
I say we start a little scheme. Mabye your rating on a scale of 1-10 and a brief description why.

I'll start with:

Show Time Boxing-

3/10

This game is a big disapointment. For starters its all from a 3rd person view unlike the first person setup that Wii sports Boxing has. Also with this one you have to use buttons to throw harder punches and stuff. Oh and just like Wii boxing you can't throw punches really fast. However with this one you can atleast move, but dodging is gay. You either lean alot or none, unlike the sports one where it simulates how you are.

ND4SPD
02-10-2008, 09:23 AM
I just thought of a few others...

Transformers (horrible controls)
Big Brain Academy - Wii Degree
It's like a glorified IQ test. Might be good for those with Alzheimers to keep their brains exercised, but that's about it.
Excite Truck - Wasn't impressed
Spiderman 3
Tomagatchi World Party
Thought this might be fun like Mario Party... it's not. My wife and I played one game and never played it again. It's like a wierd presidential race with uninspiring minigames.
Super Monkey Ball Bananna Blitz

ND4SPD
02-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Accidentally hit post... and since there's no "edit" button enabled...

Alien Syndrome
Uninspiring gameplay... just didn't really capture my attention
Fishing Master
Really dumbed down fishing... if you're looking for a fishing game Rapala Tournament Fishing wasn't too bad (though it got some rough reviews)
Carnival Games
Fun if you like carnival games, but after a while you will find the same aggrivation you experience at the carnival has been brought into the living room. The only saving grace is that you aren't continuously flushing money down the toilet (apart from what you spent for the game). The game was fun for a little while, but my wife and I quickly got bored with it.

Smarty Pants
Triva game that could have been done much better. I liked the questions and the trivia basis of the game, but I didn't like how the game was executed.

Link's Crossbow Training
Fortunately you get it for free with the Wii Zapper attachment. Not necessarily a horrible game, just not a lot of fun.

Wii Play
The game is short and I guess it fulfills it's aim of acquainting you with the Wii remote, but that's about it. The games aren't that much fun and won't hold your attention beyond a day or two.

As a general rule... the games that I have seen that have stunk the most have been games that are multi-platform releases where the developers have thrown in some sort of cobbled Wii control scheme at the last minute and don't give you any other options for controls (i.e. the classic controller or a gamecube controller). Games like Spiderman 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Transformers, really weren't designed for the Wii's control scheme and really should have included the option to use the classic controller.

H8RADE
02-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Game Party FTW!!!
Skee-ball, beer pong, shuffleboard, darts, pop-a-shot, etc.
Wife and I get hammered playing beer pong in the living room.
Cool chit.

ND4SPD
02-10-2008, 10:17 AM
This is the crappy games list... if game party is good, there's another thread labled "Wii Games Worth Buying" that it belongs in. ;)

GTSLOW
02-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Game Party FTW!!!
Skee-ball, beer pong, shuffleboard, darts, pop-a-shot, etc.
Wife and I get hammered playing beer pong in the living room.
Cool chit.

Ya thats a good one also! I think you can pick it up for 19.99 too!

Cryptic
02-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Transformers - I got the hang of the controls after awhile. My kid got frustrated with it some.
I would agree the controls are not the best. I've only played it for half hour so far. I'd say its "ok" so far.

Wii Play -- Agreed with above, I bought it for the extra controller it came with anyway.
Links Crossbow - was fun for a day, doubt I'll pick it up again. Guests might enjoy trying it out.

Carnival Games - my 8yr old seems to like it, I was easily bored with it after going through all the games once.

AMF Bowling PinBusters - Controls suck, characters get too repetitive with their actions and comments. Original bowling is better.

Karps TA
02-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Sega Bass Fishing might be the game that makes me rebuy a Wii when it comes out. I friggen loved that game on the Dreamcast. And with the Wii controls it should be great. I loved the fishing part of the Zelda game. I played that more then the game itself.

GTSLOW
02-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Shit I still play that sometimes on my Dreamcast :thumbsup Even got the special controller.