PDA

View Full Version : Wii Games Worth Buying

ND4SPD
02-09-2008, 06:26 PM
With Wii games being $50 a pop... I can't afford to make many mistake purchases, so for those of you that have Wii's what games have you bought that you feel are definitely worth purchasing?

The games I have that I was happy with...

Super Paper Mario
The Bigs (If you like baseball)
Ghost Squad (if you liked the arcade game, this one's worth playing)
Warioware Smooth Moves
Rayman Raving Rabbids 1 and 2
Legend of Zelda:The Twilight Princess

GTSLOW
02-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Just bought ghost squad today and a zapper, can't wait to try it out.

I'll throw some out there:

Mario Party 8-

10/10

Very very fun game!! Some of the games are soso but there's so many more that can keep a large group of people going for hours. There's a few different modes you can play as a group. My favorite is the comon board game setup.

I'll throw a few more in when I have time.

ND4SPD
02-10-2008, 10:24 AM
I haven't played it yet, but per everyone else's recommendation: Super Mario Galaxy

Also, Resident Evil 4 is pretty well done for the Wii.
Cooking Mama is amusing... it makes pretty good use of the motion controls, though the voice overs are horrendous and barely intelligible. Might be worth renting... good for younger kids.
Trauma Center is a weird surgery game... certainly not the most realistic, but entertaining none the less. It's also been out long enough to where it's probably come down in price.
Super Swing Golf (I think version 2 is out now as well) is a fun version of golf. Think miniture golf on regular golf scale and you'll have some idea of what it's like.
Tiger Woods 08 If you're looking for a more realistic golf simulation TW08 is it. There are some quirks with the swing mechanics (resulting in an odd hit from time to time) but it's much less frequent than it was in '07. Overall it's one of those sports games that is actually BETTER than the Wii Sports equivalent.

Poncho
02-10-2008, 08:53 PM
you can garuntee Smah Bros Brawl will be a 10/10.

GTSLOW
02-10-2008, 10:36 PM
you can garuntee Smah Bros Brawl will be a 10/10.

Hell ya!! Thats all the dude was talkin about when I went to buy my zapper. Plus Mario kart should be out around the same time! Can't wait :D

ND4SPD
02-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Finally got ahold of Super Mario Galaxy... it's pretty fun. It's not exactly 2-player co-op, but while one person is playing the other can help out a little bit (able to freeze some enemies, collect and shoot star bits, a few other things). It's easy enough for kids and occasional gamers.

Jsho13
02-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Tiger Woods is my favorite game that I have.

UnderPSI
02-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Do you have 08' or the previous one?

jbiscuit
02-18-2008, 11:39 AM
08 Tiger here....very fun. I got bored after awhile now

Syclone0044
02-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Guitar Hero III for Wii is the game that keeps on giving.. I've had this since November I think, and it never gets old. It's so good I bought a 2nd $90 GH3 WII just to get a 2nd guitar so we can play 2 player (oh man is that fun! Literally twice as much fun!)

Here's my current stats... It shows Easy, Medium, Hard, eXpert, and then how many songs cleared, 5-star'ed, and FC (means a 100% flawless run). For some reason the stats don't reflect any songs played without an internet connection.

http://www.schier.eu/sig/473984/red/sig.png

Cryptic
02-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Just got Guitar Hero 3 friday... I'm sooooooooo addicted. :thumbsup good game

TURTLE
02-18-2008, 05:44 PM
other 2 games that i'm all over:

Need for Speed: ProStreet
Need for Speed: Carbon

love driving games on the wii once i got used to the controls... sooooooo goood

Z06 KID
02-25-2008, 02:27 PM
to go with your name... Need For Speed Pro Street is a must

i love this game

10/10

H8RADE
03-07-2008, 04:11 PM
MX vs. ATV Untamed = Teh suck fer real

The idiots at Hollywood video didn't know that Super Smash Bros. Brawl wasn't supposed to be out until Sunday, so I have a copy, and it FAWKING RAWKS!

That is all.