PDA

View Full Version : Got the engine out

Rocket Power
09-16-2003, 05:22 PM
I got the engine out of the 442. I need to go over the wire harness and fix some stuff. The redneck who put in that motor didn't even put in the through bolt on the passenger side motor mount :rolleyes:

Well I'm almost halfway done :rockwoot:

Soon it will be time for this :3gears:

PB86MCSS
09-18-2003, 01:25 AM
Say ahhhh....

How long before the new motor is in? Better start saving up money for the tires that will be melted down :rockwoot: .

Just curious, did the underhood wiring on the 442 look like it worked just fine for the 305, besides their hack job portion?

Rocket Power
09-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Only the bare neccesities were hooked up,and I was having problems with the starter turning when I hit the key.Hard to say if it was the butch wiring or some other problem in the line. I may have to go to Al's and see if the have a 307 G-body I can score the non-computer side harness from. Need a computer dist for a SBC?:D

Most of the wiring seems to be there, I will have to go through the schematic to be sure.

Hopefully in the next couple weeks I will have some time to put it in. Got some spare tires too:3gears: :thumbsup

Picked up my old SBO headers from my buddy. I'm gonna try them to see if they'll work ,otherwise it's manifolds baby;)

We'll see. Should be a sleeper since it's no beauty queen:goof

PB86MCSS
09-18-2003, 04:57 PM
Sweet. Maybe Ill see ya at Al's, I plan to go Saturday and yank the power seat track from the fresh Monte LS they got...assuming its still there and all.

You happen to know if the power seat switches are the same from bench to buckets?

Rocket Power
09-18-2003, 10:38 PM
No I don't, but my 86 has a power bucket if you want me to measure it or if you want to take a look. I may be home Sunday, not sure.

Burgandy85SS
09-19-2003, 12:26 AM
The LS was there as of last Saturday but it did make its way out into the yard. It shouldnt be too hard to spot since it is on the end of a isle.

PB86MCSS
09-19-2003, 01:16 AM
Any info on the whereabouts of its dash? :shades ...

Jamie, thanks for the offer on the switch, if I get the bug I might need to compare it, but after further investigation which includes checking pics of GN seat switches on ebay and a couple 442 ads with pics, the switches all look the same. Plus I figured that the switch looks good behind my seat trim peice...so I should be ok with it :haveabeer . Now I just gotta get the track and go at it if I get some motivation :drool: .