PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a 160 degree t-stat for lt1?

MyWhiteZ
09-16-2003, 01:12 AM
basic jyst of the problem is that the new 383 stroker is running hot (210-230). Was told that stock t-stat and stock fan temps just arent cutting it. so i went to autozone today and bought a 160 degree t-stat and installed it and it made almost no difference. but after researching some more on the topic tonight i found that it looks like the idiot at auto zone sold me a standard sbc t-stat and not a lt1 specific one(its missing the bottom spring part). my question is where is an auto parts store around milwaukee that will sell me the correct t-stat or will i have to order it from somewhere like speed inc?

im also ordering the cable for lt1 edit tommorrow so that i can start tuning it myself along with i want to see what the pcm temp sensor is reading because i wonder if the stock location sending unit is too close to the header and thats causing abnormal readings

Crawlin
09-16-2003, 08:25 AM
Call up C&S Performance in butler. ask for Clint. He might not have it in stock, but if you order it early enough and his warehouse has 'em, then you could have it by tomorrow. tell him Chris with the red Z tol you to call him.

but, it might be worth it just to take a trip to Izzo's or have him drop ship you one.

Chris

MyWhiteZ
09-17-2003, 12:36 AM
thanks chris went and picked it up today gonna install it after class tommorrow. MO's go out tommorrow of lt1edit cable so i can get lt1 edit and lower the fan temps along with start tuning it