PDA

View Full Version : shaq traded!!

hrsp
02-06-2008, 01:25 PM
shaq has been traded to the suns for shawn marion and another player....

why would the suns want him?

Karps TA
02-06-2008, 01:40 PM
That is a stupid trade. They play fast pace. Shaq can't run.

Prince Valiant
02-06-2008, 02:28 PM
becsause they anticipate needing him in the playoff's where their fast-break style is neutralized by guys like....oh, who is that big guy for the spurs again? Oh yeah, Duncan.

My opinion is that it's not that bad a trade...the heat, it's obvious why they needed it. For the suns, the losses aren't critical to them at this point...shaq has been injured and won't play much anyways. But, once the playoff's role around, and physical play is the norm, shaq won't be a hinderance, but a huge plus...and by then, he'll be rested and ready for minutes IF he's needed.

flyin_blue_egg
02-06-2008, 02:31 PM
where the hell you gonna play him...he's never gonna start in front of amarie (sp?) and i don't see shaq wanting to sit on the bench just getting 10 mins a game.....unless they make shaq C and move amarie to foreward (i think with his athleticism he could possibly do this?)

hrsp
02-06-2008, 02:42 PM
the other guy is marcus banks..anyway miami got the better end of this deal no doubt...a 29 year old marion vs 35 and dieing shaq....

i guess phoenix is thinking with an aging nash this might be there last chance to wina title...but will shaq get healthy and be in game shape to play any real minutes..only time will tell/

Karps TA
02-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Shaq will get them swept in the first round of the playoffs. Of the top 8 teams in the West he's maybe the 8th best center.

He's shown nothing this year that he's got anything left in his tank. He should try being a jockey.

Prince Valiant
02-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Shaq will get them swept in the first round of the playoffs. Of the top 8 teams in the West he's maybe the 8th best center.

He's shown nothing this year that he's got anything left in his tank. He should try being a jockey.That's the thing....

They don't need to rely on him.

They just need him in those situations that a big man is killing them.

He might only get a few minutes a game...and he may only get a few minutes even in the playoffs. Listen, Amarie hasn't done a whole lot to slow powerful centers when they are hot...I mean he's a damn force to be reckon'd with...but he is too small to slow a duncan/yao/et al. This gives them the ability to morph when they simply need it. And Amare at powerforward, he'll be even scarier, and a overpowering defender at that posistion.

To me...this is similar to wilt chamberlain going to the lakers. He couldn't carry a team the way he used to, but there, he didn't need to. The suns ain't looking for shaq to lead them anywhere. He is now a really highly paid role player on a good team.

redpony06
02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
It's about time to retire soon. This isn't shaq in 1998 anymore.

Josepy
02-07-2008, 02:19 PM
basketball is still on TV. Huh

GHOSST
02-08-2008, 11:58 AM
That is a stupid trade. They play fast pace. Shaq can't run. Exactly..... we will see!

DirtyMax
02-08-2008, 01:05 PM
For getting paid $20M per season and the chance of backing into another ring, I'll take front row seats to every Suns game no matter how many minutes I'd play.

It is what it is...

Prince Valiant
02-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Well...I say people: Predict how the suns do then in the play-offs for posterity.

Personally, I 'd predict to see them in the conference finals, and a 50:50 chance of winning it all.

hrsp
02-08-2008, 05:19 PM
i think he can fit in...and yes now they have a chance against MY LAKERS!!!!

awsomeears
02-09-2008, 10:09 PM
I would have kept Shawn marion !!!

The suns play like a real team should, good old team work. Trading a guy like Shawn Marion at the nearing end of the season will only disrupt the team.

Buddy of mine plays for the suns, he mentioned how team work is applied on the team. More then any other team out there, thats why there #1