PDA

View Full Version : Snow blower wont start

Neal Steffek
02-06-2008, 12:21 PM
So pissed. Leave it to my dad to not have the snow blower ready for today. Anyone know how to get a toro 4.5 HP blower going? I got a bottle of grey goose for you if you can make it work.

(and yes, it has gas)

Karps TA
02-06-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm assuming this is just a single stage with oil/gas mix?

When mine won't start I usually just need to pop off the fuel line from the carb and spray it with some carb cleaner.

theavenger333
02-06-2008, 12:40 PM
pull the spark plug out, put a little gas directly in the chamber, then try to fire it.

pOrk
02-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Wow, a toro that doesn't start. Thats rare. Our 4.5 toro is a BEAST, 16 years old and works better then any of the ones on the block.

03CVLX
02-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Wow, a toro that doesn't start. Thats rare. Our 4.5 toro is a BEAST, 16 years old and works better then any of the ones on the block.

x 1,000. I definitely need to overhaul it this year though. The rust is starting to hurt it a little I think. Anybody know a good source to get old Toro parts from?

PonyKiller87
02-06-2008, 01:16 PM
First check the primer bulb, if that thing is cracked get a new one, that will make starting a ***** because you cant prime it and it will make it surge if it does run.

Now if you prime the crap out of it and it doesn't sputter at all, its not getting fuel. Try spraying some starting fluid at the carb intake. If that makes it sputter or start then your carb is gummed up. Or the fuel line is clogged. either way its easy to fix.

awsomeears
02-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Make sure the On/Off switch is WORKING !!!!!!

Sometimes when there wet they fail, hell make sure the wires on the switch are connected and didn't fall off.

Remove spark plug and spray some carb cleaner in there, if she runs for a split second you have two things, Decent compression and spark.

You lack fuel so your carb needs cleaning.

H8RADE
02-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Starting fluid in the carb FTW!!!
I could snowblow my whole driveway with no gas but a can of starting fluid hooked up to the carb!!!

Red97GTP
02-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Just put the shovel in her hand and push her out the door. It's not that hard!

:goof

awsomeears
02-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Starting fluid in the carb FTW!!!
I could snowblow my whole driveway with no gas but a can of starting fluid hooked up to the carb!!!

OUCH :rolf

To much will wash the oil off the cyl. walls and piston skirts :wooo

70 cutlass 442
02-06-2008, 02:48 PM
you got dirt/ old gas in the carb, prime the shit out of. 15 times at least, that will help to push what ever crap is in there past the needle and seat/ main jet assys. if that still doesnt work, drop the bowl on the carb, take brake clean to the main jet, the needle and seat assy and the inside of the bowl. it should start then. you can spray it with eather all day but that wont get gas into the cyl

88Nightmare
02-06-2008, 02:59 PM
my John Deere snowblower FTW

Neal Steffek
02-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Got it going, thanks for the help all. The primer was broken, so a little starting fluid into the card a she fired right up. Stop in to Mugshotz for a drink on me everyone. (two blocks south of National ave on 68th street.) :alcoholic

CobraSnake
02-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Got it going, thanks for the help all. The primer was broken, so a little starting fluid into the card a she fired right up. Stop in to Mugshotz for a drink on me everyone. (two blocks south of National ave on 68th street.) :alcoholic

I will do that neal. Even though I didn't really help you out with this snowblower thing I still get a free drink right?

Mark

lit666
02-07-2008, 08:00 AM
I will do that neal. Even though I didn't really help you out with this snowblower thing I still get a free drink right?

Mark

does the word alcoholic come to mind? :banana