PDA

View Full Version : What kind of OCD tendencies do you have?

michelle
02-05-2008, 10:27 AM
This could be fun, just curious on what little OCD behaviors you have.

Two of my big ones is that bottles, cans, etc. need to be faced forward in closets or cabinets (or in the case of my shower, all the shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, etc. need to be showing) so that the label/name is in the front. Another one is that the sheets on my bed need to be perfect. No wrinkles, tucked in, everything. That one really bugs Adam since I won't let him make the bed unless he does it properly or even get in bed unless he fixes it if he messed it up.

Car Guy
02-05-2008, 11:05 AM
My biggest OCD behavior is SEX.....:devil

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

05caddyext
02-05-2008, 11:14 AM
I have almost 1,000 dvds. They have to be in alphabetical order and perfectly straight on the shelves I display them on. If they weren't I'd never be able to find a movie if I wanted to watch it.

All of my shirts in my closet have to be hung the same way on the hangers. (same direction)

When I use my toolbox, all the tools must be neatly placed back in the box, and clean.

HY35F2T
02-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Fuuuuck um one is you know how like the corners of books or magazines get all like rolled and arent like flat smouth.I have to like fix it lol like all my jegs and summit magazines are like 100% perfect lol.Another would be like if i pick a few things up in my room i have to clean like the whole room.The last thing i notice is i have to wash my hands after i get out of the bathroom even if i just go inthere to check the doo lol.:rolleyes:

70 cutlass 442
02-05-2008, 11:47 AM
my bills in my wallet have to be sorted largest to smallest. and the faces have to be that same direction. that way some cheap ass stripper doesnt get a $10 on accident

wikked
02-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Hah, yes, hangers facing the same way.

All of my mp3's have to be named the same way. Artist - Song Name.mp3. No underscores, capital letters on all words except "the, and, of".

BAD LS1
02-05-2008, 12:02 PM
All lights in the house have to be turned off when im not in the room, otherwise i go apeshit on whoever left one on lol (the old lady calls me the light natze) all the screws on the switch and outlet covers need to be perfectly horizontal...

mainly appearance things of any sort I have an OCD issue over.

Larrygto
02-05-2008, 12:10 PM
My son is Autistic he has so many I'd be typing for hours! My wife is pretty bad too. Me most shit don't bother me.

GHOSST
02-05-2008, 12:27 PM
I hate when things are unorganized, my dvds need to be seperate from my Cds, my cds need to be seperate from my video games.. especially in the cd disc holder..

PureSound15
02-05-2008, 12:37 PM
I hate it when my car is dirty... even small shit on the floor or dust on the dash.

Winter costs me a lot of $:crying

Prince Valiant
02-05-2008, 01:30 PM
The only thing that comes close to OCD for me would be the need to get a run or bike in everyday...but even then, I'm easing up and even walking more now. But to many, my 12 mile walk seems a tad extreme in this weather.

H8RADE
02-05-2008, 02:34 PM
The organizing money thing is a biggie for sure.
Drives the wyfe crazy.
Taking it one step further, I arrange each denomination of bills by the letters.
i.e. A-A-C-D-E-E-G-H-J.
All hangers face in, and shirts/pants are arranged and hung by color.
White and colored socks go in separate areas of the drawer.
Uniformity is a biggie for me.
When I was a kid...if I were to go in one door, I HAD to go out the same door.
If two light switches would control the same light in a room, I had to turn the light off with the same switch I used to turn it on.
Any type of 'unbalance' just drives me nuts.
:wooo

Josepy
02-05-2008, 02:42 PM
All lights in the house have to be turned off when im not in the room, otherwise i go apeshit on whoever left one on lol (the old lady calls me the light natze) all the screws on the switch and outlet covers need to be perfectly horizontal...

mainly appearance things of any sort I have an OCD issue over.

I reem the hell out of the wife for this too. Also not locking doors. We own a second story condo and she thinks no one would ever get on our balcony so she doesnt lock the door. Then I have to lock it every night.

Karps TA
02-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Usually when I have 1 beer, I need to have 3 more. other then that I'm OCD free.

Rhiannon
02-05-2008, 02:53 PM
OMG, where does the OCD queen begin? LOL Well, I like to count things for one. I count the steps it takes to get from one place to the next especially in my house. I know how many steps I have and how many it takes to get from one place to another. When I am eating, I have to make sure I chew the same amount of times on each side of my mouth or else not having the balance throws me off. I don't have a certain number of times I have to touch something because it varies depending on the task. Sometimes it's three, four, seven. or eight times. All I know is that it has to be the same on both sides. LOL If I touch something with one hand, I have to do it with the other as well. That doesn't always happen and I will just go back and do it later when noone is looking. Ha ha. Let's see.....money is a big one. I can't count it unless it is faced the same way. Then when I do, I have to wrap it up in a money wrap at work. (1s in $50, 5s in $100, 10s in $500, 20s in $2000....etc.) Oh and I have to intitial it after I do. Everything has to be facing forward, everything has to be in alphabetical, height, brand, color, or what ever order. I literally cannot start my day without it being like that. LOL I have been getting a little better but I know there is more..... Oh yeah, and everything have to be spelled correctly and have proper puntuation. Done for now. OCD out!

Rhiannon
02-05-2008, 02:54 PM
OMG, where does the OCD queen begin? LOL Well, I like to count things for one. I count the steps it takes to get from one place to the next especially in my house. I know how many steps I have and how many it takes to get from one place to another. When I am eating, I have to make sure I chew the same amount of times on each side of my mouth or else not having the balance throws me off. I don't have a certain number of times I have to touch something because it varies depending on the task. Sometimes it's three, four, seven, or eight times. All I know is that it has to be the same on both sides. LOL If I touch something with one hand, I have to do it with the other as well. That doesn't always happen and I will just go back and do it later when noone is looking. Ha ha. Let's see.....money is a big one. I can't count it unless it is faced the same way. Then when I do, I have to wrap it up in a money wrap at work. (1s in $50, 5s in $100, 10s in $500, 20s in $2000....etc.) Oh and I have to intitial it after I do. Everything has to be facing forward, everything has to be in alphabetical, height, brand, color, or what ever order. I literally cannot start my day without it being like that. LOL I have been getting a little better but I know there is more..... Oh yeah, and everything have to be spelled correctly and have proper puntuation. Done for now. OCD out!

Rhiannon
02-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Ha ha, notice I realized that I had a period where the comma was supposed to go and had to edit it. I'm so weird!

GRNDNL
02-05-2008, 03:20 PM
When I walk up to a girl I just have to reach out and squeeze her boobs.....

Want_Notch
02-05-2008, 03:57 PM

Who would have thought that two people on this board have the same OCD "issue".......weird.

Ricky Bobby
02-05-2008, 04:36 PM

actually its 3 people just ask rhiannon :rolf

michelle
02-05-2008, 04:39 PM
OMG, where does the OCD queen begin? LOL Well, I like to count things for one. I count the steps it takes to get from one place to the next especially in my house. I know how many steps I have and how many it takes to get from one place to another. When I am eating, I have to make sure I chew the same amount of times on each side of my mouth or else not having the balance throws me off. I don't have a certain number of times I have to touch something because it varies depending on the task. Sometimes it's three, four, seven. or eight times. All I know is that it has to be the same on both sides. LOL If I touch something with one hand, I have to do it with the other as well. That doesn't always happen and I will just go back and do it later when noone is looking. Ha ha. Let's see.....money is a big one. I can't count it unless it is faced the same way. Then when I do, I have to wrap it up in a money wrap at work. (1s in $50, 5s in $100, 10s in $500, 20s in $2000....etc.) Oh and I have to intitial it after I do. Everything has to be facing forward, everything has to be in alphabetical, height, brand, color, or what ever order. I literally cannot start my day without it being like that. LOL I have been getting a little better but I know there is more..... Oh yeah, and everything have to be spelled correctly and have proper puntuation. Done for now. OCD out!

Um, wow. You know, I have some residents like that.....

Ricky Bobby
02-05-2008, 04:40 PM
do u yell out no u cant touch it with the other hand :rolf

Rhiannon
02-05-2008, 04:41 PM

No kidding! You were getting dirty looks from Scott. Ha ha. Well, I have known you longer.....:rolf

Ricky Bobby
02-05-2008, 04:42 PM
that is true and i think it was only one hand last time, need to even that up next time :headbang

HY35F2T
02-05-2008, 04:44 PM

lmao

oh yeah and when i play basketball and im shooting a free throw omg im there for ever. Bouncing the ball till i get the ring on the ball to be perfectly straight when it comes back up otherwise i wont shoot lol.the laces on my shoes after i tie them have to be even both "ears" i cant leave it like uneven.:thumbsup

Rhiannon
02-05-2008, 04:45 PM
that is true and i think it was only one hand last time, need to even that up next time :headbang

Well alright, but make it a good squeeze this time. Ha ha.

Ricky Bobby
02-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Well alright, but make it a good squeeze this time. Ha ha.

:thumbsup :deal

mmmmkkk

pickardracing
02-05-2008, 04:48 PM
my bills in my wallet have to be sorted largest to smallest. and the faces have to be that same direction. that way some cheap ass stripper doesnt get a $10 on accident

Same here.

All of my mp3's have to be named the same way. Artist - Song Name.mp3. No underscores, capital letters on all words except "the, and, of".

Same here as well, although my OCD for this sometimes is outweighed by my blatant laziness to actually do it.

x3.

Mr Twigbert
02-05-2008, 04:50 PM
is sniffing your finger after you scartch your butt hole a form of OCD?

Slow Joe
02-05-2008, 04:51 PM
For me, this list is too long... I can't post it... :rolf

USMARINE1108
02-05-2008, 09:11 PM
I have to organize EVERYTHING. Beer in the cooler, food in the pantry has to be covered and aligned, car parts, gun parts, I count things all the time, stuff like that. Mark Summers (the guy from Double Dare) has bad OCD.

iksrebew
02-05-2008, 09:47 PM
laces on my shoes and boots are laced so the lace on top points up and in and the oppisite on the other side so they make upside down v's when I put my feet together

Poncho
02-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I call Joe gay, daily.

lordairgtar
02-05-2008, 11:19 PM
You guys are nuckin futz. I had this OCD thing when I was a kid in highscrewl. I would cross out every letter in a paragraph each time I read it. First the As, then the Bs, etcetera. Read the paragraph first time...cross out the As, read it again...cross out the Bs, you get the idea. The only good thing about that was I memorized whole books doing that. My dad finally saw me doing that and knocked me hard on the floor...I never did it again.

Al
02-06-2008, 12:47 AM
I have a few tendencies:

Emphasis on symmetry: windows rolled down the same amount, even rears.

Tools, I love tools. Gotta buy them

I always jiggle door handles to make sure I don't lock doors behind me. If I lock a door, I will only do it if my other hand is holding my keys.

pickardracing
02-06-2008, 01:35 AM
THANKS TO SOMEONE WHO WILL REMAIN NAMELESS, I GOT ANNOYED WITH MY MUSIC FILES BEING ALL F*CKED UP SO I JUST SPENT THE LAST 3 HOURS RENAMING ALL OF THEM.

THANKS ASSHOLE.

:durr