PDA

View Full Version : Another roid rager to the UFC?

Lash
02-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Hint:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/lashleyreleased

Wrestling background:
Armed Forces Championship (2 times)
CISM World Championship Silver Medalist in 2002
Missouri Valley College National Championship in 1996, 1997, and 1998
NAIA National Wrestling Championship in 1997 and 1998

:rolleyes:

pickardracing
02-04-2008, 09:43 PM
He's no Brock. I'll get that out of the way right now.

Is anyone else amused by the fact that these types of talents are leaving the male soap-operas to try and claim some actual legitimacy?

I'd be willing to bet that the WWE and other orgs like it are seeing a huge drop in mew talent due to the growing popularity of UFC, Pride, etc.

Karps TA
02-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Lashly doesn't have the temperment to do UFC I don't think. I would bet you'd see him in TNA if anything.

One of the biggest reasons why pro wrestlers quit is the schedule. Being on the road 300 + days a year is not for everyone. That's actually why so many guys have jumped over to TNA. Cause they don't have to do the travelling they are forced to do in WWE.

As for guys making the leap. Undertaker said in an interview last year that had their been a UFC back when he was just starting he'd have likely never gotten into pro wrestling. But there was no money to be made in that back then. Now he's way too old and beat up to consider it.

pickardracing
02-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Undertaker is one of the few guys I think wouldve been something in the UFC type events.

Look at how long he's been at the top of the WWE crap. You know the guy is talented just by witnessing his longevity.

Makes you wonder.

moels
02-04-2008, 10:20 PM
A younger Kurt Angle would have done serious damge in the UFC I think as well.

pickardracing
02-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Kurt had his opportunity to go to UFC. He took the money.

I dont think he'd be man enough to stand in with the guys in his weight class.

Z28Envy
02-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Kurt had his opportunity to go to UFC. He took the money.

I dont think he'd be man enough to stand in with the guys in his weight class.

Kurt is on the Bubba the love spounge show talking quite often and I think he has an mma fight coming up but I don't think it is in the ufc. I know he wanted to fight in the ufc but I don't think Dana White would pay him what he wanted or the deal fell through. But I know that I just recently heard him talking and saying that he did have a fight coming up in mma but I don't know with what organization it is in.

pickardracing
02-04-2008, 11:04 PM
He'll get destroyed.

05caddyext
02-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Undertaker said in an interview last year that had their been a UFC back when he was just starting he'd have likely never gotten into pro wrestling

The guy that is the undertaker now is not the same guy that was the undertaker way back when. Never-the-less, this guy has been around for a long time also.

Karps TA
02-05-2008, 06:43 AM
The Undertaker - Mark Callaway has been the same guy since like 1990. He's been the only Undertaker.

moels
02-05-2008, 07:09 AM
He'll get destroyed.

I actually think he might do pretty well in MMA. He was an Olympic caliber wrestler and is in good shape. Wrestlers seem to make the easiest transition to MMA. Just my opinion.