PDA

View Full Version : Man dies doing Richard Petty Experience

Heat Seeker WS6
02-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Damn

link (http://autoracingsport.com/nascar/man-dies-at-daytona-while-driving-petty-experience-car/#more-5330)

60-year-old man crashed and died while driving at the Daytona Beach International Speedway as part of the Richard Petty Driving Experience, authorities and family members said today.

Robert Boswell was taking part in the Richard Petty Driving Experience, a program where fans pay to get behind the wheel of a NASCAR car, said his son Greg Boswell. The crash occurred about 5 p.m. Sunday, police said. Bowden was taken to Halifax Health Medical Center where he was declared dead at 7pm/et.

“He was driving at the time he died,” Greg Boswell said. Police released Boswell’s name, but they are not commenting on the investigation because it is still active, said Daytona Beach police spokesman Jimmie Flynt.

SmokinRAM114
02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
probly a heart attack or something freak

michelle
02-04-2008, 01:34 PM
That's really sad, but that's going to be some PR work for the Richard Petty Driving Experience too.

DirtyMax
02-04-2008, 01:40 PM
The ones you drive yourself don't go very fast at all. Probably had a heart attack. Guess we'll wait and see...

0TransAm0
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
The ones you drive yourself don't go very fast at all. Probably had a heart attack. Guess we'll wait and see...

the ones you drive do go fast i did it at the milwaukee mile and so did my dad i think the track record is 121 or something close to that and my dad was knocken off laps with a average speed of 111-112 mph to me thats fast.. they are tuned down compared to the regular cars but not by much..

Holeshot
02-04-2008, 02:34 PM
I have done both Petty and Dale Jerrett and you have to sign a waiver before you even do the class room part of it. He probably died happy doing what he always wanted to do.

SSDude
02-04-2008, 04:09 PM
60 years old quite likely a heart attack.

I did the Richard Petty in Las Vegas. They have you follow one of the instructors and maintain a distance. If your following well enough to their liking they will take you faster on each lap. If you try to play hot dog they will shut off your car remotely so they say.

Defiantly a fun time if you've never done any track racing before.

pOrk
02-04-2008, 04:19 PM
^ Haha, what is this playing hot dog you speak of?