PDA

View Full Version : Line-X

pOrk
02-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Anyone ever deal with the 124th st location? I called to get a quote, and the guy I bought the truck from at Hall Chevrolet told me they get a discount through that Line-X so I called and the lady on the phone told me they don't give anyone discounts, and that if I wanted to be cheap I should get a Rhino Liner. I thought that was pretty unprofessional, but humorous none the less.

I want a Line-X liner, but not too sure where to go. Would like to avoid the 124th st location if possible.

WickedSix
02-04-2008, 11:25 AM
you may have gotten someone who wasn't supposed to be on the phone..... I would think they do give a discount to a dealer just because of volume, but im joe bob off the street probably won't get one.... hell I think I use to get coupons for like a hundred off of line-x come to think of it... I talked to the one in kenosha awhile back about coating a flatbed dump... they were real friendly on the phone and willing to tell me about the process :thumbsup

DirtyMax
02-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Those people are pretty cool actually. I don't think you have a whole lotta options for Line-X around here.

I'm sure she's probably just fed up with dealers telling them they'll hook the customer up thinking it's just another thing to pitch the customer to get them to buy.

They will do very very slight discounts on liners on new trucks while the dealer still owns them or right before customer delivery. They give high volume dealers a few bucks off but the dealer usually pays near full price and marks it up to the customer... that's how the dealers make their money off of it.

pOrk
02-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Thats the nearest one besides this one, I think I would rather spend half a day and go down there to have it done. I couldn't believe how this gal was talking on the phone.

pOrk
02-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Those people are pretty cool actually. I don't think you have a whole lotta options for Line-X around here.

I'm sure she's probably just fed up with dealers telling them they'll hook the customer up thinking it's just another thing to pitch the customer to get them to buy.

They have do very very slight discounts on liners on new trucks while the dealer still owns them or right before customer delivery. They give high volume dealers a few bucks off but the dealer usually pays near full price and marks it up to the customer... that's how the dealers make their money off of it.

I bought the truck from one of the owners of the dealership, a family friend and my dads boss for 27 years. I know for a fact it wasn't a sales pitch, especially since I bought the truck before asking about the bed liner.

Either way, her attitude was ridiculous.

UnderPSI
02-04-2008, 11:29 AM
I want to get mine done too. The linex xtra is supposed to have uv protection to keep it from fading I think. I want to have my lower rocker panels done down the side of the truck too. (from the bottom of the door down) I got almost the same treatment from the 124th, that's why I waited. They seemed like they went out of their way to make me feel dumb about it.

pOrk
02-04-2008, 11:32 AM
^ Thats terrible. We should do a group buy at the kenosha location.

Rhino Liner is notorious for fading, where the Line-X is much more resistant and durable from most reviews I have read.

Flicktitty
02-04-2008, 12:00 PM
There is a Line-X place down here in Delavan at Keiths Autobody. They have done my brothers last 2 trucks and his friends as well as my uncles truck.

DocDave
02-04-2008, 12:29 PM
I am surprised you where treated so rudely at the 124 st location. I was one of there first customers about 10 years ago, they where very cool back then. I even got a rebate on my liner because I referred so many people to them. I would guess some minimum wage folk answered the phone when you called and just wanted to get you off the phone; rude non the less.

As far as the liner goes, it the only one in my book. Ten years later after loads of garbage, stone, roofing, car engines, and more mine still looks great!

88Nightmare
02-04-2008, 12:54 PM
I too, would like to line x my truckbed. My friend had his silverado done there, they were real nice in person. Got it done quick.

DirtyMax
02-04-2008, 01:07 PM
I bought the truck from one of the owners of the dealership, a family friend and my dads boss for 27 years. I know for a fact it wasn't a sales pitch, especially since I bought the truck before asking about the bed liner.

Either way, her attitude was ridiculous.

The lady on the phone doesn't know all that crap. She probably thinks the dealer just told you that you'd get a discount to make a sale and probably gets that all the time. That was my point.

Either way, I'm surprised you were treated that way. Thank PMS... :devil

They've never been anything but cool to me the numerous times I've gone there...

Breecher_7
02-04-2008, 04:32 PM
I need it done to, wonder if we could get a group rate?

UnderPSI
02-04-2008, 04:38 PM
I would be up for that.

Mudd Runner
02-04-2008, 04:58 PM
If the same guy still runs the one on 124th hes good sh!t my uncle got his truck and brush gaurd done there he also used to be part of a diesel group my uncle is in guys do good work

Jsho13
02-04-2008, 04:59 PM
We have taken every truck for the past few years there with no complaints. My Dad just took two new pick-ups for his foremen and looked great as always. We took our F-150 there and they did a great job and threw on some of those rain deflectors that go over the side windows for no cost. It actually looked pretty good on the truck.

UnderPSI
02-04-2008, 05:03 PM
If the same guy still runs the one on 124th hes good sh!t

If that is the case tell him to fire the ***** behind the counter. He is loosing business right now.

Flicktitty
02-04-2008, 05:49 PM
if you guys want i could stop at the Delavan one tomarrow and see if i brought it 4 or 5 trucks if there would be a discount?

lasttimearound
02-04-2008, 07:10 PM
i got my bed done at the one on 124th and the guy is good sh*t. definately. we use a lot of line-x on our jets (crew entry ladders and misc flight deck stuff), so does the army, so far the guy has done over 10k in spray for the 128th and wi army guard blackhawks and hasnt charged either yet. hes cool, just stressed by his kids. id be down for a group buy, i want my rockers done.

pOrk
02-04-2008, 11:29 PM
What is the GUYS name that works there? I'd be willing to give them a chance, but I am NOT dealing with the woman I talked to on the phone again.

lasttimearound
02-04-2008, 11:42 PM
honestly, i dont know his name for sure, brian sticks out, but dont quote me, best bet would be to stop in. its a family bidniz, his sons spray, and the b*tch is a friend of the wife i guess.

DirtyMax
02-05-2008, 09:52 AM
The lady who works there is his wife. She's cool shit in person.. I have no idea why she was that way on the phone. Not my problem... they're always cool to me.

I guess go somewhere else instead of dwelling on it if you're that hurt about it... ;)

lasttimearound
02-05-2008, 10:32 AM
when i was there, there was a blonde chick working who wasnt his wife answering phones. i still think we should try to set up a group spray

Breecher_7
02-11-2008, 05:33 PM
So did anyone find out about a group rate on this? What did they quote you guys for over the bed rail jobs?

I may just have ultimate truck do it again with there house brand stuff, worked well last time and I can get it done for $375

Brookfield quoted me $500 for the LineX over the rails and an ADDITIONAL $300 for the LineX Xtra.

Im thinking they can go to hell unless we seee some discount.

MurphysLaw88GT
02-11-2008, 10:20 PM
I think Nagel Autobody does it in Waukesha

88Nightmare
02-11-2008, 10:24 PM
whats the lineX Xtra?

lasttimearound
02-11-2008, 11:21 PM
its more resistant and can be color matched

88Nightmare
02-11-2008, 11:52 PM
why would you actually want your bedliner to match the color of your truck? sounds kinda ghey for an extra 300 bucks

lasttimearound
02-11-2008, 11:58 PM
why not? personal preference man. i think its more of people who want to paint their vehicles with it. jeeps and rawkcrawlers mostly

DRK
02-12-2008, 12:46 AM
pretty badass if you ask me

http://jeep.off-road.com/jeep/Cherokee-America-Line-X-Page/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/353348

pOrk
02-12-2008, 01:11 AM
The stuff that Ultimate Truck sprays isn't very durable compared to Line-X. I called the shop in Kenosha, he was only willing to give 10 bucks off if we bring in 5 trucks. Not worth the gas to get there. If you guys want to pay for Line X, its 515 I think for over the rail and you dont have to deal with the ***** at Line X if you take your truck to Hall Chevy. They sell the bed liner for the same price, but get like 15% or 20% comission ( so line-x makes less ) and you still get a warranty.

UnderPSI
02-12-2008, 07:59 AM
I think Nagel Autobody does it in Waukesha

They use Reflex. It's alright, nice and thick, I still think Line-x is better.

Z Speed
02-12-2008, 09:17 AM
line-x was awsome. Stuff was tuff and they got the job done quick.... probably one of the best investments other then my power programmer i spent on my truck.

DirtyMax
02-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Just got mine done today at the Brookfield location. The "mean lady" was real nice both when I called to make the appointment on Tuesday and when I went to pick up the truck after work today.

Silver03SRT
02-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Thats why whenever I buy my truck i get down to the bare bones price then say ok we have a deal if I can get my spray on bed liner and tonneau cover. I almost bought a new ford f150 lariot fully loaded for 30K with the bed liner and cover included but they did not want to give me what I wanted for a trade.

DirtyMax
02-29-2008, 09:01 AM
That's cuz you just asked for another $800 worth of crap after they already put their best foot forward. No shit they're gonna reneg on your trade.

And the trade in market sucks...period. You can thank low/no interest long-term financing and huge rebates for that.

pOrk
02-29-2008, 02:53 PM
i got my truck for 500 over what the dealer paid for it i wasnt about to negotiate a friend just got his line x warrany denied by the ***** because it has a tear she said tearing is not covered? wtf they did agood job on mine buts its kinda sodft should i b worried?

88Nightmare
02-29-2008, 02:57 PM
it should get a little harder as time goes on. how long ago did you get yours done? also remember its pretty cold out, could take longer for it to cure 100%

Silver03SRT
02-29-2008, 03:43 PM
That's cuz you just asked for another $800 worth of crap after they already put their best foot forward. No shit they're gonna reneg on your trade.

And the trade in market sucks...period. You can thank low/no interest long-term financing and huge rebates for that.

Well when I bought my srt I paid cash and when I bought my truck I put down 12K and took a 3 year loan out. I hate making car payments and paying all that interest. I think the next vehicle I get I will lease.

Breecher_7
02-29-2008, 04:57 PM
0% for 60 here.... Free money bitches.....

Im prepping my bed for hurculiner as I speak. I do not beat up my bed bad enough to justify $500 for a bed liner. This stuff has held up great on the past two vehicles I have put it in.. Hurculiner and a rubber bed matt is the key, all for less then $150. Save your money.

pOrk
02-29-2008, 07:13 PM
^ ghetto, especially in a 40,000 dollar truck :-P

Breecher_7
02-29-2008, 07:46 PM
^ ghetto, especially in a 40,000 dollar truck :-P

I dont know how you call that "ghetto" If you take the time to do things right, actually sand down the bed and apply the shit correctly its turns out very nice. Rubber bed mat is nice anyways, keeps shit from sliding around.

Im still torn though, just got done sanding and im still contemplating getting it sprayed. I have a friend that works for Volatile Free Inc in brookfield. They manufactur the spray in bedliner chemicals for a few of the large name brands. He said if i bring it to him at work they can spray it for $150.

pOrk
02-29-2008, 07:54 PM
You could spray it yourself too, I believe the guns cost about 200 but you could rent it out to friends and have it for your next truck to do the same.

UnderPSI
02-29-2008, 08:44 PM
He said if i bring it to him at work they can spray it for $150.

Where is this so called work, and how do I get in on it???

What brand do they use?

Breecher_7
02-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Where is this so called work, and how do I get in on it???

What brand do they use?

They make it. They are a chemical coatings company. There are a few of the large "spray in liner" companies that use there mixture. They are behind the old gander mt.

They dont do this there as a business, but they have the guns there to test the products. My friend said if i want to drop the truck off he can do it for his cost of the chemicals on his lunch hour.