PDA

View Full Version : Bill Belichick (read this)

GTSLOW
02-03-2008, 11:53 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/If-he-s-going-to-lose-Bill-Belichick-would-rath?urn=nfl,64971

waaaa

T-Bag
02-04-2008, 01:10 AM
haha I read that shit too. What a baby.

MoCkiN U
02-04-2008, 01:11 AM
I was rooting for the giants for one reason.

at the send off they played on ESPN while at their home stadium filled with fans as the players came onto the field half of them stared straight ahead and didnt recognize a single fan with their hands in their pockets. Showed zero class and TONS of cockiness that I cant stand.

So I told the wife I was rooting for the giants. THEN......giants win and coach belicheck runs off the field with his players with 1 second on the clock and doesnt come back at all. His defense comes back but he NEVER does......AROGANT ****!!! Glad your team lost!!!! Hope the senate hearings rip him apart

I actually made that post on another board. I come to this one and find that link you posted. I guess we all see it from the same perspective

pickardracing
02-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Piece of arrogant shit. GDIAF

DirtyMax
02-04-2008, 08:16 AM
He probably had to go throttle some videographer for not getting enough footage this past week...

Hell, even Randy Moss stuck around...

Karps TA
02-04-2008, 08:41 AM
For some reason that doesn't bother me. The attention should be all on the winners, not the losers. What difference does it make if Belicheck stayed on the field another 5 minutes? I don't remember any other Super Bowls where the coach stuck around on the field after losing? They go, shake hands and get the hell inside.

Everything this guy does gets magnified 100X. People ***** and moan about Spygate, but tons of ex-coaches have come out and admitted they did it. Even Roger Godell said that it was a common practice for teams to try and steal signs and because of it the teams also do things to confuse.

The guy has coached 4 teams to the Superbowl in like 6 years. If he coached the Packers everyone would love him here.

Yooformula
02-04-2008, 08:43 AM
give me a break. everyone ran onto the field thinking the game was over...they had to finish 1 more second, so what he is supposed to do it all over again?! the game was done, he said congrats like he usually does, what more was there to say? he NEVER says shit to anyone else so nothing new. he was an ass when they would win and an ass when they lose, big deal.

Yooformula
02-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Everything this guy does gets magnified 100X. People ***** and moan about Spygate, but tons of ex-coaches have come out and admitted they did it. Even Roger Godell said that it was a common practice for teams to try and steal signs and because of it the teams also do things to confuse.

I heard Drew Bledsoe's interview about the spygate and he said that EVERY team does it. He even did it in college to help his team win, the only difference is that Belicheck got caught.

MoCkiN U
02-04-2008, 02:20 PM
the difference is the game wasnt over and as a coach he knows this. he leads men on the highest level in professional sports. He jogged on the field without this team who were still on the side lines, and met the coach who was looking at the clock. He had to wait at mid field for the other coach to come out because he knew what was up.

Then he ran off like a punk. Just like randy did in minnesota and got crucified for it. To beat all he never came back out to "Finish the game" cause thats what all classy coaches do......."they finish it"

Karps TA
02-04-2008, 02:34 PM
The game was over. 1 sec left. Who cares? Plus they had run off the time at first, then tried to put it back up, then ran it off again.

It's not like Eli was going to fumble the kneel down snap and Seymour would run it in for a TD with 1 sec left. You make it sound like there was 4 minutes left on the clock.

He conceded defeat.

DirtyMax
02-04-2008, 02:49 PM
The NFL made a big stink about the fact that NY had to run another play. They shoulda just left it at 0:00..

Knyghtmare
02-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Its not a big deal as a lot of people make it out to be, but come on... I dont care if they ran it off and put it back on 10 times or if there is 1 second left, or 30 seconds... finish the game like a man. The "who cares?" is a cop out. Bottom line... he is a proffesional and should have acted such, not just left his players out there.

Yooformula
02-04-2008, 05:13 PM
he already said congrats, its not like he snubbed coughlin and didnt say anything to him. they already let fans on the field for shits' sake and oh yeah IT WAS 1 SECOND. BFD!

Prince Valiant
02-04-2008, 05:59 PM
meh...I don't think he had to leave, nor do I care that they did.

My question is why does spector (a lib republican) feel the need to get involved in "spygate"?

Karps TA
02-04-2008, 06:11 PM
For the same reason why congress is talking to Andy Petite and Roger Clemens. They've solved all the problems in this country and now can work on the small things noone cares about. It's like a reward for doing such a great job over the last decade or so.

PB86MCSS
02-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Its professional sports. Alot of money and quite obviously competitive as it gets. Trying to steal signs or plays has been around sports since they began. I agree the Pats thing is overblown. Its the day and age where everything is overblown, someone has to get blamed or credited instead of an entire team (typically the QB or coach no matter what), winners are looked at as gods and whoever loses is looked at as the worst team even though none of it is true. /rant :) .

In baseball teams have always stole or tried to steal signs from other teams, big whoop. It doesn't make it right but this is just a game afterall. Belicheck is a prick but hes a hell of a coach. The Patriots got outplayed but they still had an amazing season. I can only imagine how this might motivate them for next year. Sure they'll lose a game but I'd pencil them in as a pretty strong favorite.