PDA

View Full Version : Factory LMM D-Max ECM

Breecher_7
02-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Where can I get a new factory LMM ECM from? Id also need it programed for the truck.

Anyone that has any insight on this, let me know!

WickedSix
02-03-2008, 08:39 PM
this sounds like the bypass to the previously mentioned problem :rolf

Breecher_7
02-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Yup, seems like a pretty damn simple one to.........

Pull the factory one, keep it safe, drop in a replacement and do whatever the hell I want.

There is a guy on dieselplace.com that sells them outright with a custom tune for $475, like to find one cheaper.

UnderPSI
02-03-2008, 10:44 PM
That's a pretty good price. Plus saves the hassle of getting one from a dealership and having them program it to your truck so it runs. I am sure they would wonder why....

88Nightmare
02-03-2008, 11:41 PM
is this to allow modifications so it wont void the warranty?

Breecher_7
02-04-2008, 05:38 AM
Yes mike, that way if i have a serious problem i can drop my factory exhaust back on and swap the ecm back out and there is no trace of anything ever being done to the truck.

DSMDuDE
02-04-2008, 10:08 AM
12609441 CK2, 3 6.6-6 DURAMAX(LMM) MODULE, ENG CONT

Sound right?

I can have you one for about $350.00

BUT.... Currently there is none avail from GM, it would have to be ordered, Then SPAC cased, which means another dealer that has one, would send it to us

Which could take up to a couple days, to a couple weeks..

So lemme know, more then willing to help!

BAD LS1
02-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Yes mike, that way if i have a serious problem i can drop my factory exhaust back on and swap the ecm back out and there is no trace of anything ever being done to the truck.

except for your interweb written proof you changed stuff hahah.

Ask poncho about that!

Breecher_7
02-04-2008, 04:34 PM
except for your interweb written proof you changed stuff hahah.

Ask poncho about that!

I have no idea what you are talking about.... Everything to this point has been hypothetical, the truck is still stock and will never be modified :banana1:

:alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic

Breecher_7
02-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Mother F'er, looks like this isnt going to work. Apparently the ECM also records fuel used, milage and other parameters. If i bring in a truck with 12K miles on it and it says it used 100 gallons of fuel, that will look pretty odd.

Damn....

Looks like Ill have to deal with the 1-2mpg loss from the DPF and just put a DPF back exhaust on it with the banks 6 gun...

oh well, its not like its underpowered anyways.

UnderPSI
02-05-2008, 06:16 PM
I know the PPE tuners you can manually regen the DPF when ever you want. It is the tuner I use, no problems. Had diagnostics and trans reset for quick learn. Something to lookin into. www.pacificp.com

Breecher_7
02-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Out of the question, PPE re-writes the ECM. PPE would have been my first choice for a handheld though. Edge and Banks are the only two that piggyback off the ECM and dont touch the factory programming leaving no trace they were there.