PDA

View Full Version : Lesnar/Mir Discussion

T-Bag
02-02-2008, 10:50 PM
All I can say is wow. Very short match which sucked, but wow.

Lesnar has a bit to work on, and seemed to get a little too confident, but holy shit did he destroy Mir before that submission. A lot more impressive than I was expecting.

With a little more work I think Lesnar will be a pretty dominant in the UFC.

pickardracing
02-02-2008, 11:23 PM
What happened, didnt see it.

T-Bag
02-02-2008, 11:25 PM
What happened, didnt see it.

Lesnar had Mir down within 3 seconds of the bell and absolutely kicked his ass. Lesnar was penalized for a shot to the back of the head so it was broken up, fight would have been over there most likely if that didn't happen. After that Lesnar unleashed again, took Mir down in less than 10 seconds, stood up and let his guard go on his leg and Mir got him in a knee lock and Lesnar had to tap.

I was just sitting there with my mouth open because Lesnar just unleashed and looked like a pure monster out there.

pickardracing
02-03-2008, 12:02 AM
So he completely dominated but got ****ed by a technicality and then got subbed?

Weaksauce.

I was watching his UFC All Access special, and he scares the shit out of me. Im sure with some better sub defense he'll be unstoppable. Dude is a ******* monster.

Korndogg
02-03-2008, 12:23 AM
yeah that was some crazy shit.

T-Bag
02-03-2008, 12:41 AM
So he completely dominated but got ****ed by a technicality and then got subbed?

Weaksauce.

I was watching his UFC All Access special, and he scares the shit out of me. Im sure with some better sub defense he'll be unstoppable. Dude is a ******* monster.

Yes he is a monster, and if gets some real training instead of the BROCK SMASH mentality, he'll **** some people up. Mir has loads more training/experience so he saw the opening and took advantage.

I see a rematch down the road.

pickardracing
02-03-2008, 12:49 AM
Just watched it on youtube.

What a ******* joke. I cant remember the last time the ref stood the guys up for an inadvertent tap like that.

Brock had that ****er OWNED.

Agreed though, he got a little too antsy right at the end and walked right into that ankle lock.

Damn it.

Karps TA
02-03-2008, 03:30 AM
Lesner got hurt by inexperience. He made a rookie mistake against a top level guy. Had that been almost anyone else and I think the fight would have been over.

I thought he showed alot of potential.

hrsp
02-03-2008, 04:26 AM
cant find it on you tube...some please link it..thanks

tommyt5078
02-03-2008, 09:59 AM
cant find it on you tube...some please link it..thanks

http://http://mmafightvideos.blogspot.com/search/label/frank%20mir (http://mmafightvideos.blogspot.com/search/label/frank%20mir)

Good stuff!!!!!

Yooformula
02-03-2008, 10:09 AM
that site is down.

tommyt5078
02-03-2008, 10:18 AM
that site is down.

Try now sorry had to many http in thier.

Yooformula
02-03-2008, 10:26 AM
http://mmafightvideos.blogspot.com/search?q=mir

BadAzzGTA89
02-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Lesner got hurt by inexperience. He made a rookie mistake against a top level guy. Had that been almost anyone else and I think the fight would have been over.

I thought he showed alot of potential.

I agree 100%

Al
02-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Talk about a turn around! I didn't expect to see that.

SlowStee
02-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Lesnar will be a scary mother **** In the heavy weight Division.

He fought great, walked into a basic JiuJitsu attack and paid for it, sucks, but hes gonna kick ass once he learns how to defend submissions!

He really grew on me after watch UFC all access, and some other interviews.

70challenger452
02-03-2008, 10:36 PM
when I first heard of the fight, I thaught lesnar was going to get his ass kicked. But then after I youtube'd him, I realized how much of a beast he is, he totally distroyed Mir, Mir just got lucky.

moels
02-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Didn't know Lesner was with Sable now. She has to be 15 years older than he is. Still hot though.

MoCkiN U
02-04-2008, 01:19 AM
^ I caught that from that video too. Shocked me at first.

I just watched mir's post fight interview. His face is rocked and you can tell by his responce he is sooooo glad he got that submission lucky like that. He even says "I didnt want to catch anymore elbows" and laughs about it but know that shit is so true

Brock is going to be a monster for sure.

On another topic.....each time I watched boss comentating on the pride fights he talked about the leg lock not creating permanent damage and is "only pain" and most fighters should be able to battle pain as its not truly hurting or damaging a body part........

SOOOO, shouldnt he be able to muster up the strength to not tap?

MoCkiN U
02-04-2008, 01:20 AM
sorry, boss always said those fighters could battle pain or should. Thats not me saying it. Just asking for validity of his comment I guess?

P.S. Damn can we get an edit button? LOL

pickardracing
02-04-2008, 02:06 AM
I'd rather not make Brock angry.

SlowStee
02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
^ I caught that from that video too. Shocked me at first.

I just watched mir's post fight interview. His face is rocked and you can tell by his responce he is sooooo glad he got that submission lucky like that. He even says "I didnt want to catch anymore elbows" and laughs about it but know that shit is so true

Brock is going to be a monster for sure.

On another topic.....each time I watched boss comentating on the pride fights he talked about the leg lock not creating permanent damage and is "only pain" and most fighters should be able to battle pain as its not truly hurting or damaging a body part........

SOOOO, shouldnt he be able to muster up the strength to not tap?

Leg locks do damage! and um..THEY HURT.