PDA

View Full Version : cod4

theavenger333
02-02-2008, 09:34 PM
this goddamn game is frustrating as heck. i'm stuck on the damn Airstrike level, where you gotta run all the damn way up the hill, then run all the way back down the hill. i've ran all different directions, used all the airstrikes super fast, used them all later, all you get is this goddamn AK... i had to turn it off

PureSound15
02-03-2008, 12:31 AM
I honestly never played the regular version of the game. Online is so addictive, it never comes out of the tray.

Korndogg
02-03-2008, 12:35 AM
I honestly never played the regular version of the game. Online is so addictive, it never comes out of the tray.

Theres some pretty cool things you can do in the single player version though. Like when you are aboard the c-130 gunship and you get to use all 3 guns that it has while they circle high over the enemy while looking at them through the heat sensitive cameras.

MoCkiN U
02-03-2008, 01:19 AM
wait till the sniper level where you have to set ol boy down and then go get his sorry ass through all of that craziness. Might be the same board you are talking about. with the carousel, that level sucks large donkey balls.

If you do get there, watch for where the guys rush from at the beginning of the stage. Set claymores and c4 all along that inner concrete wall and make your way around the right side by the bumper cars. You want to make it to that corner they are rushing from at the very start. Sit behind that corner picking off people coming at you. As long as you sit there they wont come in from behind so you have a better shot at picking people off. Sit there for a bit and the sniper leader will say all have leveled out and you'll hear an announcement to go pick him up and get to the chopper. This park sucks but just haul ass to get him and try to make it around the back side of the chopper in route to him cause your fellow army guys are laying down cover fire on that side.

hope that helps. anyone on COD send me a friend invite. I play under "MOCKINU" same as on here.

05caddyext
02-03-2008, 01:22 AM
That level takes a while to complete. You have to use the airstrikes wisely. And, there are other weapons, just pick them up off the people you just blew to $hit with an airstrike. You have to just keep running towards the bottom of the hill. You shouldn't have to ever go back up it, don't know what you mean by that. You have to get to the bottom and wait for a helicopter to come. I know you can pick up a fully automatic long machine gun like an rpd or saw in that field somewhere. Stay on the road, its the path of least resistance. Sprint, you don't have to kill everyone, you won't be able to. Hope this helps.

Yooformula
02-03-2008, 01:22 AM
there is a video that shows how to win that board.

05caddyext
02-03-2008, 01:24 AM
wait till the sniper level where you have to set ol boy down and then go get his sorry ass through all of that craziness. Might be the same board you are talking about. with the carousel, that level sucks large donkey balls.

He is way past that level.

theavenger333
02-03-2008, 02:37 PM

If you do get there, watch for where the guys rush from at the beginning of the stage. Set claymores and c4 all along that inner concrete wall and make your way around the right side by the bumper cars. You want to make it to that corner they are rushing from at the very start. Sit behind that corner picking off people coming at you. As long as you sit there they wont come in from behind so you have a better shot at picking people off. Sit there for a bit and the sniper leader will say all have leveled out and you'll hear an announcement to go pick him up and get to the chopper. This park sucks but just haul ass to get him and try to make it around the back side of the chopper in route to him cause your fellow army guys are laying down cover fire on that side.

hope that helps. anyone on COD send me a friend invite. I play under "MOCKINU" same as on here.

yeah i did that level, once i chose where to hide, it was cake. hid in the Picnic area thingy, with my back and side to the wall. i'm a good sniper, so it only took like 4 tries to get it. as for the airstrike level, i've tried every which way, including airstrike, run, airstrike, run. i get picked off everytime, farthest i've made it is about halfway down the hill.

as soon as xbox live gets its arse in gear reseting my stupid Passport account, i'll be on.

Want_Notch
02-04-2008, 12:30 PM
I just picked up COD4 yesterday. It's pretty cool. I started the level above recruit. It's harder than I thought it would be. I need to get better before I try playing online though

Myles
02-04-2008, 12:43 PM
I just picked up COD4 yesterday. It's pretty cool. I started the level above recruit. It's harder than I thought it would be. I need to get better before I try playing online though

pfft

lies

Want_Notch
02-04-2008, 01:19 PM
pfft

lies

Whaaaa?

Myles
02-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Whaaaa?

i dont know

Want_Notch
02-04-2008, 02:28 PM
That's what I thought.

Yooformula
02-04-2008, 05:07 PM
pfft

lies

this only applies to you. I have never seen someone rank up so damm fast!:goof

Myles
02-04-2008, 05:08 PM
this only applies to you. I have never seen someone rank up so damm fast!:goof

i am 37 now, or 38 i cant remember.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
02-04-2008, 05:41 PM
You were playing that game from 9am till 10pm. No wonder

Mudd Runner
02-04-2008, 05:50 PM
i am 37 now, or 38 i cant remember.

holy sh!t you passed me up already

Myles
02-04-2008, 05:58 PM
You were playing that game from 9am till 10pm. No wonder

actually i slept till 2 yesterday
and went to bed at 11 :/

05caddyext
02-04-2008, 08:25 PM
I need to get better before I try playing online though

Online play is totally different than playing by yourself. The maps are different, you won't even recognize them. They are about 1/10 the size of the maps you play in the single player version, so you can learn them quickly. They get old after a while though, there are not enough of them and they aren't random enough when you play online with a bunch of people.

I am a level 55 on prestige mode 2. Could probably be at least a level 7 prestige, but I stopped going prestige after 2 times, got boring.

rally_scort
02-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Online play is totally different than playing by yourself. The maps are different, you won't even recognize them. They are about 1/10 the size of the maps you play in the single player version, so you can learn them quickly. They get old after a while though, there are not enough of them and they aren't random enough when you play online with a bunch of people.

I am a level 55 on prestige mode 2. Could probably be at least a level 7 prestige, but I stopped going prestige after 2 times, got boring.

well at least by spring, there will be some DLC(downloadable content).This means more maps, extra match settings, and possibly some new weapons/perks/weapon accesories.It just surfaced today, and expected date is early spring.Cant wait :thumbsup

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
02-04-2008, 09:44 PM
well at least by spring, there will be some DLC(downloadable content).This means more maps, extra match settings, and possibly some new weapons/perks/weapon accesories.It just surfaced today, and expected date is early spring.Cant wait :thumbsup

About damn time

theavenger333
02-04-2008, 09:57 PM

yeah, they did the same with Halo 2, which was, and still is, the most popular overall game played online via Live. COD4 is gonna pass it soon though. crappy part is the downloads cost extra. usually 9.99 for 2-4 maps with Halo

Yooformula
02-04-2008, 11:23 PM
I had read that COD4 is the most online played game as of feb 1st.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
02-05-2008, 06:10 AM
I had read that COD4 is the most online played game as of feb 1st.

Expected for over 200k people getting it for Xmas

Crawlin
02-05-2008, 08:54 AM
A bunch of the guys I play with in my SSU clan, played with some of the developers from Infinity Ward. They told us what some of the updates are gonna be. VERY COOL stuff indeed. Was also interesting to hear about some of the programming on the scopes. How some of the guns are actually WAAAAY off from the actual scope marks. They are gonna tighten those up. So look out for those "reach out and touch someone" shots :)

STANMAN
02-05-2008, 11:52 AM
This is way true. I can't tell you how many times I have been trying to snipe someone the whole map away, and they open up with thier Scorpian and kill me, it's just stupid.

Yooformula
02-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Expected for over 200k people getting it for Xmas

no shit, I got a newletter from the COD site and they announced that COD4 is the most played game online even outplaying Halo 2/3.

MoCkiN U
02-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I saw it pop in last night with one of my achievements. I now have the ablility to choose "golden m60" but, I have to get all perks in the light machine gun class. 150 head shots with some of those will take a while for sure!!

Myles
02-05-2008, 01:15 PM
i want to see if i can hit 55 tonight

rally_scort
02-05-2008, 03:54 PM
do you guys have a group, or do you all play seperatealy? Ive been at 55 for a while, and im not sure if i want to bother with the presitige mode.

MoCkiN U
02-05-2008, 04:09 PM
^what is that exactly? Im at 46 now so have a bit to go anyway but just curious. I see hints in the window sometimes about making a choice once you rank up

rally_scort
02-05-2008, 04:19 PM
^what is that exactly? Im at 46 now so have a bit to go anyway but just curious. I see hints in the window sometimes about making a choice once you rank up

once you hit 55, you can make a choice.Basically, if you decide to go prestige, you loose all your achievements and earned guns/perks/etc.You basically start all over and work your way up again.It comes down to showing off or to keep busy.You dont gain much except gold weapons which dont really interest me at all.I think ill stay where im at.To me staying at 55, most people wont think twice when they play you and you can own alot easier.

Crawlin
02-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I've done it 3-4 times, but will not be doing it again. I want the cool looking gun cammo instead of a cool emblem. Besides, with the limited amount of time I have to play, I wouldn't hit the "TOP" level before Rainbow Six:Las Vegas 2 comes out and I'd be playing that if it's anything like the first one.

theavenger333
02-05-2008, 10:17 PM
no shit, I got a newletter from the COD site and they announced that COD4 is the most played game online even outplaying Halo 2/3.

per day it is. Halo2 was out on Xbox live for almost 6 years man. it'll take a little time before it beats the overall on H2

MoCkiN U
02-05-2008, 11:10 PM
I may hit level 50 tonight? Stuck on 49 at the moment. Currently going through and getting all the perks on my SMGs so it takes sometime to rack up the kill totals with the uzi and the scorpion.

Would love to just run through the levels with the G3C but gotta get those points to unlock more weapons.

Yooformula
02-06-2008, 09:05 AM
I'm with Chris on the prestige crap. This time around I am not going up as its not worth losing all of the perks and guns just to start over again. I really want to max out all challenges this time.

Crawlin
02-06-2008, 09:24 AM
yeah, the red tiger .50cal sniper rifle is badass looking :)

although any of the red/blue tiger on my AK looks like crap because of the wood. at this point i'm more concerned on getting my k/d ration up after my first month or two playing the game and just doing a run and gun. that and try and win as many games as possible. lost too many playing with random groups that sucked

Josepy
02-06-2008, 09:42 AM
wish i would of brought my xbox to work today. nobody is here. could of been playing online all day.

Yooformula
02-06-2008, 09:46 AM
My kill/death ration is among the worst of our group but the last few weeks I have been doing really well until I go prestige and get stuck with shitty combos. My aim is really bad to begin with so I need all of the perks I can get.

Josepy
02-06-2008, 09:49 AM
yeah when i get to the top im not going to start over. usually by now i would have lost interest in this game.

rally_scort
02-06-2008, 10:17 AM
yeah when i get to the top im not going to start over. usually by now i would have lost interest in this game.

i made the mistake of starting 1st prestige.Talk about a shitstorm unless your playing with a bunch of shitty players.

Yooformula
02-06-2008, 10:34 AM
no kidding! you have to be in a good clan and ONLY do team matches unless you want to spend alot of time ranking up.

Josepy
02-06-2008, 10:36 AM
we damn near have enough people playing some nights to go against each other in a team deathmatch.

rally_scort
02-06-2008, 11:13 AM
we damn near have enough people playing some nights to go against each other in a team deathmatch.

lemme get in on the action :thumbsup

Crawlin
02-06-2008, 11:43 AM
i have a good clan that i play with(SSU) that we are probably at a 10:1 win/loss ratio, but some of the key players got the RROD in the past couple weeks so they haven't been on. My Low Rollers clan that you guys have played with is pretty good, but not as good as my SSU clan. In the past 2 days I've reduced my overall kill/ratio by 250 kills. So an 1hr or 2hr of playing got me back to where I should be, just have to keep going at that pace to get back above the 1.00 k/d mark.

I'm looking at my number of headshots, and i'd have all my gold weapons at this point had I just stayed at the first one. ALOT of my SSU friends stayed at the first level and have just done the headshot thing and it's funny how much shit people talk about not doing the prestige level. but yet their win/loss and k/d ratio's are amongst the highest.

Crawlin
02-06-2008, 11:43 AM
i will say, i have ALOT more fun playing against each other in a private match when we have 6-8 people than I do playing random ranked matches.

Yooformula
02-06-2008, 11:58 AM

hahah no kidding. most times we cant even play a match unless its a private one or a ground war due to how big our parties are. always a ton of fun.

Josepy
02-06-2008, 12:02 PM
hahah no kidding. most times we cant even play a match unless its a private one or a ground war due to how big our parties are. always a ton of fun.

i dont even care that im not getting nay points for it. its fun killing boosted.

Myles
02-06-2008, 12:11 PM
i dont even care that im not getting nay points for it. its fun killing boosted.

**** yeah, private matches are fun as hell

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
02-06-2008, 12:51 PM
**** yeah, private matches are fun as hell

more private matches later

Crawlin
02-06-2008, 01:23 PM
I Should Be On Later Tonight If We Want To Do Some Private Matches

rally_scort
02-06-2008, 01:40 PM
I Should Be On Later Tonight If We Want To Do Some Private Matches

ill be out plowing from now till about 9 or so, but ill be on after that.I played a few games today with some of you guys, but i had to cut it short cuz the snow wont stop:flipoff2:

MoCkiN U
02-06-2008, 03:07 PM
I get so tired of the kids on these matches on public play. I take the headset out and they play through the damn tv talking their whiny crap. too bad you cant mute them until the lobby so you have to sit through that crap

Josepy
02-06-2008, 03:49 PM
i will be on later tonight.

Yooformula
02-06-2008, 03:52 PM
no you can mute them during a game. I know with the 360 hit select, use the scroll to their name, hit the gamertag button then mute and file complaints!

Want_Notch
02-07-2008, 08:38 AM
I was playing COD4 online for the first time yesterday. I thought there were a bunch of whiners that play Gears of War online. That's all I heard was crying.....

Yooformula
02-07-2008, 08:57 AM
hahahahahaah. the best is the whiners crying about campers, they will cry non stop during a game!

Want_Notch
02-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Yeah I heard that alot yesterday. But if you are really good at snipping why wouldn't you?

Yooformula
02-07-2008, 09:26 AM
I just dont like running around the map just to be a target for someone else.

Want_Notch
02-07-2008, 09:44 AM
On most maps I run around, there is one though (don't remember the name of it) that I have a nice spot I just sit and pick people off as they run by.

wikked
02-07-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm currently ranked in the top 50,000 in accuracy on PS3, with over 20%. (wikked98)
Which doesn't sound that good, but more than half of those people have like 6 shots fired, 3 kills.
There should be a 500 kill minimum for accuracy rankings :P

Legitimate 23 kill streak too, which is damn near impossible sniping.

All I do is snipe, and I hate the Shipment map, I'm the only one who ever votes to skip. :)
I get whined at sometimes by these douchebags with 70+ kills per map, yet they don't realize that they wouldn't have half that if I wasn't constantly picking off the people lying in wait for them.
You go rush in and secure/destroy HQ, and I'll hang back and keep them off your ass. Lrn2Teamwork.
I should get a mic, just so I can tell them off.

Agreed on the tightening up on weapons... the ACOG scopes for sniping are total junk.
I hope they loosen the scopes on others, the accuracy on some of those rifles is just cheating.

Like what was said, I'm sniping some guy from across the map, and he'll "pew pew pew" me with his zero-kickback rifle with ease while I'm clearly hitting him. Such bullshėt.

That G32C or 36 or w/e the fukk it is, is the worst of them all, everyone uses it, because it has such a wide add on scope, rediculous accurary, and ZERO kickback.
Needs a bit of nerfing.

rally_scort
02-07-2008, 10:27 AM
i got up to prestige 1, level 23 and im bored with the shit selection of weapons.Im goin to finish this prestige, complete all the challenges, then ima put the controller down till the new DLC comes out.These maps are getting played to death and its hard to stay alive longer than 15 seconds if you got guys launching 3 grenades each into your spawn area.Ive been reading on www.infinityward.com, and it looks like most of the cheating/glitches/etc will be taken care of and there trying to restore the realism back into the game.

Want_Notch
02-07-2008, 10:30 AM
I was killed sniping yesterday from across the map by a guy with desert eagle hand gun. I shot him three times, he killed me with one.

The guys that just toss grenades everywher are the ones that piss me off.

wikked
02-07-2008, 12:28 PM
The guys that just toss grenades everywher are the ones that piss me off.

Throw their own grenades back at them? unless they're cooked :P

Want_Notch
02-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I do. The problem is when they are throwing one after another after another. I have no idea how they can equip themselves with that many.

rally_scort
02-07-2008, 12:45 PM
is anybody goin to be playing today/tonight?

Want_Notch
02-07-2008, 12:52 PM
I'll be playing Gears of War or COD4

Myles
02-07-2008, 01:11 PM
im always playing. usually on and off. Mainly when someone else is online.

Josepy
02-07-2008, 01:41 PM
i will be on tonight till about 6 or so. then again after 8or 9pm i think

rally_scort
02-07-2008, 01:57 PM
i will be on tonight till about 6 or so. then again after 8or 9pm i think

cool, i added you a few others.Ill be online for a little till about 4ish, then ill be on later.

Josepy
02-07-2008, 02:00 PM
cool, i added you a few others.Ill be online for a little till about 4ish, then ill be on later.

i plan on leaving work soon seeing how i was 1 of the only 5 people to show up yesterday. bad roads never scare me.

Crawlin
02-07-2008, 03:00 PM
figure you have 4 grenades, and then if they get killed(like in wet works) they just spawn right there and launch 4 more. yeah it's irritating, but oh well, got to live with it.

like i said in a previous post, the sniper rifles are supposedly WAY off on the reticles. so you'll get a good shot maybe 75% of the time.

i see it "sometimes", but not as often as on Rainbow Six:L.V., but if you are too close to a guy, each weapon has a distance and you can literally miss since in the games mind, your barrel is actually sticking out the guy's back. Definitely sucks when they are running with an uzi or pistol and they get you then

Yooformula
02-07-2008, 03:14 PM
I will be on but after 9 tonight.

wikked
02-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I do. The problem is when they are throwing one after another after another. I have no idea how they can equip themselves with that many.

you get 3x Frag perk at lv. 41... works great for Shipment :P

Want_Notch
02-08-2008, 06:47 AM
I was going to play COD4 but into a good GOW game and couldn't leave it.

rally_scort
02-08-2008, 09:11 AM
I was going to play COD4 but into a good GOW game and couldn't leave it.

u missed out on probably the funniest private matches ive played.We started out using just knives, but somehow some grenades and gun shots were heard from who knows where :rolf:rolf

Crawlin
02-08-2008, 09:26 AM
COOPS A BIATCH :)

"if you can't win, cheat"

Josepy
02-08-2008, 09:39 AM
yeah i had a blast last night til the wife came home and wanted to get busy.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
02-08-2008, 09:51 AM
yeah i had a blast last night til the wife came home and wanted to get busy.

Good ending

Myles
02-08-2008, 10:02 AM
the knives only rounds were funny as ****

PureSound15
02-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Hell yeah that was a blast :headbang

Crawlin
02-08-2008, 10:11 AM
we need to do a bolt action sniper rifle, headshot only, on shipment :)

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
02-08-2008, 10:54 AM
we need to do a bolt action sniper rifle, headshot only, on shipment :)

I'm game

Myles
02-08-2008, 11:49 AM
yeah im going to suck ass at that, im no good with a sniper rifle using the controller

Crawlin
02-08-2008, 12:24 PM
DUDE, there is NO skill to it, only luck, hahahahaha

turn the perks off and it's gonna be a LOW scoring game.

although we need to play some more team deathmatches again. I need to build my kill/death ratio up again after a WICKED sabotage game, haha. even had to go to sudden death/no respawn, where within 30 seconds of that we won, haha

Myles
02-08-2008, 12:30 PM
DUDE, there is NO skill to it, only luck, hahahahaha

turn the perks off and it's gonna be a LOW scoring game.

although we need to play some more team deathmatches again. I need to build my kill/death ratio up again after a WICKED sabotage game, haha. even had to go to sudden death/no respawn, where within 30 seconds of that we won, haha

Do private matches count for your KD ratio? Cause at times we have way too many people on to do anything but a private match

PureSound15
02-08-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm on now...

Lets fight

Myles
02-08-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm on now...

Lets fight

fine *****.

Crawlin
02-08-2008, 12:53 PM
i thought they did, but i'm not 100% positive.

Either way, it was nice going 20-5 or 18-3 against you guys:)

rally_scort
02-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Do private matches count for your KD ratio? Cause at times we have way too many people on to do anything but a private match

hopefully that will change once the new maps are avaliable.The rumor is, a good handful of new maps including bigger teams=24+ players :wooo.

Crawlin
02-08-2008, 01:55 PM
great.... even more lag with the amount of people and their walmart connections

Myles
02-08-2008, 02:12 PM
great.... even more lag with the amount of people and their walmart connections

yeah, ground wars gets laggy if the host has a junk connection

theavenger333
02-08-2008, 06:19 PM
eh, in that knives game the only people that i couldn't kill consistently was Myles and Chris. i did just fine though, not bad for having the system for under a week still

Yooformula
02-08-2008, 06:28 PM
private matches do NOT count towards your kills or scores.

HAMRHEAD
02-09-2008, 09:19 AM
As it shouldn't. Too many people would cheat and just have their buddy sit there while they killed them. They just need to fix the major weapons flaws first. The Acog sucks but in real life it is GREAT! Make it more accurate and increase the field of view a little. Certain weapons shouldn't be able to reach you across the damn board. And the sniper rifles should have bipods to help steady them. I've never shaked that bad in real life while using one. You would have to be mildly retarded to move the rifle around like that!

HAMRHEAD
02-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Anyone elses controller getting shot from playing this so much? When I move forward and stop the character isn't stopping. He either keeps walking forwad, inches around in sniper mode, or just starts going in an uncontrollable circle! Which I'm sure is hilarious for the other team to see. It takes a good 1-2 sec before I can regain control too. Just curious if this is happening to anyone else?

Yooformula
02-09-2008, 09:58 AM
the controller is easy to take apart. I bet the spring is stuck inside. I really hate that you cant shoot while sprinting. Most of my deaths are because I get shot trying to shoot after running instead of firing from the hip.

moels
02-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Me and my kids are practicing today so I can get into it with you guys again and actually know what the hell I'm doing. lol

Reverend Cooper
02-09-2008, 10:19 AM
wayne make sure you get me a friend request

moels
02-09-2008, 10:21 AM
I'll look your name up later and add you buddy.

moels
02-09-2008, 10:56 AM
OMFG! I am getting embarrassed by my kids in this game. I'm ready to give up.

michelle
02-09-2008, 11:14 AM

That's why you should just cut your losses and play Forza 2. :banana1:

moels
02-09-2008, 11:18 AM
That's why you should just cut your losses and play Forza 2. :banana1:

Yep, I'm not bad at that. Just gotta work on my career and make my car faster.

I'll be online tonight if anyone wants to hook up.

michelle
02-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Oooh.. hooking up! :devil

Wait, we are talking video games. Nevermind.

rally_scort
02-09-2008, 11:41 AM

i found out last night, have a few beers and your game will improve.My aim was steadier and i was less jumpy :thumbsup

moels
02-09-2008, 11:43 AM
i found out last night, have a few beers and your game will improve.My aim was steadier and i was less jumpy :thumbsup

That sounds like good strategy AND a great excuse to have some cold ones. :thumbsup

wikked
02-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Certain weapons shouldn't be able to reach you across the damn board. And the sniper rifles should have bipods to help steady them. I've never shaked that bad in real life while using one. You would have to be mildly retarded to move the rifle around like that!

You mean like last stand from 1000ft away? :rolleyes:

A bipod when laying down would be cool, zero movement like every other late level gun, but it would be a little unrealistic when crouching or standing up.
Should be able to hold your breath with an ACOG too, I don't get that.

rally_scort
02-09-2008, 11:48 AM
That sounds like good strategy AND a great excuse to have some cold ones. :thumbsup

now ya got it :devil

HAMRHEAD
02-10-2008, 10:17 AM

A bipod when laying down would be cool, zero movement like every other late level gun, but it would be a little unrealistic when crouching or standing up.
Should be able to hold your breath with an ACOG too, I don't get that.

Exactly! WTF is with killing someone with a last stand from across the map? movement while standing or kneeling is appropriate but in the prone...not! I suppose if sniping was so easy everyone would do it and there would be no one moving around. Would make for a boring HQ's :rolf

Myles
02-10-2008, 07:25 PM
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15126/Call-of-Duty-4-Patch-In-the-Works-Features-Revealed/

Finally a solution to the host left game thing. Also a netcode fix for the ground wars and other 18+ people matches. Wish they added more shit tho, maps and perks would be nice. Hopefully thats coming as well.

Reverend Cooper
02-10-2008, 08:48 PM
thats cool,now i wont have to call the host that dropped out a ***

GTSLOW
02-10-2008, 10:39 PM

:rolf Don't you hate that shit, especially when they use the desert eagle that can shoot thru stuff. :fire

wikked
02-11-2008, 09:40 AM
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15126/Call-of-Duty-4-Patch-In-the-Works-Features-Revealed/

Finally a solution to the host left game thing. Also a netcode fix for the ground wars and other 18+ people matches. Wish they added more shit tho, maps and perks would be nice. Hopefully thats coming as well.

That article is almost 3 months old... I think that patch has been released already?
The airstrike killcam has been in PS3 ever since I got the game on 12/25.
The next new new patch is almost out though, which will have new maps and other needed stuff like CrawlinZ mentioned earlier.

Yooformula
02-11-2008, 10:27 AM
agreed, chopper killcam has been on for a bit now.

Josepy
02-11-2008, 10:32 AM
agreed, chopper killcam has been on for a bit now.

they could really make the game awesome by invloving vehicles. or bigger maps where you have to drive to meet the enemy. think it would be even better.

Myles
02-11-2008, 12:36 PM
That article is almost 3 months old... I think that patch has been released already?
The airstrike killcam has been in PS3 ever since I got the game on 12/25.
The next new new patch is almost out though, which will have new maps and other needed stuff like CrawlinZ mentioned earlier.

I thought that too, but we still get host left and ended game errors, and i have never seen an airstrike cam, only helicopter.

Crawlin
02-12-2008, 09:20 AM
fu(king nooobs

all you guys with juggernaut AND last stand and the noob tubes :rolleyes:

Knyghtmare
02-12-2008, 10:08 AM
I thought the single player was amazing! Definatly worth the money, just for the single player alone. I couldnt stop playing it, I beat it in 2 days, only because I had to sleep and work. My favorite part was playing though Pripyat, the city of the Chernobyl disaster.

The multipayer though... I dont understand how so many like it so much? I think its crap. All it is, is Cheater Strike with a bunch of stuff changed around and there ya go. Just garbage in my opinion. I've stuck with Battlefield 2 for multiplayer, and Battlefield 3 will be out at the end of this year.

wikked
02-12-2008, 10:12 AM
fu(king nooobs

all you guys with juggernaut AND last stand and the noob tubes :rolleyes:

You forgot Martyrdom, the worst perk ever.
How is that even realistic? How do you pull the pin on a grenade when you are DEAD!?

I never use it, but I don't think Last Stand is noobish, at least it's realistic, and possible. The distance needs some nerfing though :P

Juggernaut also is realistic, but should be tweaked so that you move 20% slower, as if you were wearing BPvest or Kevlar or something.

Noob Tube... well, accuracy should be that of a drunken woman when firing, unless crouching or prone.
Not even Chuck Norris could full sprint, stop, and pick you off while lugging one of those fukkers around.

Want_Notch
02-12-2008, 10:28 AM
I thought the single player was amazing! Definatly worth the money, just for the single player alone. I couldnt stop playing it, I beat it in 2 days, only because I had to sleep and work. My favorite part was playing though Pripyat, the city of the Chernobyl disaster.

The multipayer though... I dont understand how so many like it so much? I think its crap. All it is, is Cheater Strike with a bunch of stuff changed around and there ya go. Just garbage in my opinion. I've stuck with Battlefield 2 for multiplayer, and Battlefield 3 will be out at the end of this year.

I agree with you. I liked the game but the public rooms online sucks IMO.
To me Gears is way better online.

Crawlin
02-12-2008, 11:03 AM
I think the COMBINATION of juggernaut AND last stand is noobish.

You have to lay a WHOLE clip into the guy to have him go down with a silenced P90 WITHOUT stopping power as a perk, and then he goes down and has last stand to pick you off since you are reloading. i don't think it's realistic at all. if I lay a WHOLE clip of, i don't care what, into you, you're gonna die in reality.

and the noob tube, how hard is it to actually play the game if you just wait for a bunch to get into the HQ and then spray one in there. just ghey

and yes, martyrdom is pathetic unless you are on shipment where it's basically just a kill fest anyways, hahaha. i hate it when you are playing a team game like HQ or domination and ONE guy gets killed and drops his grenade and kills the rest of the team. i HATE those players

Myles
02-12-2008, 11:14 AM
If its in the game use it. It may not be liked cause you arent on the good of of it but its still part of the game. Thats my thoughts on it.

Want_Notch
02-12-2008, 11:20 AM
I'll still continue to play COD4 online. The private setups are a blast. I just prefer Gears setup

Crawlin
02-12-2008, 11:35 AM
i agree, you can use it all you want myles, my opinion of said players needing a "crutch" that I.W. made, is just reduced :)

i do realize i need to get off the wireless hookup though. seems the guys with the hard lined setups have a much better connection.

theavenger333
02-12-2008, 11:55 AM
indeed, wireless is being SO hyped these days, not only did you have to buy that ridiculous what, 100 dollar adapter? but its just not consistent enough. hardline is the only way to go

wikked
02-12-2008, 12:07 PM
i do realize i need to get off the wireless hookup though. seems the guys with the hard lined setups have a much better connection.

Yep!
Too much that can degrade the wireless signal... microwaves, cell phones, etc. etc.
It might not disconnect you, but your signal strength is gonna suffer.

I swear some of the game hosts are on dialup, even if it's unpossible. You should not be able to host a game with 2 bars of signal strength.

Wireless is great for laptops / ocassional web surfing / chatting online... but it has no place in multiplayer games.
Packet loss > you. :tomato

Yooformula
02-12-2008, 12:17 PM
I think the COMBINATION of juggernaut AND last stand is noobish.

You have to lay a WHOLE clip into the guy to have him go down with a silenced P90 WITHOUT stopping power as a perk, and then he goes down and has last stand to pick you off since you are reloading. i don't think it's realistic at all. if I lay a WHOLE clip of, i don't care what, into you, you're gonna die in reality.

I couldnt agree more! I began the use of the P90 yesterday and got 150 kills with it and damm near ever kill needed a full clip because of juggernaut. I made the mistake of using overkill and not having stopping power for about half of those kills. I cant even stand the rpg anymore, flat out pita and aiming sucks imo. All the newbs need a tutorial on what to do in certain games.......martydom in headquarters is stupid!

Yooformula
02-12-2008, 12:18 PM
wtf is what them taking away UAV when you die now???

rally_scort
02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
wtf is what them taking away UAV when you die now???

your saying if you call a UAV in, and you die, they cancel it? Ive never noticed that before :confused

Yooformula
02-12-2008, 12:28 PM
yup, josepy notice it last night also.

rally_scort
02-12-2008, 12:31 PM

i wonder if it works the same with the helicopters

Josepy
02-12-2008, 01:38 PM

yeah that was weird. i had it happen again. then the third time just righ after i died i hit it and it worked.

Crawlin
02-12-2008, 08:47 PM
i think it's only occaisionally, some weird glitch if you are working your way up to hitting the air strike.

i STILL don't get the idiots that go STRAIGHT for the helicopter 7 kills. You know you can hit 5, get an air strike and kill 2 more with that, and THEN call in the helicopter right??? idiots i swear. because if you go STRAIGHT for the helicopter, you miss out on the air strike ability.

i will ONLY use overkill on a sniper/ak47 combo or maybe an acog M16 for something like crossfire where you may need the close quarter combat but are mainly sniping from acoss the maps

STANMAN
02-12-2008, 09:15 PM
I like the new noob sensation sweeping the game, the grenade launcher from forever away!

HAMRHEAD
02-12-2008, 10:03 PM
You forgot Martyrdom, the worst perk ever.
How is that even realistic? How do you pull the pin on a grenade when you are DEAD!?

I never use it, but I don't think Last Stand is noobish, at least it's realistic, and possible. The distance needs some nerfing though :P

Juggernaut also is realistic, but should be tweaked so that you move 20% slower, as if you were wearing BPvest or Kevlar or something.

Noob Tube... well, accuracy should be that of a drunken woman when firing, unless crouching or prone.
Not even Chuck Norris could full sprint, stop, and pick you off while lugging one of those fukkers around.

Becareful with the word realistic when referring to video games :) Technically air strikes and choppers should take longer then. Plus you should be required to call in a 8 digit grid or laser the target. Don't forget danger close 2m! :thumbsup

PureSound15
02-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Nobody is playin tonight?

Yooformula
02-12-2008, 11:32 PM
working tonight until 1am then I am game to play but I maxed out 2 guns in 2 days, I need a break and I am out of favorite guns.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
02-13-2008, 05:51 AM
I owned with the P90, 59 kills in 3 matches.

rally_scort
02-13-2008, 07:28 AM
I owned with the P90, 59 kills in 3 matches.

x2
i never liked the p90 only because id have to unload a whole clip in a guy.Now that i realized that i need to use stopping power, im also owning mofo's.I finished my p90 in one night :thumbsup

Crawlin
02-13-2008, 11:13 AM
sweeeeet.....

Originally Posted by xbox.com

Great News! The new feature patch I talked about last week (with new Kill Cams, Host Migration, and other new features) for the Xbox 360 has finished it’s internal testing and development and has officially been sent off to Microsoft for Certification. It’s only a matter of Microsoft putting it through the certification paces and it will be available for download for all Xbox 360 players.

If you forgot, keep reading to re-cap on all the new features this patch brings to players.

New Kill Cams

We’ve added new Kill Cams for everything. So now those “WTF!” grenades that seemingly come from no where, you can see that a guy threw it over the house, it hit a tree branch, bounced off a rock, into a tiny window, where you happened to be pointing out of, and say…… whoa. Follow behind RPGs and M203’s kill cams, claymores, Airstrikes where you can follow the bomb from the plane until it hits you.

Host Migration:

Now you won’t have to be dropped back by yourself when a host leaves. Instead, everyone will stay together, a new host will be assigned, and the game will auto-start back up. Keeping everyone together, no more re-inviting, re-joining games because some host leaves. This has been a tall order and something that we’ve put a lot of work into which has allowed us to really optimize online play all around not just specifically with Host migration.

Improved Sniper / ACOG Accuracy:

Sniper and ACOG scopes have been tweaked and are really improved. I use to not snipe at all (mainly because I’m a horrible sniper), but now it’s so much more fluid and natural, while still having the same difficulty to use, it has no more “WTF I know I hit that guy!” moments.

Upgraded Spectator Cam:

Now when you’re in spectator mode you can follow them in 3rd person, switch to their first person view, or rotate the camera in a full 360 degrees around whoever you’re watching.

Quick Mute Option

Users will now be able to quick mute players on the fly by pulling up the scoreboard in-game or via the lobby by simply going to their name and hitting the mute assigned button. As quickly as calling in and designating an airstike. So no longer getting killed while trying to make your way through the Xbox blades for the mute option so you can shut up the guy who always seems to find it funny to sing into his mic or cover up for his lack of skill by telling you how to play Domination his way.

rally_scort
02-13-2008, 11:50 AM
sweeeeet.....

you just made my day :thumbsup

i might be too optimistic, but i think the host migration has hit already.I was playing this morning and the host left, and the lobby came back but it just kept goin with the current scores in the game.It took about 20 seconds to restart the match, no players/scores were lost.

wikked
02-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Improved Sniper / ACOG Accuracy:

Sniper and ACOG scopes have been tweaked and are really improved. I use to not snipe at all (mainly because I’m a horrible sniper), but now it’s so much more fluid and natural, while still having the same difficulty to use, it has no more “WTF I know I hit that guy!” moments.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

wow I can't wait... I'm really gonna piss a lot of people off now :rolf