PDA

View Full Version : So, I got into an accident.....

67-400
02-01-2008, 09:44 AM
.....last week Thursday, on HWY 100, right in front of Burger King. It was rush hour, coming home from work, I live 2 blocks away and anxiously hoping to get home to from a long day. I'm approaching Cleveland heading south in the left lane, and realize there is a long line, in which I proceded to stop for. As I stop and look in rear view mirror, I see the guy behind me coming quick! I inch up, hoping to give him room, but its too late. I felt him hit my Lexus :punch: and then the SUV behind him smashed into him. Of course I felt that one also. :punch::punch:. Well, the third person in the SUV hopped the median in her SUV and left the scene, thankfully I got the License Plate # dumb B**** :flipoff2:. Don't worry, you'll be gettin a call :) So me the guy that hit me pull over in the Target Parking lot, exchange info I get his insurance for them to pay the damages + a rental car. Anyone hear about Brownells Auto Body on 102nd & Greenfield? Good work? Looks clean, thats where my appointment is to get it fixed. End of story.

6forwardgears
02-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Wow, I wonder what the story behind the Lexus SUV was... usually if someone leaves the scene it's someone *cough*illegal*cough* in a beater.

oops, I read wrong.. you just said "SUV". Probably somebody without insurance and what not...

Slow Joe
02-01-2008, 10:07 AM
They've been around for quite some time... I'd assume they do good work... But I guess you never know...

johnny--2k
02-01-2008, 10:09 AM
They do decent work. The owner lives right across the street from me. My dad has taken his old Benz there twice for minor bumper repairs and I took my accord there. Work was pretty good for paint matching a 6 year old beat to hell accord.....

Rick is the owners name btw. Super nice guy!

67-400
02-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Wow, I wonder what the story behind the Lexus SUV was... usually if someone leaves the scene it's someone *cough*illegal*cough* in a beater.

Oh no...I was the Lexus. An SUV was the one that hit ther person who hit me. I didn't get what kind it was til after I got their license plate as they fled. I searched records for that plate # and it turned out to be a Mitsubishi Montero. A 44 yr old woman who has a long relationship with the court system, I saw on public records.

6forwardgears
02-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Oh no...I was the Lexus. An SUV was the one that hit ther person who hit me. I didn't get what kind it was til after I got their license plate as they fled. I searched records for that plate # and it turned out to be a Mitsubishi Montero. A 44 yr old woman who has a long relationship with the court system, I saw on public records.

Well, at least you got her plates and stuff. Now she'll get what's coming to her :headbang

GHOSST
02-01-2008, 11:42 AM
So wait, she hit the guy, and then the guy hit you? Or the guy hit you first, and she could't stop in time and hit him, in which you felt that too... I'm lost here...????:confused????

Cutlass Queen
02-01-2008, 11:45 AM
So wait, she hit the guy, and then the guy hit you? Or the guy hit you first, and she could't stop in time and hit him, in which you felt that too... I'm lost here...????:confused????

Sounds like the guy hit Mikey first, then the lady who fled hit that guy which then hit Mikey's Lexus again.

I haven't heard anything about them Mikey, sorry about what happened though :(

WickedSix
02-01-2008, 12:18 PM
bummer deal, but good quick thinking to get the license #, dunno why people think they can escape their responsibility by doing that shit

67-400
02-01-2008, 12:34 PM

Precisely, this Saturn hit me, but then the SUV hit the saturn, which in a chain reaction of events pushed the Saturn into me again.

67-400
02-01-2008, 12:38 PM
bummer deal, but good quick thinking to get the license #, dunno why people think they can escape their responsibility by doing that shit

Yah, thats funny that ppl think they can get away with that! I was in the process of callin my Rachel immediately after it happened and as the SUV was driving away cussin & screamin, I was speaking her license plate # to Rachel's voicemail. I wouldn't have remembered it w/out doing something like that or texting it to someone. I don't carry a pen & paper on me 24-7. Chances are she may have gotten off okay, I never did call the cops. The guy that hit me was really apologetic & etc., I never doubted the guy for a second. Got his license plate too. :rolf

GHOSST
02-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Precisely, this Saturn hit me, but then the SUV hit the saturn, which in a chain reaction of events pushed the Saturn into me again.
Well shes dumb for fleeing, because it was the dude in front of her's fault to begin with... now she probably has to pay full price for repairs.. not to mention a nice fleeing the scene of an accident ticket.

6forwardgears
02-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Well shes dumb for fleeing, because it was the dude in front of her's fault to begin with... now she probably has to pay full price for repairs.. not to mention a nice fleeing the scene of an accident ticket.

Well, generally speaking anytime you rear end someone it's your fault.

97z2801ss
02-01-2008, 01:24 PM
why didnt you call on the clucker in the montero

GHOSST
02-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Well, generally speaking anytime you rear end someone it's your fault.

Yea..... but if she didn't run, maybe she could have talked her way out of it, but obviously shes not to bright..:alcoholic

67-400
02-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Strangley, I've heard that the person that INITIALLY caused the accident, in this case the Saturn, is the one liable for all vehicles. I've also heard that if you flee the scene, you automatically retain liability for the whole accident. BUT thats just what i've heard. Any cops on the board to concur?

A friend of mine years ago rearended an old couple's caddy in his like 94 Sunbird, he ended up stopping to see if they're okay and they said, eh don't worry bout it, no damage done. Well he thought, theres damage to HIS car, so he reported it being honest. The old folks left, but not before he got their plate # written down. The old couple had gotten charged for fleeing & was liable for the damages. :confused I don't know though, just as long as SOMEONE pays for my sh!t, i'm happy. Preferrably the woman w/a mid-life crisis that thought fleeing is the solution to her problem at hand. :chair::loser