PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going out in the snow???

WilliamZ
01-31-2008, 10:59 PM
I might head out for a bit.

Brandon W.
01-31-2008, 11:02 PM
i took the RC truck out today..AWD Nitro RC + snow= sliding around

Poncho
01-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Gettin' done with work @ 12:30. Snow drags goin' on?

WilliamZ
01-31-2008, 11:06 PM
It's perfect for it but I haven't seen a post about it

Poncho
01-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Might be a good time to wreck the heavy chevy.

LIZMO
01-31-2008, 11:23 PM
i worked in it... i deliver, and the roads still aren't plowed, it was fun till my car couldn't make it up a little hill on Capital.. ha.

torque.hit
01-31-2008, 11:27 PM
Rear tire width > front tire width on a '92 bonneville = horrible in the snow....

I almost lost it on 894 right in front of a semi, just changing lanes.

Poncho
01-31-2008, 11:28 PM
I bet it's not a fun night in a Grand Prix GXP tonight.

scaleracer
01-31-2008, 11:48 PM

that just sounds like fun! :headbang

Yooformula
01-31-2008, 11:52 PM
I wish I had something to drive in this shit. My beater is no match for this deep shit. Our driveway is measuring out 5" deep right now.

HY35F2T
01-31-2008, 11:54 PM
I wish I had something to drive in this shit. My beater is no match for this deep shit. Our driveway is measuring out 5" deep right now.

studded tires?

Brandon W.
01-31-2008, 11:58 PM
that just sounds like fun! :headbang

untill you strip a gear going through the snow..plastic gears FOR THE LOSS!!!

Flicktitty
02-01-2008, 12:03 AM

dumbshit you shoulda been doing that in the DSM.

zerepdivad
02-01-2008, 12:06 AM
ehh i was out with a friend driving like a jackass in my cracked out honda....

Cutlass Queen
02-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Roads sucked ass! Took me 2 hours to run 2 errands grrr.....

I need to get my lil gas powered RC truck to run again. All I need is a spur gear. lol

lordairgtar
02-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Glad I got home before it got real bad. Going to work in the morning is going to be a real joy.

Prince Valiant
02-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Just got home...good thing i've got the winterforce tires on the insight! WOW! super bad roads out there.

The whole time the car was rotating left-right-left-right at it's center axis. Short wheelbase and uber-light-wieght for the lose!

Still, passed most all cars out there though...only a couple 4wd's and semi's past me on the way home.

torque.hit
02-01-2008, 01:01 AM
Hour and a half to drive from mayfair to wind point/racine.

Junky Giorgio
02-01-2008, 01:43 AM
just took my evo out for a lil spin in the snow.
got some video but i can't upload em cuz the file size is
too big and I don't know how the faaaaaack to shrink it down.
any help is appreciated!

Flicktitty
02-01-2008, 01:46 AM
i thought you sold the Evo for hte BMW?

OxmanWI
02-01-2008, 03:30 AM
:fireI wish I never did!!! :fire

I got into a fender bender once and then couple miles later got into another one! Both not my fault, luckily the car still drives and both drivers have car insurance. First driver hit me from the back at 5-6 mph but messed up my taillight and the corner is caved in on my rear bumper. Second driver backed into me at Culvers drive though and smashed my front bumper, said he forgot that it was in reverse!! What a f**king tard! I have a 91 Mitsubishi Galant and it seems to be driving ok, warning lights came on for the battery and door ajar, but the battery seems to be juicing fine after 30 miles or so after the second hit. Checking every thing, seem to be out of alignment too but drivable. I need a new car....:(

Breecher_7
02-01-2008, 05:32 AM
Engine doesnt have enough miles on it to start beating on it yet... Hopefully we get some more deep snow this year...

michelle
02-01-2008, 08:14 AM
I left for work at 10 last night (didn't work until 11) and didn't get to work until 11:15. I was just out of Whitewater when my car started fishtailing again, I corrected it and was fine. Then it did it again and I freaked out and started crying. So I pulled over, called Adam and he didn't answer so I called my mom. I made her sit on the phone with me until I made it to work okay. I couldn't go over 25 otherwise I would lose control. I have good tires on too, the roads were horrible with ice underneath the inches of snow (they didn't plow) and the roads are all curvy and hilly.

I used to be so good in the snow, now I am the biggest baby. My mom told me to sell my car and buy something with 4wd.

6forwardgears
02-01-2008, 08:19 AM
I left for work at 10 last night (didn't work until 11) and didn't get to work until 11:15. I was just out of Whitewater when my car started fishtailing again, I corrected it and was fine. Then it did it again and I freaked out and started crying. So I pulled over, called Adam and he didn't answer so I called my mom. I made her sit on the phone with me until I made it to work okay. I couldn't go over 25 otherwise I would lose control. I have good tires on too, the roads were horrible with ice underneath the inches of snow (they didn't plow) and the roads are all curvy and hilly.

I used to be so good in the snow, now I am the biggest baby. My mom told me to sell my car and buy something with 4wd.

What kind of tires do you have? Have you checked the air pressure in them?

Slow Joe
02-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Last night we were out in the Saab, it did alright, next year I'm getting Kristie a set of Blizzaks though.... I didn't think the car would need em at first though having ESP and good All Season Tires...

I think when I get a driver this comming year I'm going with a Volvo S70 AWD... :thumbsup

For work today they told us to use our best judgement, but they shut down our Chicago region, and said that everyone in that area should stay in today... Personally I know that my HHR sucks in the snow so I can understand why. I think I'll probably stay in today since I'm sure that most dealerships have something more important to do other than moving cars around so I can take pictures...

Slow Joe
02-01-2008, 08:24 AM

Get a set of Blizzak WS-50s for Winter... I had 'em on my 01 Stang and my Tempo and both were like Tanks in the snow, you couldn't stop 'em... :D

michelle
02-01-2008, 08:24 AM
What kind of tires do you have? Have you checked the air pressure in them?

Goodyear TripleTreds and the pressures are just fine. I'll probably either start driving the '95 SHO or throw those snow tires on my car since I do more country driving then Adam does (he just drives into the city).

Cutlass Queen
02-01-2008, 08:33 AM
They haven't even came in to plow where I live at all! I know if I head out with the lil grand am it's gonna spell trouble so I'm keeping my happy ass home today.

Want_Notch
02-01-2008, 08:36 AM
They haven't even came in to plow where I live at all! I know if I head out with the lil grand am it's gonna spell trouble so I'm keeping my happy ass home today.

They plow the ghetto last.................LOL

CobraSnake
02-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Last night we were out in the Saab, it did alright, next year I'm getting Kristie a set of Blizzaks though.... I didn't think the car would need em at first though having ESP and good All Season Tires...

I think when I get a driver this comming year I'm going with a Volvo S70 AWD... :thumbsup

For work today they told us to use our best judgement, but they shut down our Chicago region, and said that everyone in that area should stay in today... Personally I know that my HHR sucks in the snow so I can understand why. I think I'll probably stay in today since I'm sure that most dealerships have something more important to do other than moving cars around so I can take pictures...
what do you work for like autotrader or something??

Slow Joe
02-01-2008, 09:22 AM
what do you work for like autotrader or something??

Autotrader.com... And taking pictures is only a small part of my duties... Luckily I still have work to do today even that I'm not taking pics... lol

BAD LS1
02-01-2008, 09:24 AM

Well its either driving too fast or the tires are shit for a FWD to get ass happy all by its self. If you say you were only going 25 im going to say get some real tires. Its a rental car... not some 500HP GT which i could see being a bag of shit in the white stuff.

CobraSnake
02-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Autotrader.com... And taking pictures is only a small part of my duties... Luckily I still have work to do today even that I'm not taking pics... lol

ah I see I was going to work for autoguide. My buddies aunt and uncle work for them and make good money. But, I don't know if I would want to travel all the time like they do. Although it would be a nice break from my crappy life so IDK. Hope your having fun with it though, thats all that matters.

Mark

Slow Joe
02-01-2008, 10:16 AM
ah I see I was going to work for autoguide. My buddies aunt and uncle work for them and make good money. But, I don't know if I would want to travel all the time like they do. Although it would be a nice break from my crappy life so IDK. Hope your having fun with it though, thats all that matters.

Mark

Yeah, I love my job... :thumbsup BTW Check your PM... :rolf

WilliamZ
02-01-2008, 10:21 AM
I would take these over any other brand of snow/ice tire.

http://www.nokiantyres.com/

Slow Joe
02-01-2008, 10:35 AM
I would take these over any other brand of snow/ice tire.

http://www.nokiantyres.com/

Hrmm those look nice... Maybe I'll get those next year instead of Blizzaks... :thumbsup

Want_Notch
02-01-2008, 10:53 AM
I have Nokians on my Expy...........they are the best tire I have ever had.

Junky Giorgio
02-01-2008, 11:29 AM
i thought you sold the Evo for hte BMW?

No I still have the evo, it just sits in the garage. Last night was the first time
i've started it in over 2 months lol. I eventually am going to sell it, just a matter of time. I'm done with the whole car payment thing since I'm back in school again.

Cutlass Queen
02-01-2008, 11:49 AM
They plow the ghetto last.................LOL

LMAO....Hi Mikey :D

Want_Notch
02-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi Deana