PDA

View Full Version : what control arms to get?

slow90z
01-31-2008, 01:02 AM
Im looking at ordering some upper and lower control arms real soon for my fox, mostly a strip car project, what would you guys recommend??? I was looking at the lakewood lift bars since I heard that lakewood bought southside machine which is what i wanted to get, but then I saw poly bushings in them, so i dont know? Any other good ones, or should I just throw any old box control arms on there i can get.

ponyride00
01-31-2008, 05:55 AM
I bought some cheap Granatelli(spelling)control arms and Im happy for what I use them for.

Stangman98
01-31-2008, 07:11 AM
D&D solid upper and lowers

DurtyKurty
01-31-2008, 07:25 AM
I have the lakewood lift bars. There not bad. And I had a complete set of ss lift bars. They're all ok, but I still think the stock control arms are my favorite. :)

885.0stang
01-31-2008, 04:53 PM
im getting granatelli double adjustable up and low.
GRN-GMCA7998WJ & GRN-GMCA7900U
also some torque box reinforcements when its all apart

HY35F2T
01-31-2008, 06:17 PM
I have the lakewood lift bars. There not bad. And I had a complete set of ss lift bars. They're all ok, but I still think the stock control arms are my favorite. :)

yeah 2nd that my buddy ahd them on his capri with weld in connectors could tell a diff car felt like it planted it instead of stupid wheel spin.

badass88gt
01-31-2008, 06:34 PM
What kind of power are you making? What kind of tire? I wouldnt waste money on any of the cheap crap like Granatelli if its anything with some power. If you are doing a strip car, get a good double adjustable upper and an adjustable lower. I recommend www.baselinesuspensions.com

You can go on Hardcore50.com to read up on his setups, his product and service are unbeatable.

HITMAN
01-31-2008, 11:21 PM
Look into Wolfe Race Craft (http://www.wolferacecraft.com/). If you don't want to spend the money or have something that hard core, the HP Mega-Bite Jr. LCAs have always been great for street-strip cars.

BOSS LX
01-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Wolfe, or Team Z.

slow90z
02-01-2008, 02:21 AM
What kind of power are you making? What kind of tire? I wouldnt waste money on any of the cheap crap like Granatelli if its anything with some power. If you are doing a strip car, get a good double adjustable upper and an adjustable lower. I recommend www.baselinesuspensions.com

You can go on Hardcore50.com to read up on his setups, his product and service are unbeatable.

Prolly in the 500 -550ish whp range on the bottle is what im shooting for with the combo i got right now. Going to run a 28x10.5
I just checked out that link you sent me, looks like some really nice stuff and actually pretty reasonable pricing too.

nitroxtreme
02-01-2008, 02:22 AM
TRZ Motorsports..

badass88gt
02-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Prolly in the 500 -550ish whp range on the bottle is what im shooting for with the combo i got right now. Going to run a 28x10.5
I just checked out that link you sent me, looks like some really nice stuff and actually pretty reasonable pricing too.

Kevin is one of the best. His service goes above and beyond. Team Z Motorsports is another excellent choice, what I like about those 2 is that the guys are active members of the websites alot of us visit and are there for tech help, the same can't be said for companies like UPR or Wolfe.