PDA

View Full Version : Finally bit the bullet

BAD LS1
09-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Well i hate to say ive this but ive given up the ghost on the 10bolt!! Which as we all know its drag racing days were numbered anyhow. It took every last ounce of diginity in me to do the unthinkable and pull out the GM card. After mulling over options and deciding whether or not im gonna build the 10 bolt with the saying in my mind "We can make him stronger". But whos to say the 10 Bolt is gonna survive the unthinkable which consists of a close to 400RWHP producing LS1 breathing down its throat and the 6 speed rattling its cage as well combined with frequent use of E/T streets with the occasional, ahem "spirited driving" which i think is enough to make it want to pack it in with less then desirable short order. So as it took every last ounce of manhood to for me to call on a new Moser 12 bolt packed with 4.30 gears to be taking it in the back side from the LS1 from now on. Its hard for me to do a "budget minded" build when i have to choke down 2200 dollars to rectify a factory inadaquecy. But im really going through withdrawl without being able to reach my goal of 11 sec A-B times with the current engine setup as of yet because of the 10 bolt going farpatshket on every attempt. After the tiring amount of mechanical trauma of orderd the Moser 12 bolt yesterday after noon which is scheduled to arrive early next week via truck freight. This is the most deliberating symptom of chronic high-performance intoxication ( others include drooling, fiscal insolvency, and an inablity to maintain a mutually gratifying relationship with someone other the my parts source of supply). Hopefully this is the silver bullet for my "differential dilema".

Tom B

Valcuda
09-12-2003, 02:03 PM
Sweet!!! good luck with the new diff.:devil

A B4C Z
09-12-2003, 02:55 PM
AWSOME....No more of this:S: and a little more of this:3gears:

Kyle:rockwoot:

Prince Valiant
09-12-2003, 02:55 PM
ya know tom...I was really pulling for a 9 inch in that thing :(

j/k...12 bolt is going to use less hp and should be fine into the 10's.

Now, if only we could convince Dennis to go that route and run some nice 12 inch slicks :devil

BAD LS1
09-12-2003, 03:24 PM
Hahahahahahah

some 12 inch slicks on dennis's car as it sits would be quite comical. The 10 bolt might be slightly pissed about that one.:thumbsup

Tom B

JohnnyT
09-12-2003, 03:31 PM
Nice!! :thumbsup Good to hear you are moving away from the Cavalier idea... Long live the 12 bolt! :3gears:

12secondGTP
09-12-2003, 10:50 PM
Good luck with the project Tom, looks like your still going for 11's this season:thumbsup

Brian98GTP
09-13-2003, 12:28 PM
Thats Badd Asss Tom !!

Its easy for US to tell you to get it, because it isnt OUR Money,...But you did the right thing !!

After all those 10 Bolt Kills under your belt, YOU NEED THIS! Dont regret buying it, and dont think you "Wasted" your money Dude!

I cant wait to see you in the car Racin' Again!
Good luck man!

Brian

Crawlin
09-14-2003, 06:14 PM
Let the GAMES begin!!!

Chris

cough cough 28's and spray cough cough

BAD LS1
09-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Well the beast of a rear end arrives tommorow at 1 PM if all goes well she should be up and perculating tommorow night as well.

Got my wide band o2 system installed in the car now too i really cant wait to try that out and get the car really dialed in and see how it goes!!!!

I feel like going out and doing some doughnuts like in that "get your roll on" Big Tymers video !!! im so fired up

Tom B

Crawlin
09-16-2003, 06:21 PM
tomorrow is rsd's isn't it? hint hint :)

A B4C Z
09-16-2003, 06:22 PM
If your going to do that make sure someone has a video camera in hand!!

GRNDNL
09-16-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by BADDLS1SS

Got my wide band o2 system installed in the car now too i really cant wait to try that out and get the car really dialed in and see how it goes!!!!

Tom B

What system?...Cost?.....Standalone?......

BAD LS1
09-17-2003, 08:56 AM
The system is a stand alone, the company that makes it is Innovate motorsports www.innovatemotorsports.com It cost 358$ with shipping and it uses a Bosch LMU Sensor and it comes with a serial port connector so you can graph it in Excell. Its a little smaller than Snap on scan tool. I havent ran the car yet with it but it uses 12 volt power from th eciggarette lighter to run the box and the o2 heater. I turned it on and warmed up the sensor and was reading like 21.9:1 without the engine runing :goof

Tom B

GRNDNL
09-17-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by BADDLS1SS
The system is a stand alone, the company that makes it is Innovate motorsports www.innovatemotorsports.com It cost 358$ with shipping and it uses a Bosch LMU Sensor and it comes with a serial port connector so you can graph it in Excell. Its a little smaller than Snap on scan tool. I havent ran the car yet with it but it uses 12 volt power from th eciggarette lighter to run the box and the o2 heater. I turned it on and warmed up the sensor and was reading like 21.9:1 without the engine runing :goof

Tom B

Very cool, let me know how it works. A friend just finished up his DYI wide band, picked up 4 tenths the first weekend in his mid 10sec, now low 10sec TR.

Where did you mount the sensor?

BAD LS1
09-17-2003, 01:53 PM
I mounted the sensor in the Y pipe right behind the driver side collector. Both of my cylinder banks run remarkebly equal becasue of the amount of time i took to dial it in that way so i figure its ok only reading off one bank of cylinders. It will be near more heat too being as close to the engine as i can get in the exhaust stream. Im curious to see where it is with the tune ive been using fora while based off rough narrow band o2 readings. I could pick up a ton of time yet too if it wat out of whack, im shooting fora 12.8 - 13.0 AFR from about 2800 up to red line or so with making it a little more fat a certain point of the curve like at the torque peak which will become obvious where that is if its too lean then and i will treated to some knock retard. Im also gonna try and get all the timing in before 3k if the physics of the engine operation will alow me to do so with out KR so i can boost low end torque.

Tom B