PDA

View Full Version : OfficeMax story

moels
01-28-2008, 09:32 PM
So I am looking in the OfficeMax ad from Sunday and I see a 19" LCD monitor on sale for $159. I think to myself, that is worth a drive to the next town on the possibility that they might have one in stock. ( Everytime I have gone there, they are out of the sale items. I don't think they even order the product at all, it's the whole bait n switch thing right? ) ANYWAY, I ask the teenager behind the inkfiller counter if he knew anything about the monitors. He says........."yeah". I ask if he has any of the 19" monitors that are on sale. He proceeds to look at the same shelving units I just perused for a few minutes and tells me he doesn't see any. Really?? I was so sure I missed a big f'n box, but I guess not Einstein! Well, to my surprise he turns and says he can order me one and it will ship to my house by Wed. ( 2 days ) for no shipping charge. WOW! I didn't expect that! Well, I have my order in and look forward to getting it Wed. It's an off brand, I was just wondering if anyone has or has had a SOYO brand monitor.

http://akimages.crossmediaservices.com/dyn_li/200.0.88.0/Retailers/OfficeMax/080127_01_4c01_img_1013491770.jpg

pw_cc_runner
01-28-2008, 09:35 PM
yeah I have friends who used to work there, they don't order anything... that place is really messed up. I don't even think about going there EVER.

nismodave
01-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Neuwave works at Office Max in Brown Deer. And he has been very helpfull to Coop, and myself.

xxtremeteam
01-28-2008, 10:05 PM
neuwave for anything at office max hes a pimp there see him next time worth the drive wayne

moels
01-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Neuwave works at Office Max in Brown Deer. And he has been very helpfull to Coop, and myself.

That's cool, I was only referring to the Grafton store that never seems to have the sale items. I drove over there knowing full well they wouldn't have the monitor, and came away somewhat satisfied that they at least ordered it for me with no shipping charges to my home. Now, I will just see if it comes Wednesday.

xxsn0blindxx
01-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Soyo isn't really an off brand they have made a name for themselves making motherboards, but they aren't mainstream like HP or Sony. I don't know a whole lot about their monitors, but their motherboards usually have a lot of features, perform really well and are cheap.

moels
01-28-2008, 10:53 PM
The Soyo monitor they had on display looked pretty good. Thanks for the info Joe.

wikked
01-29-2008, 09:48 AM
It's all about the contrast ratio!

Waver
01-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Yea, you should be getting that by today, the delivery center is usually good about that

05caddyext
01-29-2008, 03:01 PM
What is a good contrast ratio? I have a 19" LG widescreen that says 2000:1 is that good?