PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1987 Toyota 4Runner $1300.00

twicks69
01-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Hey guys,

I am getting rid of my 1987 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 2-door:
*****Has BRAND NEW Yokohama Geolander AT-S 31"x10.5"x15" Tires with less than 100 miles on them! I just spent $800.00 for them!
***5-Speed Manual Transmission with Manual Transfer Case
***Tranny shifts excellent -- clutch is working just fine
*200,000+ on the vehicle (Mileage around 204K).
*Primer Black, Grey Cloth interior
*Detatchable cap; Gen 1 4-runner
*Power rear liftgate window with carpeted bed
****Heat works great
****22RE 2.4L 4-banger engine -- still running strong
****Has the altimeter/pitch control gauge cluster
*New Distributor Cap and Rotor, Spark Plugs, Plug Wires, Belts, 2 year old front struts, and a Newer Water Pump.

Ok, it runs and drives just fine, but it isn't perfect by any means -- I have used it for the last 2 years as a Jobsite vehicle and have had a great time driving it; I am only selling it because I purchased a newer vehicle for a permanent driver.

It NEEDS a steering idler arm at the least == that is the most worn out part of the steering, and makes it a little loose to drive -- it isn't broken, just worn out. You can get these for around $25.00 or less on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-Up-FACTORY-TOYOTA-4X4-TRUCK-4-RUNNER-IFS-IDLER-ARM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33587QQihZ021QQitem Z310016895149QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The rear passenger sliding glass window on the truck cap is shattered, but being held together by a mat of black duck tape -- It has been like that for 2 years without problems. Here's an ebay auction for a replacement piece: ~25.00-35.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-89-4runner-sliding-glass-window-drivers-rear_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33684QQihZ002QQite mZ120175889977QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

It leaks from the rear main seal, transmission output shaft seal, and rear differential -- It is 20 years old...if you had 200K on your body, you would be leaking out of every orifice also.

The rear leaf springs are nearly inverted -- it is a very common thing on all 4Runners; 4500# with too small of a factory leafspring setup. They are easily upgradable and there are many sites that sell upgrades. Here's an auction for upgraded replacement leaf springs:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Superlift-4-Rear-Leaf-Spring-1979-89-4Runner-Pickup_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33585QQihZ007QQi temZ170165249174QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The vehicle has no stereo or speakers; the way it has been for as long as I have owned it.

The passenger door was hit in the past and was replaced with a manual window version; the replacement door isn't perfect. I am also INCLUDING a pair of extra doors with interior panels and windows with the sale. The passenger door window manual window lever isn't on the track, so I have just sealed it. I also have an extra pair of manual window levers included for the other doors.

The rear lift gate window switch isn't hooked up; I have been using an extra battery placed behind the drivers seat with wires going to the window itself to raise it up/down if necessary. Again, a switch is in the vehicle; but not wired up properly--another thing from before my ownership. Here's a replacement switch if necessary:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-91-4runner-rear-window-switch_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50459QQihZ001QQi temZ110217734253QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Interior is fair -- the drivers seat has wear marks/rips along the outer bolster, but is still extremely comfortable and has adjustable lumbar/upper bolster supports. The passenger and rear seats are just fine. The back seats fold down to increase storage area of the truck bed also.

The sliding windows on the drivers side of the cap work just fine.

The AC worked; it just isn't hooked up; the belt has been removed. The cruise control works just fine, along with the driver side power mirror.

Overall, it is a great working truck that can be used and abused without worries and is a genuine Toyota from the 80's. It was made to beat the shit out of and have fun. Fortunately for you, the 22RE just isn't powerful enough to get you into much trouble with the law unless you are offroading. It does up to around 72-75mph MAX -- it is around 4500# with a 4-banger. It is definitely a good vehicle if you have had speeding tickets in other vehicles; because you definitely won't get one in this unless you are speeding in a school zone.

I will post pics soon; it is just sitting at my office and can be seen by appointment. Please PM me for details.

$1300.00.

I also have a turbo manifold with a 14B and a downpipe/IC piping if interested.

Sleeper Sierra
01-28-2008, 10:41 PM
bump fo the perfect beater truck.

twicks69
02-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Heres the pictures Part 1 of 2:>

twicks69
02-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Heres the pictures Part 2 of 2:>

These pics show what the vehicle looks like as of 2/5/2008 BEFORE the snow hits.

It is an excellent runner with great 4-wheel drive and NEW tires with HOT heat. What more to love in a jobsite beater vehicle!

H8RADE
02-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Post this on www.pirate4x4.com and www.marlincrawler.com and www.ih8mud.com and you will have it sold in no time.
I will link your ad to my offroad forums.
Great SAS candidate.
:thumbsup

Please PM me an email address and I will help ya out.

twicks69
02-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Post this on www.pirate4x4.com and www.marlincrawler.com and www.ih8mud.com and you will have it sold in no time.

I have added it to all the forums above. THANKS!!!! :headbang

H8RADE
02-05-2008, 06:38 PM
I have added it to all the forums above. THANKS!!!! :headbang

I am adding a link on wi4x4.com