01-28-2008, 07:27 PM
he makes some great points.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ

BlackViper
01-28-2008, 07:56 PM
what year was that??? interesting though

05caddyext
01-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Interesting, but it will never happen. Reminds me of the videos and charts that Ross Perot set up when he was running for president. He was extremely smart and knew how to promote and force change. The truth is that most Americans don't really want change. They aren't willing to give up things to help everyone, which is what we all need to do. He states that we can't even educate all of our own children that we produce in our own country, yet we still drive around $100,000 cars and live in mansions. Why is that? Because those people also have a lot of kids, who have kids, who ultimately just keep running the country on their own. None of us is important alone, but together we are the strongest voice of them all. People don't realize how much power they have, they just think about themselves as 1 individual. Anyways enough of the deep thoughts, im going to go drive around in my gas guzzling car for no reason.

Al
01-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Only a very small number of people drive expensive cars. The majority of us buy used.

05caddyext
01-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Only a very small number of people drive expensive cars. The majority of us buy used.

My point exactly. Economics is based on this as well. Very few people control most of the $$ in this country. Economics 101.

Crawlin
01-29-2008, 03:34 PM
99% of the wealth is controlled by 1% of the population :)

i agree... people will always find it easier to complain than to take the 20-30 minutes it takes to vote their mind

Mr Twigbert
01-29-2008, 04:52 PM
/gulp

Very scary..

05caddyext
01-29-2008, 05:00 PM
i agree... people will always find it easier to complain than to take the 20-30 minutes it takes to vote their mind

I believe the truth is quite the contrary to that statement as well. I honestly believe that the reason that video, as well as thousands just like it, have no effect on people because they do not grasp it. They don't understand it at all. "We" assume that everyone has the same knowledge base as "us," when we know this is not true. Not long ago there was a study conducted across the U.S., more than half the people asked could not even identify the United States on a world map. "We" believe that people have common sense, "we" also believe that people are generally "smart." The fact is that most people don't vote because they have absolutely no clue about what is really going on at any given time. If you want to promote change, you need to promote it from the bottom, not the top. That is why I believe that Romney has an excellent chance of being the next president. He's a regular guy, sort of.

I heard a guy on a talk radio show say this today -- "I don't want the parties working together on issues... (dems and repubs,) afterall that is why there are 2 parties. They should not work together to resolve things. Whoever is in the majority should win. THAT is the "thinking" behind nothing ever getting done. Anyone who actually thinks that the next president will automatically have huge "changes" because they are the "new" president will be sadly mistaken. The war on terror will still be faught, the economy will not suddenly turn around, the health care issue will not miracously go away. And in 2012, we will be having these same discussions, God forbid another attack. When a change at the top occurs, we are vulnerable for a period of time because of all the "government b.s." that needs to happen. Blah blah. My brain hurts now.

05caddyext
01-29-2008, 05:05 PM
One more note. To back up what I have been saying. Evidence, you might say... This thread is several days old now. 79 views. 7 replies, 3 of which are mine. I understand this is a "car" forum, but there are plenty of topics that are not related to cars. There are only 7 replies because people don't care about a 9 minute long factual video. They know they aren't smart enough to comment about it so they instead go on and read about the "rich" guy who is having problems with a performance shop in Waukesha :wooo. Problem? It only goes to further my original point. People just don't care.