PDA

View Full Version : Big3 Perfomance???

BlackViper
01-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Having some work done by these guys and so far everything is going well. Has anyone else had work done or heard anything??

PureSound15
01-27-2008, 06:21 PM
GO back, and get your car tomorrow.

badass88gt
01-27-2008, 06:24 PM
LOL, do a search.

GRAMPS SS
01-27-2008, 06:26 PM
heard they were going out of biz.....

Breecher_7
01-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Cancel Check, Get car back.........

juicedimpss
01-27-2008, 06:34 PM
oh snap
another big3 thread

pickardracing
01-27-2008, 06:37 PM
GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE

:omg:

70challenger452
01-27-2008, 06:50 PM
take the car before they screw it up. I've seen their hack work. Go get it now. At least they fired forest.

Reverend Cooper
01-27-2008, 06:51 PM
thats the funniest question anyone has asked all week.

MoCkiN U
01-27-2008, 06:51 PM
X10000 get your Fn car out of there

Reverend Cooper
01-27-2008, 06:54 PM
well at least you can say you HAD a nice viper

BlackViper
01-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwww:confused:confused Did not expect that... Well the car is already done.....besides the tune:confused I am supposed to be getting the car back tomorrow or Tuesday. I will let you all know how it goes. Is there anyone out there that can tune the Viper? It is speed density.

GRAMPS SS
01-27-2008, 07:01 PM
he said it...the car is already done....poor guy......the question is ....is it done or DONE

rally_scort
01-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwww:confused:confused Did not expect that... Well the car is already done.....besides the tune:confused I am supposed to be getting the car back tomorrow or Tuesday. I will let you all know how it goes. Is there anyone out there that can tune the Viper? It is speed density.

im sure any of the area elementary students could help tune it better than Big 3 can :thumbsup

BlackViper
01-27-2008, 07:09 PM
looks like I won't be sleeping tonight!! Well I guess I can take a little solace in the fact that they have a brand new mechanic and it was just a bolt on....

GRAMPS SS
01-27-2008, 07:11 PM
looks like I won't be sleeping tonight!! Well I guess I can take a little solace in the fact that they have a brand new mechanic and it was just a bolt on....

cross threaded...no problem..we just won't tell him.....put it together and let him pick it up....:thumbsup

GTSLOW
01-27-2008, 07:13 PM
God I hope all turns out well. That place is :gay x10000000

rally_scort
01-27-2008, 07:14 PM

bolt-on, shmolt-on.....

the only thing that means, is it was alot quicker for them to get the car done quicker and beat the living shit out of it.You might have gotten off easy, due to the snowy roads, but id advise you to take a gander down the back road behind the shop.Last summer, id get a kick outta watching em "street tune" a car down that road while I was at work.Hopefully, your car wasnt backfiring and stalling out like the 05-06 mustang they were driving around with the hood off.

Reverend Cooper
01-27-2008, 07:21 PM
here you go viper. read this whole post, i believe this is the owner of the above mentioned mustang.
http://www.wistangs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5038&hl=big+3

Breecher_7
01-27-2008, 07:31 PM

Better take a trailor with ya! :alcoholic

rally_scort
01-27-2008, 07:32 PM
here you go viper. read this whole post, i believe this is the owner of the above mentioned mustang.
http://www.wistangs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5038&hl=big+3

this mustang was dark blue with a centrificle(sp?) blower on it.Looked to be non intercooled and bone stock appearing.That car was beat on for a solid hour or so up and down that road.Iirc, it still had the dealer sticker on it too.

Reverend Cooper
01-27-2008, 07:34 PM
ok prolly a diff. car

Smokey1226
01-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Go take your viper down to SP. Sound Performance. Tim or larry will take care of it and atleast then you know it will come back even better than when you dropped it off!

BlackViper
01-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Go take your viper down to SP. Sound Performance. Tim or larry will take care of it and atleast then you know it will come back even better than when you dropped it off!

Do they have a website? Or do you know their contact info?

BlackViper
01-27-2008, 08:01 PM
found it.....I thought they were in wisconsin

Smokey1226
01-27-2008, 08:17 PM
I can promise you they have done some of the sickest possible work your ever going to find. They are all very nice people and make a ton of one-off parts! So they are skilled.

Teufelhunden
01-27-2008, 08:21 PM
I would camp out by their shop with a video camera. Capturing their "tuning" procedure on video maybe useful to your lawyer. Good luck.

P.S. Get your car now!!

BOSS LX
01-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Wow!

Very scary stuff! A blower install is easy, but the tune is easy to F up!

awsomeears
01-27-2008, 09:45 PM
I don't think I know a bigger Duche bag then Forest !!!!!!!!!

God that kid is a Bs'er

Slow Joe
01-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Best of luck getting your car back without any damage...

I've heard nothing but bad things about Big 3....

UnderPSI
01-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Go take your viper down to SP. Sound Performance.

Worth the trip. Better that that someone beating the $hit out of your car in the middle of winter doing a "street tune"

MoCkiN U
01-27-2008, 10:19 PM
I have very credible sources that I cant say online cause it would greatly complicate their life but the owner of this shop has taken customers own cars home in the past and raced them after work hours.

NOT a credible shop!!

Flicktitty
01-27-2008, 10:53 PM

X100000000000 go there for your needs. i know they don't do ALOT of vipers but they do amazing work on everything else. or call up A-Spec Tuning www.a-spectuning.com there out of Schaumburg. They are a HUGE RX7 shop but the owner created his own Twin Turbo setup for his Viper.

BAD LS1
01-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Bwahahahahahha they fired forrest?

PureSound15
01-27-2008, 10:56 PM
I have very credible sources that I cant say online cause it would greatly complicate their life but the owner of this shop has taken customers own cars home in the past and raced them after work hours.

NOT a credible shop!!

I worked at big 3, and am not a fan of them at all. But I can't let things like this be said which simply aren't true.

The owner of big 3 is a 60 year old man, there's no way in hell thats true and I never heard or saw anything like that while I was there.

And no, Forrest quit. He's working at a dyno shop now somewhere in West Bend.

But again... not a fan of big 3, at all. Nor would I ever let anyone I knew or liked have anything done to their car there.

BAD LS1
01-27-2008, 10:59 PM

Whats the name of this place? im not aware of any place like that in WB...

sidewayzbimmer
01-27-2008, 11:01 PM
did a "fine" job on a certain 93 trans am.......others know the story

PureSound15
01-27-2008, 11:03 PM
West Bend Dyno Tuning LLC, I ran into him a while ago and that's the card he gave me. Doesn't have an address.

Flight_740
01-27-2008, 11:11 PM
PM MOPAR JIM ASAP!!!!

He knows his shit with vipers

nismodave
01-27-2008, 11:15 PM
I know SP could tune your car.

What does MoparJim say about where to have it tuned?

I know its scary hearing all these bad opinions about Big 3. Just get the car out before tuning. And if they have tuned it have it checked by a more reputibale(sp) shop.

pOrk
01-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Whats the name of this place? im not aware of any place like that in WB...

He used used tires mounted to trailer axles sitting on jack stands in his customer build garage in West Bend. The car hoist lifts faster on the left, WATCH OUT!

MoCkiN U
01-27-2008, 11:35 PM
I worked at big 3, and am not a fan of them at all. But I can't let things like this be said which simply aren't true.

The owner of big 3 is a 60 year old man, there's no way in hell thats true and I never heard or saw anything like that while I was there.

But again... not a fan of big 3, at all. Nor would I ever let anyone I knew or liked have anything done to their car there.

maybe a 60 year old man who owns it but this guy is or was married and has a really cute daughter around 2 years old (hispanic heritage) must be a son of the owner. Sorry, there are pictures of a really nice black vette at his home with him posing with it and detailed stories told to me before the source knew I was into cars and knew of the shop.

PureSound15
01-27-2008, 11:41 PM
maybe a 60 year old man who owns it but this guy is or was married and has a really cute daughter around 2 years old (hispanic heritage) must be a son of the owner. Sorry, there are pictures of a really nice black vette at his home with him posing with it and detailed stories told to me before the source knew I was into cars and knew of the shop.

That would be Tony, his son. The black vette belongs to the main investor to the company who, believe it or not, gives it to them to do whatever they want with.

I'm not protecting them, but they don't race customer's cars.

70 cutlass 442
01-27-2008, 11:48 PM
That would be Tony, his son. The black vette belongs to the main investor to the company who, believe it or not, gives it to them to do whatever they want with.

I may have to back you up on that, the one time i saw forest up at the races, he was there with the customer trying to teach him how to shift. I think forest is probably one of the biggest reasons big 3 has such a sh!tty rep

MoCkiN U
01-27-2008, 11:50 PM
well they said they beat the piss out of that one then. Its only a 2 seater car as we all know and this person went a long for a few rides in a black vette and the person was worried about the car as it was stated to be a customers I dont know more than that.

We all know how stories go.....something about 2 sides who knows.

This will go all night but I think we all proved that shop is trouble. A little bad rep is ok and can be explained. Hell, as anyone said anything good about them yet? LOL

No reason for me to keep this up. Point proven by all

MoCkiN U
01-27-2008, 11:52 PM
How many really good shops do we have in our area? Consider we would drive 70 miles one way or so to get our cars done right. How many do we really have?

I know Ford has C&M Performance and DynoTune MP

Poncho
01-28-2008, 01:23 AM
Whats the addy of this West Bend dyno tuning? I can just imagine it tied into one of the crappy car audio shops or the gay little tuner shop in hartford.

Heat Seeker WS6
01-28-2008, 01:57 AM

NOT a credible shop!!

However, I will say here and to anyone that I was taken to 140+ on 164 in a customer's black C6 Vette w/ forest at the wheel. I sure as hell wasnt expecting a ride like THAT and this was DURING work hours. I suppose thats when thier insurance covers death & dismemberment? Sorry Ryan, forest let that hammer drop more times than you know of then.

BlackViper
01-28-2008, 06:28 AM
I should have my car today or tomorrow so I will post in detail how everything turns out. I will most likely be taking it to another tuner before I really open it up. I can tell you from my limited experience that Forest and another unnamed person gave me a total line of shit which Tony at Big3 proved wrong when I originally went to back out. The case of one guy not reading what he signs and another trying to get back at his x-employer.........I was also quickly recruited to take my car to west bend to do the work......

GHOSST
01-28-2008, 07:47 AM
did a "fine" job on a certain 93 trans am.......others know the story Hahaha, yup, someone whos a great driver raced a nice camed/bolt-ons 97 Camaro Z28 on DR's that should have got spanked by that 383 stroked LT1... hahah...fun times...

BAD LS1
01-28-2008, 08:05 AM
let us not forget the nations fastest 13 sec L67 powered GP too that errupted from that joint muahahha

BlackViper
01-28-2008, 08:19 AM
What ever happened to Trans Am's car or the lt1 vette??? anyone know?

juicedimpss
01-28-2008, 08:31 AM
eh,there is nothing wrong with street tuning,i think it is actually more accurate than a stupid dyno.

GHOSST
01-28-2008, 08:32 AM

I would actually like to know myself about the Trans Am.. but I'm too lazy to dial a number... lol:thumbsup

Heat Seeker WS6
01-28-2008, 08:35 AM

He took it to Kilpatricks and they fixed most of the probs so even more $$ got put into it. I dont recall if he ever got that car tuned though- it still ran really rough.
Does he even have it still?

PureSound15
01-28-2008, 08:58 AM
[QUOTE=Heat Seeker WS6;326975]However, I will say here and to anyone that I was taken to 140+ on 164 in a customer's black C6 Vette w/ forest at the wheel. QUOTE]

That would be their "shop car" so to speak. A customer's car, yes, but he was an investor in the company as well and literally told them that they could do what they wanted with it.

Illegal? Sure. But it certainly pulled in business for them too, unfortunately.

BAD LS1
01-28-2008, 09:47 AM
eh,there is nothing wrong with street tuning,i think it is actually more accurate than a stupid dyno.

Yes however there is a sensible way of doing it lol, 140 mph beat runs are highly un-needed for this process:rolf

juicedimpss
01-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Yes however there is a sensible way of doing it lol, 140 mph beat runs are highly un-needed for this process:rolf

true enough.
:thumbsup

300pny
01-28-2008, 10:29 AM

LOL yea no salt flats around here!

79SS
01-28-2008, 10:46 AM
http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l268/bud8freak/?action=view&current=video_69_0.flv

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l268/bud8freak/?action=view&current=ViperDyno.flv

97z2801ss
01-28-2008, 10:49 AM
rumor has it that the 383 t/a was pissing coolant went it left. wasnt put together right the trans wasall messed up.... B=sidewayzbimmer knows the story better then I

GHOSST
01-28-2008, 12:31 PM
rumor has it that the 383 t/a was pissing coolant went it left. wasnt put together right the trans wasall messed up.... B=sidewayzbimmer knows the story better then I
Dammit I'll just call Paul geez....:)

GTSLOW
01-28-2008, 01:06 PM

Well :confused

HY35F2T
01-28-2008, 01:49 PM

You rang.:thumbsup

b3 is like 1 min away from me and during the summer i see all there lil projects trying to rip down 59 and side roads.Funny as shit when me and rally scort saw that stang thing sounded like it was trying to run on 87 octane.lol

SmokinRAM114
01-28-2008, 04:40 PM
im not sticking up for b3 but most them burnouts back there are from me and my other diesel truck buddys. are shop is next to thermtech. the ones over 100ft on the street are from us lol. there are a couple in the turnaround, those we didnt do

juicedimpss
01-28-2008, 04:51 PM
im not sticking up for b3 but most them burnouts back there are from me and my other diesel truck buddys. are shop is next to thermtech. the ones over 100ft on the street are from us lol. there are a couple in the turnaround, those we didnt do

thugz

BlackViper
01-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Well I got my Viper back today and......................not sure yet. Under the hood looks pretty good. I will post pics in a day or so. Some of the fit and finish isn't great (hose wraps and such) but not bad at all. The side sills were mounted over my trim on the runner but Tony said they would fix it when I had to final tune done. Everything else looks good and the rims are f***in sweet:banana1::banana1:

I didn't really like the fact they were driving it around in this weather considering he told me he would trailer it to and back from places but no apparent damage to the exterior.

The new exhaust and headers are still burning off the coating so it stinks. Should burn off soon I hope.

He has put the base SCT tune in the computer and told me things would be fine until I had the final tune done. I drove it today for about 10 to 15 miles and it runs good. It pulls very strong in the low rpms and no problems with driveability so far. No funny smells (except the headers) no popping or flat spots...... I was very hesitant to get on it because it hasn't been dyno tuned and his tuning numbers seem way too lean for me. I will def. have it dyno tuned before I spool up the charger. I pulled it in the garage and checked for leaks and none to be found. I let her sit for 10 minutes or so and then I fired it up again to let my wife hear the new exhaust. Smoke came pouring out of the exhaust and I shut it off. Grey smoke so I thinks it's a little rich..and I could smell the fuel. From my understanding I should be looking for 11.5 to 1 on the fuel at wot and he it telling me 13 to 1........with 8lbs of boost:confused:confused

I am going to call him about the smoke and let ya'll know

H8RADE
01-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Well I got my Viper back today and......................not sure yet. Under the hood looks pretty good. I will post pics in a day or so. Some of the fit and finish isn't great (hose wraps and such) but not bad at all. The side sills were mounted over my trim on the runner but Tony said they would fix it when I had to final tune done. Everything else looks good and the rims are f***in sweet:banana1::banana1:

I didn't really like the fact they were driving it around in this weather considering he told me he would trailer it to and back from places but no apparent damage to the exterior.

The new exhaust and headers are still burning off the coating so it stinks. Should burn off soon I hope.

He has put the base SCT tune in the computer and told me things would be fine until I had the final tune done. I drove it today for about 10 to 15 miles and it runs good. It pulls very strong in the low rpms and no problems with driveability so far. No funny smells (except the headers) no popping or flat spots...... I was very hesitant to get on it because it hasn't been dyno tuned and his tuning numbers seem way too lean for me. I will def. have it dyno tuned before I spool up the charger. I pulled it in the garage and checked for leaks and none to be found. I let her sit for 10 minutes or so and then I fired it up again to let my wife hear the new exhaust. Smoke came pouring out of the exhaust and I shut it off. Grey smoke so I thinks it's a little rich..and I could smell the fuel. From my understanding I should be looking for 11.5 to 1 on the fuel at wot and he it telling me 13 to 1........with 8lbs of boost:confused:confused

I am going to call him about the smoke and let ya'll know
Why post this here when you just started a whole new thread?
I smell fisherman...
OBTW...nice free advertising in your sig...
:rolleyes:

BlackViper
01-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Tried to get rid of the post here but don't have the ability to do so seeing that I am such a newbie.. Didn't think throwing my name out there was a big deal on a local thread but if it pisses people off I will delete.... I am hear to talk about cars after all

SmokinRAM114
01-28-2008, 06:17 PM
thugz

u no it we wearin are colerz:durr

scottie K
01-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I USED TO WORK THER ( USED TO!!!!!! LOL:wow:wow:wow:wow .... I HAVE SEEN ALOTA THINGS YOUR A BRAVE SOUL....

scottie K
01-28-2008, 06:21 PM
what did they charge you for?????? and what did they do? or supose to do?

BlackViper
01-28-2008, 06:27 PM
what did they charge you for?????? and what did they do? or supose to do?

2500 to install the paxton kit....paxton says 25hrs to install so I thought that was reasonable and that also included installing my headers and full exhaust which was at least a 4 hour job with the side sills on the viper

scottie K
01-28-2008, 06:38 PM
they said its a 25 hr job?

Poncho
01-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Don't mind Scott, he's a total asshole. Admins don't care though.

H8RADE
01-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Don't mind Scott, he's a total asshole. Admins don't care though.

kthanks

BlackViper
01-28-2008, 06:58 PM
they said its a 25 hr job?

I talked to a number of guys on my Viper Club of America forum and it seems the going rate is right about 25 hours. I know of 2 guys who did it in their garage and they said it took them around 30 hours each. I know the place I was originally considering would have been a bit more but they are 500 miles away. Tons of Viper experience...in fact Moparjim is taking his car to them for a tt, or so I hear

scottie K
01-28-2008, 07:01 PM
did you supplie all the parts?????

juicedimpss
01-28-2008, 07:05 PM

for 2500 im sure the parts are not included retard.

oneslowcamino
01-28-2008, 07:35 PM

Just wondering where's there a dyno shop in West Bend?

BlackViper
01-28-2008, 07:41 PM

I order the paxton and brought it to him and I ordered the exhaust through him....which I will be checking the headers tommorrow to make sure they are the right ones. 2k difference between stepped and non-stepped billy boat headers and ordered the stepped

UnderPSI
01-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Why did you go with a Paxton instead of a Procharger or Vortec? Just wondering.

Poncho
01-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Just wondering where's there a dyno shop in West Bend?

I wanna know this too.

BlackViper
01-28-2008, 08:59 PM

You don't hear too much about any other supercharger on the Viper forums......in fact the only other one I have ever heard talked about was a Roe twin screw. It seems that all the Viper guys have had great luck with the paxton. In the Viper Club of America I would say 1 in every 5 have a paxton installed....the rest are either stock or have a tt set-up.

95mustang302
01-28-2008, 10:19 PM

nowadays paxton basically = vortech. They are the same company now, just selling mildly different blowers...

Moparjim
01-29-2008, 02:33 PM
The Paxton has the most popular and in most opinions "best" kit out for Vipers right now. There's people making north of 900RWHP on stock motors with a pretty basic fairly affordable (for Vipers anyways) kit.