PDA

View Full Version : playstation 1 rumor i heard today...

rally_scort
01-26-2008, 12:11 AM
I heard through the grapevine that certain playstation 1 consoles are/were bringing good money.I guess some of the models had RCA outputs and are supposed to perform as well as $6000 professional cd players.I was told that serious audio enthusiasts are snatching em up like hotcakes.After I heard about it, i found 2 of em in my basement :stare.Anybody else hear of this, or know anybody local that might want to buy em?

88Nightmare
01-26-2008, 12:12 AM
I have an old school playstation, the first one that ever came out, but it doesnt have rca's on the back of it :(

I dont even know where you would take it... might wanna do some more research.

rally_scort
01-26-2008, 12:18 AM
I have an old school playstation, the first one that ever came out, but it doesnt have rca's on the back of it :(

I dont even know where you would take it... might wanna do some more research.

i tried all the major game stores, but the oldest consoles they take are ps2 and gamecube.I was looking on ebay a while ago and theres one listed for $500 buy it now.Maybe it something i should look into more :shades

88Nightmare
01-26-2008, 12:23 AM
ever try take 2 on 76th street by southridge? they had an original playstation there for sale. if they got one to sell they must be buyin them from people.

pickardracing
01-26-2008, 12:31 AM
I still use my slimline PS2 as my main DVD player. Have yet to find a standalone DVD rig that is as good as the PS2.

When PS3 comes into my pricerange (lol) I'll use that for Blu-Ray, since it seems Blu-Ray has all but won the format war.

sacstoy02gt
01-26-2008, 09:41 AM
hhmmmmm.....mine's got RCA out....

yup, SCPH-1001 model sitting right here.

6forwardgears
01-26-2008, 10:18 AM
:confused This sounds like a huge load of bullshit.

rally_scort
01-26-2008, 10:42 AM
:confused This sounds like a huge load of bullshit.

exactly what i thought at first but i read about 20 articles and i guess its somewhat true.Apparently it does rival the big high end models, but there are some drawbacks such as no LCD readout,kinda crappy playback,and a few other problems, but shit if i can sell this damn thing for at least $200, id say i made out pretty good :devil

wikked
01-26-2008, 10:55 AM
There are a bunch on eBay, even auctions that know this rumor... and their buy it now is $25-$50... I call bullshėt rumor just to inflate the price :]

<edit>
Also read the comments on the digg article:
http://digg.com/hardware/Playstation_1_is_an_audiophile_s_dream