PDA

View Full Version : Need help picking airline

flyin_blue_egg
01-25-2008, 03:33 PM
My fiance and I were just given a 4 day all-inclusive stay at an oceanside resort in the bahama's that needs to be used by Aug, and all we need to do is fly to Fort Lauderdale,Fl and get on a boat. I've never flown before so I was just wondering what some of your experiences were with airlines (good and bad) and which on you recomend.

thanks in advance,
Travis

lasttimearound
01-25-2008, 03:38 PM
midwest airlines

stowsea
01-25-2008, 03:39 PM
hey travis go to this website, my friend just went to florida and back for 150 bucks

www.allegiantair.com

PureSound15
01-25-2008, 03:50 PM
I fly a lot, and I'd much rather pay a bit more for Midwest than be cramped in coach on another flight.

Silver03SRT
01-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Midwest all the way.

GRAMPS SS
01-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Midwest Ftw

flyin_blue_egg
01-25-2008, 05:29 PM
ok second question.....do you reccomend that i use a site like orbitz, expidea etc.?

flyin_blue_egg
01-25-2008, 05:33 PM
hey travis go to this website, my friend just went to florida and back for 150 bucks

www.allegiantair.com

thanks for the help seansy...but that site only has flights on mondays and fridays...we were looking to leave on a thursday and return on a sunday...but we still need to wait for my fiance's friend to mail us the stuff, b/c i think the boat from Ft. Lauderdale only leaves on certian days/times, so the flights there and back are going to have to correspond with that...but thanks anyways

Flicktitty
01-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Mike always uses Midwest or Airtran? when he comes up here.... and he said he's never had a problem.

stowsea
01-25-2008, 05:42 PM
thanks for the help seansy...but that site only has flights on mondays and fridays...we were looking to leave on a thursday and return on a sunday...but we still need to wait for my fiance's friend to mail us the stuff, b/c i think the boat from Ft. Lauderdale only leaves on certian days/times, so the flights there and back are going to have to correspond with that...but thanks anyways

your welcome, where did you get it from? engagement present or something?

flyin_blue_egg
01-25-2008, 05:50 PM
your welcome, where did you get it from? engagement present or something?

well sort of....
one of her friends entered a drawing for it when she was in FL awhile ago, not thinking she was gonna win. well she got a call bout 2 weeks ago saying she had won the trip. problem is she lives in oregon (state) and the round trip tickets for just her would be $800+ (the trips for 2) so she decided that she'd use that money to go see her brother that lives in Costa Rica. and since the trip doesn't have to be used until aug. 23, were gonna use it as our honeymoon (we get married on the 9th) that we thought we weren't gona be able to have

Rocket Power
01-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Midwest all the way but make sure you don't take the saver service our what ever their low line is, then it'll just be like any other coach, not the sweet 2 across seats. Going to Orlando we had one of each last march

flyin_blue_egg
01-25-2008, 05:57 PM
^^^so should i fly coach or 1st class.....cuz i don't think i can afford 1st class

badass88gt
01-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Coach on Midwest has wider seats than all the other airline's coach seats. Whatever you do, DO NOT fly United, unless you like delays and getting jerked around bad. Happened to myself and family 4 different times.

flyin_blue_egg
01-25-2008, 07:06 PM
by the sounds of it ...im gonna take united....you guys should all be sales men for them lol

Yooformula
01-25-2008, 07:25 PM
umm, everyone said Midwest but you ended up on United......in fact not one person recommended united..lol did you even read their responses?

Silver03SRT
01-25-2008, 07:46 PM
United sucks ass dude. I'm sorry to say. My flight got delayed from new york to chicago and i missed my connecting flight back to milwaukee. They wouldnt refund any money or pay for my rental car. They offered to fly me out the next morning but I would have to pay for a hotel with my own money. I wrote the company an email and they never responded. I will never fly them again. I hear a lot of horror stories. I know a pilot for united and he even told me if i want to arrive on time dont take united. just some food for thought. and the answer your other question yes priceline or orbitz is a good bargain.

badass88gt
01-25-2008, 07:58 PM
by the sounds of it ...im gonna take united....you guys should all be sales men for them lol

I really hope you are kidding. It will be the worst experience of your life.

stowsea
01-25-2008, 08:42 PM
haha i think he meant midwest

lordairgtar
01-26-2008, 12:45 AM
well sort of....
one of her friends entered a drawing for it when she was in FL awhile ago, not thinking she was gonna win. well she got a call bout 2 weeks ago saying she had won the trip. problem is she lives in oregon (state) and the round trip tickets for just her would be $800+ (the trips for 2) so she decided that she'd use that money to go see her brother that lives in Costa Rica. and since the trip doesn't have to be used until aug. 23, were gonna use it as our honeymoon (we get married on the 9th) that we thought we weren't gona be able to have
Everyone wins those, it's a marketing ploy to get you to by time share or property. You will have to listen to a spiel when you get there.

88Nightmare
01-26-2008, 12:49 AM
midwest. my mother used to work for them so we flew all over the place for free. It was sweet when they served free meals but those days are long gone. Even for like 10 bucks the meal is pretty good. Probably not worth 10 bucks but meh.

flyin_blue_egg
01-27-2008, 04:18 PM
haha i think he meant midwest

right you are....sorry i ment to say midwest.....don't know why i said united

BoosTT
01-27-2008, 04:25 PM
midwest is the only way to go. ALL of our sales people only fly midwest now. Too bad they are being taken over by airtran.

Remember to bring gum to prevent your ears from poping.

Karps TA
01-27-2008, 04:56 PM
For the record every airline sucks, some just suck less then others. View it as different levels of hell. Between the cost cutting and the govt protecting us, they've made air travel about as miserable an experience as possible. Even Midwest is switching their whole fleet over to 2 and 3 seating. With only the first 3 rows like it used to be.

Remember a few things though. If taking a carry on make sure you look up the rules for liquids, no bigger then 3oz, and make sure they are in a 1 quart baggie. Make sure you have shoes on that you can take off easily when going thru security. Don't have nail clippers, lighters, pocket knives, .45 handguns or C4 on you. The people who aren't ready for security are asked to be taken aside and stoned. Well in my imagination they should be.

USMARINE1108
01-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Everyone wins those, it's a marketing ploy to get you to by time share or property. You will have to listen to a spiel when you get there.

Word. I started a thread on this about a year ago. I filled out a card at a resteraunt for a trip. My g/f filled one out, and I filled one out in my dog's name too. A few weeks later we all got phone calls saying we all "won". Funny thing was, the guy called me, went through his spiel, and called the same phone # 10 seconds later looking for Maybelle, my dog. About a half hour later my g/f got a call from the same guy saying she "won" too. I figured what the hell, I called the # to find out more info on the trip and it turns out you have to pay for porting fee's, docking fee's, costoms fees, all sorts of crap. Turned out it was going to be about $500 for the 2 of us for our "free trip". I did a little googling and found out I could get the trip much cheaper from a reputable travel agent.

As far as the airlines go, they're all trying to keep their heads above water. Delays and stuff like that comes from the airport, and most of the time it's out of the airline's control. I fly commercial quite a bit and have had good/bad experiences with all of them. If flying overseas, Continental 777's have the best entertainment systems and food by far! Much better then a C-130 all the way to the sandbox.

300pny
01-28-2008, 08:08 AM
Next time try a travel site instead of BCM. Not sure what you would be expecting on here. itn.net, expedia or somthing will give you more accuracy on price ect. Not much "Midwest FTW" is going to do for ya except tell ya one dude or dudette you don't know likes cookies.

badass88gt
01-28-2008, 03:17 PM
What a stupid reply. Read the first post, he asked for EXPERIENCES, not prices. If a dozen of us all have had good experiences with Midwest, or if 6 of us had shit luck on United, it will tell him who to fly. Its worth a little more money to fly with a better airline than save a few bucks and have nothing but headaches. I wasnt aware you could ask other people their opinions on sites like Expedia.

u_say_go
01-28-2008, 05:23 PM
his free trip is gonna be so expensive! :rolf airfare, spending money, timeshare purchase!! live and learn

flyin_blue_egg
01-28-2008, 09:18 PM
What a stupid reply. Read the first post, he asked for EXPERIENCES, not prices. If a dozen of us all have had good experiences with Midwest, or if 6 of us had shit luck on United, it will tell him who to fly. Its worth a little more money to fly with a better airline than save a few bucks and have nothing but headaches. I wasnt aware you could ask other people their opinions on sites like Expedia.

neither was i....not to mention i put it on here b/c i come on here everyday atleast once....i'd forget to check something like that on expedia

300pny
01-29-2008, 09:20 AM

LOL yea looks like that panned out since he is on united. You can look at opinions on travel websites. Was simply suggesting looking at other resources that would make more sense. If suggestions are stupid I guess you just rang yourself up on that one.

flyin_blue_egg
01-29-2008, 12:52 PM
^^^i'm not gonna fly united...if you'd read the whole damn thread before making a fvcking post you'd see that i already said i didn't mean to say united dumbass

refer to post #22 incase you can't find it

badass88gt
01-29-2008, 02:54 PM
LOL yea looks like that panned out since he is on united. You can look at opinions on travel websites. Was simply suggesting looking at other resources that would make more sense. If suggestions are stupid I guess you just rang yourself up on that one.

LOL, yeah, you sure are right. Reading comprehension is your friend. United??? He said he's flying Midwest.

300pny
02-01-2008, 03:18 PM
^^^i'm not gonna fly united...if you'd read the whole damn thread before making a fvcking post you'd see that i already said i didn't mean to say united dumbass

refer to post #22 incase you can't find it

Yea your flying Midwest? Who cares what airline you fly? "united dumbasses"? is that your personal cult?

badass88gt
02-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Everyone that replied to this thread with a suggestions cares what he flies. You should just go away before you make yourself look any worse.

300pny
02-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Everyone that replied to this thread with a suggestions cares what he flies. You should just go away before you make yourself look any worse.

How I look on a website is a huge concern of mine LOL. Yea I am sure a bunch of stragers truely care what ailrine he flies. I guess some beleive everything they read.

badass88gt
02-01-2008, 03:35 PM
LOL, you just keep on truckin.

Does it excite you to post crap on here or something? If you dont care or want to help the guy out, then go away. I bet you cant do it though. You'll reply, cuz you have to.

300pny
02-01-2008, 03:47 PM
LOL, you just keep on truckin.

Does it excite you to post crap on here or something? If you dont care or want to help the guy out, then go away. I bet you cant do it though. You'll reply, cuz you have to.

Mr Trucker,

No but it must excite you. IF yu have not noticed your doing exactly what you are whinning about.

I did attempt to help him initially. Take 2 min and try and read. Talk about a post that makes no sense look at your own.

badass88gt
02-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Yeah, you were incredibly helpful. I noticed that part where you shared your travel experience, just like he asked. Its a good thing you told him to go somewhere else and ask instead of a car site where he knows people and trusts their opinions. Good thing I took that 2 minutes to read your post. We sure are lucky to have you here.

You'll notice his original question:

I was just wondering what some of your experiences were with airlines (good and bad) and which on you recomend.

And your helpful reply:

Next time try a travel site instead of BCM. Not sure what you would be expecting on here. itn.net, expedia or somthing will give you more accuracy on price ect.

He was expecting others to share their experiences, pretty simple. He never asked about price.