PDA

View Full Version : SRT Viper street tire record - 9.8@156

The_Greg
01-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Full weight IRS TT SRT-10 Viper coupe on 20" STREET TIRES! (Nivo's i believe, so theyre not even DR's.)

This was from a while ago, so sorry if you've seen it before.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b312/The_Greg9/th_UR-StreetTireWorldRecord.jpg (http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b312/The_Greg9/?action=view&current=UR-StreetTireWorldRecord.flv)

Flicktitty
01-25-2008, 10:00 AM
very cool car, i could have sworn i read that car ended up going a little faster

The_Greg
01-25-2008, 10:30 AM
it might have, that video was from a while ago when the car just got done.

70challenger452
01-26-2008, 01:20 AM
those are definatly street tires, you can hear em while he's goin down the track, very sweet ride indeed

Moparjim
01-26-2008, 06:42 AM
I was just talking to Kevin at Underground yesterday, and he told me they bought that car from Dr. Roof recently. If everything works out in the next few weeks to a month they are going to rent a track down there for when my car is done, and he mentioned he was going to bring and run that car as well and shave some time off that record. He thinks low 9s or even 8s are possible I guess that 9.8 was on mediumish boost levels and not pushing the car all that hard... 8's on street tires would be ridiculous!

The_Greg
01-27-2008, 07:47 AM
I was just talking to Kevin at Underground yesterday, and he told me they bought that car from Dr. Roof recently. If everything works out in the next few weeks to a month they are going to rent a track down there for when my car is done, and he mentioned he was going to bring and run that car as well and shave some time off that record. He thinks low 9s or even 8s are possible I guess that 9.8 was on mediumish boost levels and not pushing the car all that hard... 8's on street tires would be ridiculous!

That is SO CRAZY!!! Those guys at UGR definately are at the forefront of viper power. Its too bad nobody else is stepping up for competition really. Dr. Roof was either selling his red 7 sec GTS or this SRT-10... its cool that UGR bought it.

OxmanWI
01-30-2008, 01:35 AM
Wow that's a fast Viper!!!

Moparjim
01-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Wow that's a fast Viper!!!

They have gone 7.90's at 185+ MPH with some of their TT cars and slicks. Full weight and interior cars, with "stock" driveline configuration of factory block and heads, 6 speed and IRS...