PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 - Disk unreadable

Flicktitty
01-24-2008, 04:04 PM
One of my buddies X-Box 360 has been acting up for the last month and a half or so. It plays the games fine then little things start to glitch (track on forza2 go away) see thru cars screen starts to black out etc... Then after about 45min or so of play it pops up saying "Disk is unreadable" His system is almost 2 years old now. and he didn't get a warrenty so what should he do? Is there someone local that fixes them? or is there a fix he/we can do to fix it? any insight thanks.

Yooformula
01-24-2008, 06:18 PM
check the disc. mine did the same thing and it was a burn in the disc. The box should be level, mine was propped up and I believe caused the burn.

Flicktitty
01-24-2008, 07:21 PM
check the disc. mine did the same thing and it was a burn in the disc. The box should be level, mine was propped up and I believe caused the burn.

it does it with most game even new ones.

HY35F2T
01-24-2008, 09:42 PM
call bill gates.

naw i think theres a help line you can call i had to call that when my xobox had the ring of death but then sent it in for free to get fixxed.:thumbsup

lilws6
01-25-2008, 11:59 AM
it sounds like what happened to my buddies x-box before he got the ring of death. if the ring of death does happen then you get it fixed for free. or it could be what happened to my gf's brothers xbox and the disk drive is trashed. he just bought a new one.

Want_Notch
01-25-2008, 12:41 PM
This happened to my brothers. He called MS and it is a free fix. Took about 4 weeks.

Karps TA
01-28-2008, 07:12 PM
I get this also only on my Forza 2 disc. Other games I've never had an issue.

Pisses me off cause it keeps happening during endurance races. I've redone the R2 race like 3 times now and still get that freeze up.