PDA

View Full Version : Air ride suspension help

hotshift13
01-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Ok, I have a 98 chevy 1500 ex cab shortbox, with a 4-6in static drop and a set of rally wheels with 265- 65- 15 in the rear. The problem I'm havin' is the ass-end rides like shit. I used a flip with the stock springs and a c- notch and drop shocks. I've blown two set of rear shocks and a set of air shocks that sucked ass the moment I put them on:flipoff2: So I'm lookin' for a set of bags for the back of a lowered truck like mine. Anyone got anybody have any ideas (Pork!!!)?

Here is how it sits with like 300lbs in the back, I'm sittin':crying on bump stops

Thanks in advance

pOrk
01-20-2008, 10:19 PM
holy crap that body is clean, who's is that? I WANT IT

I think the reason its riding like shit is cause its more or less sitting solid. You could fix that from by putting a notch over the axle if you haven't done so yet and def remove the bump stops and the bump stop bracket.

As far as bags, getting a cheap kit isn't really cheap. What you could do is run a pair of bags similar to an air shock set up to save some money, but they only way to adjust it like that would be via a schreader valve.

I have a set of bags I'll sell for 65 each, they are new and thats my price on them they usually sell for 75 each online. Slam RE-7's

Otherwise you can get some cheapo airlift bags for 55 bucks, and weld-on brackets shouldn't cost more then 60 -70 bucks. Bolt on's are a bit more expensive, but some people don't have access to a welder so they are willing to pay double.

hotshift13
01-21-2008, 03:48 PM
The Body is a 29' model A , It's my friends, he's building a hotrod out of it, and no he dosn't want to let it go..............yet, he may loose interest!

I already did a c-notch and I shaved down the new bumpstops.

I'm Interested in doing a rear bag set-up, but cost is an issue.

Id like to do a small on board compressor to air them up and down when I do need them.