PDA

View Full Version : One last try

Arigmaster
01-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Well, I'm gonna take one last stab at building a car and I hope the third will be the charm...

It seems that every time I build one, other things in life just turn for the worse and it ends up being the first thing to go. Hey, it's just a car right?

Well, I found my next sorry P.O.S. and will be starting on it this coming spring. I am doing some trading because money is tight right now but have struck a bargain with the owner of this little beauty. I plan to pick it up in the first week of March.

Now it's not a Mopar this time around, and my first one was a Chevy. Well, This time I'm gonna do a Ford. I located this baby down in Decatur, IL. and it's been sitting for roughly 12 years now according to the owner. It has the average rust but the tub and under carriage is solid as a rock. The key is that the car is complete...Everything is there!

So, here I go again... Another 4 year project? Perhaps a promise kept to a very special someone in the end... I can only hope.

The car is a 1970 Ford Torino GT 429 SCJ. It is numbers matching with the exception of the transmission and rear axle. (both have been replaced at some point) The car is original white with a black interior and has factory air. (did I mention it was complete?)

Anyway, The only conversions I am planning is a rear spoiler similar to the Cougar XR-7 and a front spoiler from the Mustang Mach 1. It already has the shaker hood and hidden head lights. Who knows... I may get more creative as I go. (that's what happened with the Charger anyway) And yes, The car will be all black when I'm done.

AL

GHOSST
01-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Take some pics!!!!!! Sounds sweet!! Goodluck, I'm sure some fellow BCM'ers will push you along if you need it, lol:thumbsup

BadAzzGTA89
01-20-2008, 02:01 PM
What are your plans as far as just a good resto or building it for the track??
oh and:pics

Reverend Cooper
01-20-2008, 03:13 PM
omg,dood i swear to you i love those cars, and its really what myself and father have been looking into getting to bring back to life. pictures please

hotshift13
01-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Yes pics please, My friend has one in our shop and it's pretty kick ass

Here is a photo of it to get you motivated, good luck and godspeed!!

lasttimearound
01-20-2008, 04:32 PM
not to thread jack, hotshift, you got pics of your datsun? i need some pics for motivation too

hotshift13
01-20-2008, 04:52 PM
No Problem Lastimearound it"s Different now than in this pic but.............:D

Arigmaster
01-21-2008, 07:47 AM
I'll try to get some pics for you either next time I go down there or when I pick it up. I had no camera with me the first time. It's not much to look at now beut then again...Neither was the Charger when I got it.

HRSEPLA
01-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Good luck with the new project! Hope this one works!
Maybe its the curse of that big mummy thing on your wing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol:)

nismodave
01-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Wow, those are great cars. Good luck with the build.

If sometime you need someone to drink beer and watch you work on it, let me know.:D

Arigmaster
01-21-2008, 02:21 PM
You guys kill me!! (Just planning a resto with some small mods) I'm gonna have to figure out a new graphic for that one and retire the Pharoh design. The guy who bought the Charger wanted to use it for advertising his shop too... I'm still waiting to get my dang plates back from him.

hotshift13
01-21-2008, 02:26 PM
We end to do a fair amount of drinkin' there, we are still setting up shop so to speek! But we are down there a decent amount. In fact Im going down tonight to put in my new seats.:banana