PDA

View Full Version : Car Dealership Guys (Dodge)

Smokey1226
01-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Im looking for some info, my soon to be cousin just took his Neon in for some work and while he was there seen a newer srt4 on the lot. Wilde Dodge to be exact. He isnt looking to buy just wanted to check it out. We'll while he was waiting for the service tech to do his thing, one of the salespersons came out to talk to him.

After about 5 minutes they went inside just to "crunch some numbers". Well after telling my cousin that they are in some kind of Allocation Sale Competition (or something like that) and the really wanted to push these cars out.

Always seems to good to be true but they offered him DOUBLE what his car trade in value is and came down a couple grand on the sticker of the car. WTF? He is kicking himself for not doing it but he has to buy a Wedding ring real soon so he couldnt.

But im looking at picking up a Dodge Pickup real soon and kinda wondering if its worth the trip up there, if they are going to offer me even a grand over my trade in value and a deal on the truck i'd do it today????

CobraSnake
01-18-2008, 11:24 PM
just go in there and tell them exactly what you just wrote down. But, be willing to walk away if they tell you your nuts. It will work don't worry. I used to work at Wilde Toyota.

Mark

lasttimearound
01-19-2008, 12:04 AM
shop around bro. my girls dad just bought a 2007 big horn for 21gs

Flight_740
01-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Nothing matters besides trade differance number.

Also my guess is the sales person said this:

"would you be willing to do the deal IF i can give you x amount for your car and take x amount off of ours?"

Key word if.

Smokey1226
01-19-2008, 01:00 AM
shop around bro. my girls dad just bought a 2007 big horn for 21gs

thats basically what im looking for. I found (2) 07's with under 100 miles...one had 27 and the other had 78. Both were around 25k. Which if i could get it for 23k with under 100 miles and warranty. Might not be a bad way to go? But of course i want to spend as little as i could and started looking at they want 18-20k for 05/06's so for an extra grand or 2 i can have a 07 with basically no miles.

I wish i had millions of dollars and wouldnt have to worry about it.

CobraSnake
01-19-2008, 01:20 AM
thats basically what im looking for. I found (2) 07's with under 100 miles...one had 27 and the other had 78. Both were around 25k. Which if i could get it for 23k with under 100 miles and warranty. Might not be a bad way to go? But of course i want to spend as little as i could and started looking at they want 18-20k for 05/06's so for an extra grand or 2 i can have a 07 with basically no miles.

I wish i had millions of dollars and wouldnt have to worry about it.
yeah don't we all

Crawlin
01-19-2008, 08:39 AM
bottom line, like Flight said, the trade difference is all that matters.

case in point... push pull or drag sales. The money's gotta come from somewhere.
It's not like they are gonna give you $3700 for a $100 car. That's why those sales aren't applicable on internet pricing. Hell I could give you that same number WITHOUT a trade in. But the public just eats it up :)

And any "allocation reduction sale" line is a bunch of crap. When I actually was a salesman, first question I'd ask, "are you here for the sale?". Then of course came, "well what sale?" Then just some line of BS, but by then their emotions are already higher. Selling a car is just catering to someone's emotions on what they like. And yes, I sold more cars out of service then I did normal walk-ins. "Well why invest $500/month on repairs and maintenance of this 100k mile car when you can get into a brand new car for $250/month. Doesn't that make financial sense?"

Just remember, get specfics on the numbers. A line by line breakdown. Because I could tell you I could get you $3000 off of sticker on a new Tahoe. Well if the rebates are $3000, I didn't lose any money if you aren't paying attention to that, haha.

loud91rs
01-19-2008, 08:51 AM
The minimum trade in at the dealership I bought my jeep at was like $4500. When they saw my car they gave me the option to keep it or give it to them. (91 Plymouth Acclaim) He said it was worth a dollar to him. Like Chris said, the trade thing is to get you in the door and for suckers who think they are getting a great deal.

Smokey1226
01-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Crawlin great point. I'm in sales as well (Real Estate) so its not quite like that when your talking big money. So i really appresiate you helping me out.

And Loud91RS, looks like you made out pretty well with the trade in number!

I really want to get rid of my car and buy a private party truck but dont want to be stuck with both. So i was thinking about going to carmax and getting whatever i can for it and be done with it.

Crawlin
01-19-2008, 02:25 PM
amazingly, a salesperson at our Ford store, got appraisal on his Chevy Silverado. They said(his own boss) w/ the 100k miles on it, it was worth $1500 on trade. He took it to Carmax, and they offered to BUY IT(not even trade in) at $4000. He said hell yeah, took the money and had a big downpayment on his new truck instead of that initial small trade in. It's always worth a shot.

Crawlin
01-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Carmax does their own "in house" financing. Stuff like the JD Byrider and Amato stuff. So if you have a decent mileage car(under 100k miles) and it's semi clean, they'll keep it and put it on the lot for someone that needs a cheap car payment and can't get financing anywhere else. So now they might be willing to step up on the amount they give you for it, because even though it's still only worth says $5000 RETAIL price, they'll sell it at like $8000, hahaha. That's what JD Byrider does.

Smokey1226
01-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Ya its a 02 Stang V6 (ya i know but i paid cash WOOT WOOT when i was 16 for it) andits got 66k miles. Trade in is $6500 and anything over that i would be happy. But now ive been talked into a 03-05 Cummins because of how well they hold their value compared to the 1500 ram's.

lasttimearound
01-19-2008, 10:33 PM
cummins is the way to go, they hold their value like crazy, and react well to mods

Smokey1226
01-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Ive been watching the Cummins prices and i've found a couple 05's around $26k with under 30k miles (which on a cummins is nothing) and full extended warranty! That would be perfect! But im going to wait another month or two and see if anymore pop up for sale.

lasttimearound
01-20-2008, 12:03 PM
yeah, im going to be trading in my 02 for an 08 cummins

Smokey1226
01-20-2008, 02:02 PM
BALLIN! lol 08 is quite a bit more money that i would like to spend but a 04/05 should be more than perfect for me. What do the 06's go for?