PDA

View Full Version : Know of any Bars with Pinball Machines?

BoosTT
01-18-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm a huge fan of pinball... actually currently own several arcade games in my apt. Anyway, what bars have good pinball machines in them? The name of the game too would be great!! Thanks

stowsea
01-18-2008, 02:15 PM
wtf??????

Karps TA
01-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Chuck E Cheese?

Car Guy
01-18-2008, 03:01 PM
This thread topic = BoosTT FTW...!!! :headbang

This is one of those questions that I've wanted to ask but never do because people always look at you like :durr . I was a pinball wizard back when I had ten hours of time to stand in front of a machine and spend $40 to get the highest score possible :rolleyes: . I still love pinball anyway I can find it and whenever I get a chance to play one I do.....

One thing that I've noticed is that the video arcade 'scene' is almost NON-existent, if not completely. I was born into the beginnings of the video game era and remember many arcades around the area. Two that come to mine are Aladdin's on 76th & Coldspring and one at Southridge; Time Out I believe it was called. I know there are many more but can't recall their names.....

One thing that I've wanted to do for some time is drive down to Gameworks in Chicago (or somewhere similar) and go video game crazy like 'back in the day'. Now that I think about it with the cold coming that's definitely something to do indoors.....:devil

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

Korndogg
01-18-2008, 03:09 PM
One thing that I've wanted to do for some time is drive down to Gameworks in Chicago (or somewhere similar) and go video game crazy like 'back in the day'. Now that I think about it with the cold coming that's definitely something to do indoors.....:devil

When I went to denver 10 years ago there was a HUGE arcade there. I don't remember the name of it but it was the name of two guys. It had THREE FLOORS of games. You used a card that you put credits on instead of using coins. It was great.

BoosTT
01-18-2008, 03:16 PM
I know of most of the local places already. Fun world on blue mound in waukesha is ok. Mine shaft is hartford is great but $$$. Adlans cassle on 76th and coldspring is ok. Action terrtory in Konesha is GREAT! Bars would be: brat stop, Smiths refuge, hmmm... theres a lot more, just cant think of them right now.

This saturday at state fair superauctions.com is holding a pinball machine auction. I'm not going this time tho, I cant afford a new game right now.

Car Guy
01-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Haven't been to Fun World or Action Territory in some time, the Mineshaft is OK but they have too many ticket/prize games (don't care if I win a prize or not), I believe Aladdin's Castle is all closed up, and I've never really kept track of pinball machines in bars....

My brother (ears) and I went to the State Fair thing a few times but never bought anything. There was a Virtual Fighter 2 or 3 that we really tried to get but it went for way too much.....

I know this game is not a pinball machine but it's my favorite arcade game of all time hands down. It brings back many memories and is the only video machine I would consider having in my home.....

Anybody know what it is...???
http://www.ericboisseau.com/images/Arkanoidlindetronablecassebrique_146AF/arkanoid23.png

Heat Seeker WS6
01-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Is that Arkanoid?

Car Guy
01-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Is that Arkanoid?

Ding-ding-ding :thumbsup, I don't know why I love that game but I sure do...!!!!

WickedSix
01-18-2008, 04:36 PM
there is a place downtown.... has a thater three bars, bowling alley and a whole bunch of games spread around.... it is down near brady or farwell...... grrrr I hate my brains :goof

Korndogg
01-18-2008, 04:39 PM
http://www.thewho.net/linernotes2/Pinball_Wizard_Germany_PS.jpg

Car Guy
01-18-2008, 04:40 PM
there is a place downtown.... has a thater three bars, bowling alley and a whole bunch of games spread around.... it is down near brady or farwell...... grrrr I hate my brains :goof

That sounds like the new entertainment complex at Bayshore Mall. I just might have to go down there tonight and check it out.....:headbang

lordairgtar
01-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Oriental Theatre Complex, Bowling, bars, games

BoosTT
01-18-2008, 06:46 PM
If anyone goes, can they please report back if they have any pinball machines?? Most places only have arcade games because of the cost and upgrade options. Thanks!!

Car Guy
01-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Oriental Theatre Complex, Bowling, bars, games

Never been there and never heard about it...???

BoosTT
01-19-2008, 12:10 AM
went to liquor sweets tonight... no pins or vids only sooty 8-liners....

WickedSix
01-19-2008, 12:30 AM
haha finally remembered the one downtown http://landmarklanes.com/ :thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
01-19-2008, 12:32 AM
what about the mineshaft in hartford,the second floor is full of gaming

CobraSnake
01-19-2008, 01:22 AM
you know if you go to one of those arcade auctions held at the state fair grounds you can get a good pinball machine for next to nothing.

Mark

Car Guy
01-19-2008, 01:25 AM
you know if you go to one of those arcade auctions held at the state fair grounds you can get a good pinball machine for next to nothing.

Mark

I disagree with you on that one...!!!

CobraSnake
01-19-2008, 01:34 AM
I disagree with you on that one...!!!

well it may not be the best of all pinball machines but it works. Oh and when I said next to nothing 1,000 bucks is next to nothing slightly. My buddy goes to these all the time. He has like 3 pinball machines already and some normal video arcade games. I think it paided around 150 per machine.

Mark

hotshift13
01-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah it is Landmark Lanes, My home away from home!!!!! They have 6 pinball games in the game room if I'm not mistaken!! I can't recall any names at this time, but I may be there tonight and I'll get a list. I think there is a playboy game, harry potter? some road rage game. They still have old ass neo geo 1942 arcade game, I still like the air hockey table the best after 6 or so drinks!!!

Yooformula
01-19-2008, 10:35 AM
when i lived in florida, there was a video game warehouse that was opne 24 hours a day. they had EVERY arcade game, pinball, and skeetball game ever made. The place was jam packed with kids and adults playing. they even had a go-kart area, bungie jumping and other rides. the place was a hit, I wish they had something like that here.

hotshift13
01-19-2008, 10:37 AM
They did it was called Johnson's Park over on mill road. It closed 10+ years ago, but I remember having a couple birthday party's there when I was a kid!!!!! Just no bungie jumpin !!

BoosTT
01-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Prices at the state fair superactions.com thing are usually higher then normal. Their actually is a kbb sort of thing for pinball machines too. I stoped buying games there a while back, they only have crap.

Landmark lanes has a list of games on their website... I'll have to check that place out!! Thanks

The largest acrade is the pinball museum, it has 800+ pinball machines.

awsomeears
01-19-2008, 04:08 PM
http://www.pinballmuseum.org/

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!