PDA

View Full Version : rear projection tv help

rally_scort
01-18-2008, 02:54 AM
I just picked up a rear projection off craigslist, specifically to play my xbox on.The tv worked perfect when i looked at it, but now somethign doesnt seem right.Its a widescreen format, but the picture is cut off on both sides.It looks like a grey area on both sides and you can tell that part of the picture is being cut off.Ive been told to take it to american but this sucker is huge and i dont really want to unload and load it again.Anybody know of any places that do house repairs, or am i stuck lugging it back and forth?

Heat Seeker WS6
01-18-2008, 02:57 AM
What is its make & model number?
Moving it around like that may just mess it up more

rally_scort
01-18-2008, 03:09 AM
toshiba tw56d90.I looked around online for a little bit to see if i could adjust it at home, but no luck.I figure maybe somebody on here knows how to "tune" the tv back to square one.

Heat Seeker WS6
01-18-2008, 03:10 AM
lemme look some stuff up on it

rally_scort
01-18-2008, 03:12 AM
lemme look some stuff up on it

work your magic :goof

Heat Seeker WS6
01-18-2008, 03:13 AM
I need a young priest aaand I need an old priest!

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/519/dr_evil_1.jpg

...and then I'll get back wit ya

Moparjim
01-18-2008, 07:44 AM
If it is a gray area on the sides it sounds like you may not have a "problem" with the tv but simply something not set up in the inputs right and it is cutting it off on purpose so to speak. Play around with the input settings for the input you are using. Is it an xbox or xbox 360?

Karps TA
01-18-2008, 08:28 AM
I would guess it's set at 4:3 in the setup. You'll probably need to change the screen format. If it's happening just on Xbox, I think you need to go into the Xbox settings and change it there.

rally_scort
01-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Its an xbox 360.The problem occurs with both cable and xbox.I figured if i had to change the format, it wouldnt be cutting off the picture like it is, but rather squeezing it together and getting the full picture.

rally_scort
01-18-2008, 09:10 AM
I would guess it's set at 4:3 in the setup. You'll probably need to change the screen format. If it's happening just on Xbox, I think you need to go into the Xbox settings and change it there.

BINGO, i found an online manual for the tv, and you were dead on.It was set up on 4:3, so i changed it to full and it looks great.Thanks everybody for the help and input, much appreciated :thumbsup:thumbsup