PDA

View Full Version : Am I wrong on this ..................

awsomeears
01-17-2008, 07:23 PM
I purchased a $245 item from Canada, once it was at our boarder Fed Ex called me up to say " to release this package I have to pay a fee or else the package will stay.

At 1st the fee was $40 per the dude from Fed Ex but when I got the fedex papers in the mail it was $27, this was my mix up

But Any ways........

The fee was $27 so I figured I would pay it and ask the seller to return the money to me, how in the hell would I know about this.

Package comes I'm happy so I email him and ask for the $27 back, he wants to split it 50/50 and I tell him No as a seller you have more responsibility.
He got back to me saying " take it or leave it " and I told him pretty much no and to get bent.

I posted feedback about him and others commented that I'm wrong and I should have known or should have taken the 50/50. I was surprised that people didn't agree with me......

So I'm asking you am I wrong on this one ? I don't think so but maybe I have a closed mind on this matter. When I sell something I'm %100 honest and I'm there for any help, on this specific site I'm talking about I have sold over 35 items with everyone saying " best transaction ever "

These are car parts for those that are wondering :thumbsup

SSDude
01-17-2008, 07:36 PM
This is one of the problems with buying from Canada or other foreign countries with eBay or any other. Not everyone understands that there will be customs fee's and other crap that they will be charging.
This is one of the main reasons as a buyer and seller i will only sell to the US on ebay.
The seller should have known and stated up front that you could encounter customs fees and such. 50/50 wasn't a bad deal.:thumbsup

awsomeears
01-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Yea 50/50 wasn't a bad deal :) but in my Honest mind if I was to sell to Canada and a buyer would be unhappy because of some Fee I would just refund everything. And have a clear mind that I never Hosed somebody.

$27 wont break my bank lol, to me its just principle. Ohh yea I just found out he the seller recently purchased a item from the USA that was well over $200 and had to pay a FEE. So he knew about it and never told me, he might have thought I already knew.

:)

SSDude
01-17-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm not sure what he will have to do to get his stuff back from fedex with it being held by customs. If you know the ropes of import export it's no problem.
Most of us don't know all that.

pw_cc_runner
01-17-2008, 08:24 PM
The few times I've encountered this selling Probe parts its always been buyer's responsibility. I've been on both sides and it sucks but thats government.

awsomeears
01-17-2008, 08:30 PM
The few times I've encountered this selling Probe parts its always been buyer's responsibility. I've been on both sides and it sucks but thats government.

Yea I totally agree its sucks, my logic was that I had Zero clue about this Fee so with that said a Refund would be a nice gesture. But that didn't happen.

:banana1:

DirtyMax
01-17-2008, 08:35 PM
That's weird. I just ordered something from Canada and shipping was $9 and no extra bullshit... This was the Canadian version of their Postal Service though and once it crossed the border, USPS took over.

oneslowcamino
01-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Every time that I ship out of country I have always been asked to ship it as a gift I would guess its to avoid those fees.

pw_cc_runner
01-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Every time that I ship out of country I have always been asked to ship it as a gift I would guess its to avoid those fees.

yes, but that doesn't always work... Holland made my friend pay $45 on a pair of taillights I listed as "gift"

885.0stang
01-17-2008, 09:44 PM
i see it as a shipping cost that the buyer is responsable for anyway. thats why i only deal with the continental us with ebay.

WickedSix
01-17-2008, 10:10 PM
import fees/duties/taxes are the responsibility of the buyer....end of story... I would have jumped at 50/50 :thumbsup

once fool, twice the wiser

Mr Twigbert
01-18-2008, 09:36 AM
I think the seller was being good to even offer 50/50.. He or she could have just not responded to your email..

You were wrong if you left feedback..

GHOSST
01-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Man ebay blows sometimes... I will NEVER buy from canadian resources again... 1st gripe, got a spoiler back in the day for my 97 Z.... all cracked up, not sanded... no primer... went to complain.. Seller got canned!!!! Then, tried to simply order Halo toys for my nephew when Halo 1 came out, and he was into it... Ordered 4 toys, 2 Master Chiefs (green, blue), 1 Elite, 1 Grunt... well, got one Master Chief which was red, and one elite... tried to contact seller repeatedly with no avail.. contacted Ebay and they told me to solve through a 3rd party vendor.. I dont have time for that crap, it was only $20 bucks anyway... but lesson learned no doubt!!!!! :chair: