PDA

View Full Version : need help with nero

88Nightmare
01-17-2008, 01:16 AM
im trying to figure out how to burn music videos onto a dvd so it plays. I tried using nero express and did option "data dvd" but that didnt work. Someone told me I need to make a root file or folder or somethin, but idk. Basically what I want is each different music video to be its own chapter, so when I hit next chapter it goes to the next song. who knows how to do this? i know it can be done, ive seen it before.

88Nightmare
01-17-2008, 01:59 AM
well so far I have discovered after research I need to use NeroVision to turn mpeg video files into a viewable dvd disc that I can pop into a dvd player.

Voodoo Chick
01-17-2008, 02:08 AM
we have some kinda nero thingie on our computer, and for the last 4 years we haven't been able to get it to work.........lol....by the way, what the hell is that picture next to your name???? the guy with the sort of radar-dish ear-thingies??? very.......odd.....

88Nightmare
01-17-2008, 03:46 AM
its a screenshot from the music video of the Bloodhound gang's song bad touch. and they are like mouse ears or somethin

Myles
01-17-2008, 08:52 AM
http://www.videohelp.com/guides/category/how-to-author-a-basic-dvd-3;6#1031

that might help bubba, if not cruise around that site and see if you can find something that helps.

Waver
01-17-2008, 09:31 AM
mike, you neet to make individual files for each grouping of songs on your computer frirst and then move the whole file over to the nero burner...that is the only way I could make diferent chapeters for some of my mp3 cd's

05caddyext
01-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Is this going to be for your in-dash dvd player? You need to first make sure that it plays the type of files you are burning. What is the extension of the file? Not all in-dash players play all the stuff that you can download nowadays. I use the "nero-burning-rom" portion of Nero 7 Ultra edition. In order to make the files work in your truck you have to make sure it reads what you are trying to play. What happened when you burned the data dvd? What did it say? Read it at all?

Cryptic
01-17-2008, 09:55 AM
you need to format your video from divx/wmv/or whatever your source is and convert to mpeg2 in dvd format

.vob files

88Nightmare
01-17-2008, 11:31 AM
why does it have to be converted? it seems like nero vision converts each file as I add it to the disc. I didnt get a chance to finish it yet, I was too tired. Im gonna get one done this morning and go try it out. My data dvd disc was basically just throwing files onto a dvd. I put it in the player and my in dash dvd player said "format not read"

My friend I got it from had people make him music video DVD's and he was able to play it before. This thing reads just about anything, so it SHOULD play it.

Myles
01-17-2008, 11:38 AM
why does it have to be converted? it seems like nero vision converts each file as I add it to the disc. I didnt get a chance to finish it yet, I was too tired. Im gonna get one done this morning and go try it out. My data dvd disc was basically just throwing files onto a dvd. I put it in the player and my in dash dvd player said "format not read"

My friend I got it from had people make him music video DVD's and he was able to play it before. This thing reads just about anything, so it SHOULD play it.

It needs to be converted into the DVD format for videos, it then builds the file structure according adn you can add a title screen to select the videos or play all.

88Nightmare
01-17-2008, 11:41 AM
so will nero automatically convert my mpeg music videos as I add them, or do I need to do that? Its accepting each music video I add, it doesnt tell me improper format or anything. Its actually a cool little program. I can insert chapters whenever, make a menu, shit like that. make it look like a real official dvd :D

Myles
01-17-2008, 11:46 AM
so will nero automatically convert my mpeg music videos as I add them, or do I need to do that? Its accepting each music video I add, it doesnt tell me improper format or anything. Its actually a cool little program. I can insert chapters whenever, make a menu, shit like that. make it look like a real official dvd :D

Yep, it will auto convert it as it needs to do it.

88Nightmare
01-17-2008, 11:47 AM
so all I have to do is just keep adding my files, let it sit there and process it and then add my chapters, burn it, and it should work?

Myles
01-17-2008, 12:04 PM
so all I have to do is just keep adding my files, let it sit there and process it and then add my chapters, burn it, and it should work?

Thats how it worked last time i used it. I use a dvd program that comes with vegas pro, and i render those videos in the required dvd format prior to making the dvd so i dont have to wait for it.

wikked
01-17-2008, 12:07 PM
its a screenshot from the music video of the Bloodhound gang's song bad touch. and they are like mouse ears or somethin

Monkey suits :]

Jimmy Pop Ali is the true lyrical Jesse James. :rock:

88Nightmare
01-17-2008, 12:11 PM
hello my name is jimmy pop and a dumb white guy. im not old or new but middle school 5th grade like junior high. i dont know mo fo yo peep be bummin givin props to my ho cuz she fly but i can take the heat cuz im the other white meat known as kid funky fry. :D