PDA

View Full Version : Machine shop HELP.....

Car Guy
01-17-2008, 12:07 AM
I have a head off of a '97 Camry that I need to be looked at and possibly gone through. I want everything cleaned, checked, and straightened (if needed). No performance upgrades or modification is needed.....

Any input (as always) is much appreciated...!!!

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

70 cutlass 442
01-17-2008, 12:56 AM
I have a head off of a '97 Camry that I need to be looked at and possibly gone through. I want everything cleaned, checked, and straightened (if needed). No performance upgrades or modification is needed.....

www.rocketracingperformance.com

Done everything from my 4 wheeler and snowmobile engines up to some street strip stuff. They even deisgn/build their own cyl heads for Oldsmobiles so a stock head will be no problem, good luck:thumbsup

juicedimpss
01-17-2008, 08:22 AM
give brian at extreme speed a call,he does great work....and he is right down the street from you.

414-762-2551

lasttimearound
01-17-2008, 01:22 PM
does extreme speed do other engine work as well? i need a hot tank and hone

juicedimpss
01-17-2008, 02:37 PM
i know he has a hot tank there.

lasttimearound
01-17-2008, 03:26 PM
thats what i needed to hear, his shop is less than 2miles from my house

Rocket Power
01-17-2008, 06:26 PM
www.rocketracingperformance.com

Done everything from my 4 wheeler and snowmobile engines up to some street strip stuff. They even deisgn/build their own cyl heads for Oldsmobiles so a stock head will be no problem, good luck:thumbsup
+1 even if it makes me sad to agree with 70 Cutlass :D:rolf

modmachz
01-17-2008, 07:39 PM

:3gears::3gears::3gears:We are a shop located in waukesha. www.engine-rebuilders.com
Check us out..

Car Guy
01-18-2008, 12:07 AM
I appreciate all of the referrals but I decided to give Brian @ Extreme Speed a try. Part of it was him being fairly close to me but it was really more than that. So far so good with everything, I guess only time will tell but I'm pretty confident that I'll be happy with the result.....

lasttimearound
01-18-2008, 12:14 AM
what was the more part? or do we not want to know? im going there tomorrow to talk to him.

Car Guy
01-18-2008, 12:25 AM
what was the more part? or do we not want to know? im going there tomorrow to talk to him.

It's all good...!!! I wouldn't have dropped the head off if I didn't think he was 'up to par' to not only do the job but to do it in a helpful manner. There could be a shop next door to me but if the owner was an a$$hole and/or didn't know what he was doing I wouldn't take it there for free.....

lasttimearound
01-18-2008, 12:28 AM
did he say anything about any block prep or is he solely heads? i had heard from some he had done motor work for them. hes way to close to my house for him to be able to do what i need. it never works out that well

Car Guy
01-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Did you talk to Brian today...???

lasttimearound
01-18-2008, 12:08 PM
im going to head over there at like 230 or so. im kind of stuck at work right now.

lasttimearound
01-18-2008, 03:59 PM
went and talked to him. ill be dropping my stuff of in two weeks. im actually going to go back and ask if i can drop the block off early (since he has to send it out for part of it). seems like a good guy. really knowledgeable. very reasonable prices and super local to me.

Car Guy
01-18-2008, 04:08 PM
went and talked to him. ill be dropping my stuff of in two weeks. im actually going to go back and ask if i can drop the block off early (since he has to send it out for part of it). seems like a good guy. really knowledgeable. very reasonable prices and super local to me.

That's exactly how I felt.....