PDA

View Full Version : GLD again sucks the big one on Friday night.

Neal Steffek
09-06-2003, 11:32 AM
I think I am stating the obvius here. GLD was not that packed, but yet managed for us to wait OVER an hour in the staging lanes while the goof balls who work there just sit around and do nothing. Thanks for taking my $25 for nothing.

Also, the track is soposed to shut down at 11. At 10:55 I go to get one last run in (after waiting over an hour before that to get my race in) and the ***** says no. Ther ewas other cars behind me wantong to go and bitching her out for the complete disrespect the staff at GLD has for all the paying customers. How in the world can you tell people you are shutting down the lanes EARLY after making people wait over an hour to stage?

Also, WTF is up with letting bikes and the "big boys" go as often as they want, skipping everyone else with street cars?

Yes folks, GLD is run by farmers, they are by far the biggest morons in the world. I only wish Byron was a bit closer. :(

Sory for any spelling errors, my computer does not at this time have a word proccesor on it.:durr

Valcuda
09-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Yes, that is why you go on tues... test n tune... I got about 10-12 runs in.... and they shut down early 10pm... because there was not enough cars...

Go on a tuesday you won't have a problem with getting alot of runs...

So did you run a new best or what???

SLOWC5
09-06-2003, 02:58 PM
I pulled a new PB but not one I'm happy with, managed to get my MPH up and came down a little in ET's this car should run 12.5!!!!

JEFF:fire

Syclone0044
09-06-2003, 03:00 PM
GLD may or may not suck, and I have my own gripes and props for them. But your first mistake was to go on a Friday night; and don't say I didn't warn you !!! :D

Daytonapacecar959
09-06-2003, 04:06 PM
It sucked last night.It wasn't that busy and i was sitting in the staging lanes for about 30-45 minutes each time.I only got 4 runs in.And the first time Neal ran the track announcer said his car was a MUSTANG:flamet ,it says right in the rear bumper PONTIAC in reflective lettering.
On a positive note i did run a new PB 13.114@104.90

Neal Steffek
09-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Daytonapacecar959
It sucked last night.It wasn't that busy and i was sitting in the staging lanes for about 30-45 minutes each time.I only got 4 runs in.And the first time Neal ran the track announcer said his car was a MUSTANG:flamet ,it says right in the rear bumper PONTIAC in reflective lettering.
On a positive note i did run a new PB 13.114@104.90

How does my car look like a Mustang? I would really like to know. LikeFred said, I never saw a PONTIAC Mustang.

I would liek to say good job to Fred and Jeff on new P.B.'s though. :thumbsup :durr

Firefighter Z
09-07-2003, 09:07 PM
How much does it cost to run at GLD.

Neal Steffek
09-07-2003, 09:39 PM
cost me $25 on Friday.

animal
09-08-2003, 12:47 AM
Anyone who goes to GLD on a friday night looking to get in more than 3 or 4 runs is not being realistic. It can happen, but usually not. Like was said go on a tuesday if you want to get sheer number of runs in.