PDA

View Full Version : Check Writers.

pickardracing
01-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Seriously. Its f-ing 2008.

If you cant carry cash or use a card, GTFO.

And if you're going to be such a f-ing idiot as to write a check, dont stand there staring at me to give you a F*CKING PEN to write it out with since you were too ignorant to bring your own.

lit666
01-15-2008, 01:45 PM

And if you're going to be such a f-ing idiot as to write a check, dont stand there staring at me to give you a F*CKING PEN to write it out with since you were too ignorant to bring your own.

QFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want_Notch
01-15-2008, 01:59 PM
I write checks for just about everything.........I'm a ******* idiot?

I don't think I have ever used my check card.

It's much easier to balance our accounts that way.

BTW do you ever have anything good to say about anything or anyone or does you life suck that much?

Yooformula
01-15-2008, 02:00 PM
I agree but i dont mind if someone uses a check but dammit have your shit ready BEFORE you pay. You knew you only had a check, dammit it should be filled in by the time the total is ready. I hate when people wait until the 2nd reminder before they even open their wallets.

wikked
01-15-2008, 02:10 PM

It's much easier to balance our accounts that way.

Balance accounts? huh? :confused :goof

I've never done that in my life.
Is there a need to do that anymore with online banking & such?

Besides rent, The only time I write checks, is for dinosaur establishments that don't accept debit... which is never, because they all take debit.
*shrug* :)

jbiscuit
01-15-2008, 02:18 PM
I write checks for my house payment. That's it.

Karps TA
01-15-2008, 02:19 PM
I can't stand waiting for people to write out checks either. Like I can see if it's maybe a big ticket item. But when I'm at the grocery store and someone is writing a check for $9 I want to scream.

michelle
01-15-2008, 02:32 PM
I only write checks for my rent. Everything else is paid for online or by my check card.

But I understand your frustration. At work, my boss writes out blank checks to the grocery store, so when we go shopping for our resident's, all we have to write is the amount. It's not that hard to write in the name of the business and sign it while you are waiting for the cashier to finish scanning everything. Unless you are the type of person that needs to double-check each item's price as it is scanned.....

Deggy
01-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Check card FTW!

DirtyMax
01-15-2008, 02:41 PM
You have a lot of built up hate. I think you need a stress ball. ;)

Want_Notch
01-15-2008, 02:44 PM
I do pay most bills online but for the most part groceries, drug store, walmart, places like that I use a check. When we go out to eat or out its cash only.

Deggy
01-15-2008, 02:48 PM
I don't see what really slows down the process of paying for something at a store by writing a check to be honest. Unless like stated previously the person is filling everything out when they get the total...that is kind of rediculous...if they fill it out while waiting in line or while getting the items scanned...there should be that much of a wait.

pickardracing
01-15-2008, 03:00 PM
I have never had one of these tools have it filled out beforehand.

The guy today took at least 3 minutes to write it out for a 6.49 item.

SERIOUSLY. RE-JECTS.

Flicktitty
01-15-2008, 03:02 PM
he's just pissed that if he adds up ALL the times he has ever had to wait for someone to write a check it would maybe be what 4hours?

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-15-2008, 03:05 PM
If you dont like customer service you could always get a different job ?

70 cutlass 442
01-15-2008, 03:07 PM
If you dont like customer service you could always get a different job ?

people should just catch up with the times, wouldnt you be pissed if you were in a hurry and old man river was in front of you with his model T in a no passing zone?

juicedimpss
01-15-2008, 03:08 PM
online billpay FTW

debit or cash for everything else

Deggy
01-15-2008, 03:09 PM

SERIOUSLY. RE-JECTS.

writing a check for 6.49? thats kind of rediculous.

is it that hard to just have 7 dollars cash on you...or 6 and some change?

Karps TA
01-15-2008, 03:18 PM
The worst ones are the people who then have to fill in the amount right away on their balance sheet and figure our what their balance is. WTF?! do that in your car or at home. When that becomes more important then bagging their crap I want to hit them with a can of peas.

Heat Seeker WS6
01-15-2008, 03:20 PM

SERIOUSLY. RE-JECTS.

Where to you work?
Im going to visit you & pay by CHECK real s....l.....o......w......l.....y....! :banana

DirtyMax
01-15-2008, 03:21 PM
I think the root of your anger is that those 3 minutes are taking away from your BCM whoring time?!? ... It's a boneyard in the winter like you got anything better to do... :goof

Plus alot of old farts are scared of "cards" because they are misinformed about the security of them... :rolleyes:

pickardracing
01-15-2008, 03:26 PM
I think the root of your anger is that those 3 minutes are taking away from your BCM whoring time?!? ... It's a boneyard in the winter like you got anything better to do... :goof

The fact that you have discovered the root of my anger does not detract from the fact that it is indeed an infuriating situation.

pickardracing
01-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Where to you work?
Im going to visit you & pay by CHECK real s....l.....o......w......l.....y....! :banana

SILENCE - I kill you.

Larrygto
01-15-2008, 03:28 PM
They should make them stand in a special line for checks only! If they had to stand there and wait behind all the other idiots maybe they might realize how much time they've wasted for everybody else?

Heat Seeker WS6
01-15-2008, 03:30 PM
SILENCE - I kill you.

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

DurtyKurty
01-15-2008, 03:31 PM
What's a check?

badass88gt
01-15-2008, 04:32 PM
I use checks sometimes, rent, some bills that dont have online payment like my cell phone, but I have them filled out ahead of time if I know the amount. If I dont, the amount is all I have to fill in. I use them when I need to buy a day or 2 till my deposit also. Sounds like you just need to ***** and cry.

Al
01-15-2008, 04:36 PM

You have been watching too many visa commercials. Quit being a puppet for the corporations.

pickardracing
01-15-2008, 04:43 PM
You have been watching too many visa commercials. Quit being a puppet for the corporations.

Yes. Yes, thats it. :durr

WickedSix
01-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Balance accounts? huh? :confused :goof

I've never done that in my life.
Is there a need to do that anymore with online banking & such?

Besides rent, The only time I write checks, is for dinosaur establishments that don't accept debit... which is never, because they all take debit.
*shrug* :)

goto the Hunter's Nest off big muskego and try and pay with a credit card...they'll tell ya where u can put it :rolf

xxsn0blindxx
01-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Checks and cash should be completely done away with. It's an antiquated system that won't last much longer. I almost never carry cash anymore unless I'm going to a swap meet or to bars that are really busy. Our government could save a ton of money if they stopped making money. I am willing to bet that within the next 50 years physical currency will be a thing of the past.

Deggy
01-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Checks and cash should be completely done away with. It's an antiquated system that won't last much longer. I almost never carry cash anymore unless I'm going to a swap meet or to bars that are really busy. Our government could save a ton of money if they stopped making money. I am willing to bet that within the next 50 years physical currency will be a thing of the past.

if thats true, strippers will be out of work.

70 cutlass 442
01-15-2008, 04:55 PM

they would make more money to, instead of tipping in cash you would have to use the card, then the merchants who get a cut of that transaction will be taxed on it and so on.

Karps TA
01-15-2008, 05:12 PM
if thats true, strippers will be out of work.

No evolution will take over. They'll end up with a credit card scanning cooch. Nature will always prevail.

Al
01-15-2008, 05:12 PM
they would make more money to, instead of tipping in cash you would have to use the card, then the merchants who get a cut of that transaction will be taxed on it and so on.

Credit companies will make loads of money in interest on that one.

Sounds like some people agree with coorporate takeover of america.

Either that or strippers will have card reading devices implanted in their butt cracks. You know where to swipe your card.

badass88gt
01-15-2008, 05:13 PM
They already have a place to swipe the card. Credit Card companies just need to smooth the edges of the cards.

Deggy
01-15-2008, 05:19 PM
No evolution will take over. They'll end up with a credit card scanning cooch. Nature will always prevail.

that would be so much fun...walk into a strip club only to see the stripper wearing a belt with a card scanner attached.

Rocket Power
01-15-2008, 05:23 PM
BTW do you ever have anything good to say about anything or anyone or does you life suck that much?
QFT!!:rolf

limpimpg
01-15-2008, 05:32 PM
your getting paid ain't you? boy you wouldn't like comm check from trucking businesses.
well i like people that use cc or atm every time you withdraw money that 5.00 in my pocket thanks
alot smaller places are going back to cash or check it adds 3 to 5 to overhead to accept credit cards.

lit666
01-15-2008, 05:40 PM
goto the Hunter's Nest off big muskego and try and pay with a credit card...they'll tell ya where u can put it :rolf

thats different. I think more people are talking in the lines of say walmart, target, grocery stores and big box stores. Some little redneck hunters place is BFE that can't upgrade because of ma and pa is irrelevant.

SSDude
01-15-2008, 05:57 PM
If your going to pay by check fine..... but you better be ready to get it done without delay.:3gears:

Many people are in financial trouble because of how easy it is to whip out the card. I've seen to many people who look at their balance at an atm or on line and then think thats how much money they can spend. Forgetting that the couple checks they wrote in the last week haven't cleared yet. Can you say overdraft.:goof

I'll used the debit card occasionally and the credit card for emergencies.
Cash Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang

lordairgtar
01-15-2008, 06:15 PM
What's worse is being behind the guy who gets his card declined and tries to use his other cards, which also get declined. Of course, the guy who buys booze or cigs at the check out where the under 18 year old is working, gotta go get the adult worker to take the money. Having to wait for the clerk to go get the ciggies from elsewhere in the store. The asshat with food stamps. Or the person who really has to count out exact change for their items...c'mon, the cashier can make change quicker than you.

WickedSix
01-15-2008, 06:40 PM
thats different. I think more people are talking in the lines of say walmart, target, grocery stores and big box stores. Some little redneck hunters place is BFE that can't upgrade because of ma and pa is irrelevant.

eh at those places I self checkout ne way..... no waiting for shafawnda and the eight rugrats to get the hell outta the way :headbang

plus im antisocial and therefore hate dealing with people :durr

Karps TA
01-15-2008, 06:45 PM
self checkout, now there's a scam.

So I get to do the store's work, but don't get a discount for doing it? Want me to come in and stock the shelves as well? Maybe go shag shopping carts?

SSDude
01-15-2008, 07:01 PM

So I get to do the store's work, but don't get a discount for doing it? Want me to come in and stock the shelves as well? Maybe go shag shopping carts?

Good one:thumbsup
All the while they'll claim it helps keep your grocery prices down.:rolf

Deggy
01-15-2008, 07:02 PM
I use the self checkouts at walmart...but not when i have a cart full of stuff...if its just a DVD or two, or something small. I'll use the self checkout just to get in and out...because most of the people are waiting in the normal checkout lanes.

WickedSix
01-15-2008, 07:18 PM
I use the self checkouts at walmart...but not when i have a cart full of stuff...if its just a DVD or two, or something small. I'll use the self checkout just to get in and out...because most of the people are waiting in the normal checkout lanes.

i never have a full cart at walmart unless it is alcohol :rolf but then u gotta go to a person to check out ne way lol

moels
01-15-2008, 07:20 PM
I very rarely carry much cash on me, due to the fact that like most guys I will find a way to spend everything in my pocket. lol I use my debit card and pay bills online. I write one check per month because my cell company doesn't do online pmt. I also will write a check to the ex if there is a cost for the kids that we are splitting, like a sport or school fees.

Deggy
01-15-2008, 08:32 PM
i never have a full cart at walmart unless it is alcohol :rolf but then u gotta go to a person to check out ne way lol

Hey a full cart is a full cart...be it a crap load of booze, or every day needs.

but yeah buying booze in the self check out lane is pointless because they practically have to ring it up for you.

i had to get checked for some DVDs i bought yesterday...i had the employees id and password to do it myself, i wrote it down, but then lost the paper....lol:goof

wikked
01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Real Chili only takes cash... best believe I have it on me at 2am :D

70 cutlass 442
01-15-2008, 09:02 PM

your discount is that small item that you happen to aim the barcode up as it pases over the reader :devil

Rocket Power
01-15-2008, 09:54 PM
I use the self checkouts at walmart...but not when i have a cart full of stuff...
What I hate is when I try to use them, they apparently let the retards go right before me who can't figure it out. My F-ing 7 year old handles the whole process fine and can do it all with out help and these 40-50-60 year olds who have been going to the stores with scanners for the entire existence of the machines are f-ing stumped??????