PDA

View Full Version : 2 Die Street racing in Alabama

Flicktitty
01-14-2008, 02:07 PM
My friend who lives there sent me this link.

Click news link (http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=5473704&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1)

News video link (http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=5474928&version=1&locale=EN-US)

YOUTUBE CRASH LINK (http://community.myfoxal.com/blogs/DennisWashington/2008/01/14/Deadly_Street_Race)

Crazy to think how something people take as being "Fun" and a "Hobby" Can end up ending soo bad.

79SS
01-14-2008, 02:18 PM
That's why we have race tracks to avoid that kind of thing.

Heat Seeker WS6
01-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Crazy to think how something people take as being "Fun" and a "Hobby" Can end up ending soo bad.

Dont be so nieve to that thought Flick- its been happening and will continue to happen. I'll come right out and say it-- Its only a matter of time before it (racing accident) happens to someone on this board. Its a shitty thought, but....

70 cutlass 442
01-14-2008, 02:27 PM
That's why we have race tracks to avoid that kind of thing.

race track wouldnt have prevented a shooting necessairly. what a waste.

torque.hit
01-14-2008, 02:27 PM
So they shot the man who wanted to help the driver??

Heat Seeker WS6
01-14-2008, 02:30 PM
race track wouldnt have prevented a shooting necessairly. what a waste.

Really? Come on Jon, think about it. Any shootings at GLD, US41, Corova, etc & etc you know of? Plenty of heated races have occured at those places.

70 cutlass 442
01-14-2008, 02:30 PM
So they shot the man who wanted to help the driver??

thats what it sounded like, but i like how the media turns it into a huge thing about street racing, fact is dipshit shouldnt have been at the end of the road taping, and there shouldnt be a need for straps there. the guys in the car were probably fine.

Heat Seeker WS6
01-14-2008, 02:32 PM
thats what it sounded like, but i like how the media turns it into a huge thing about street racing, fact is dipshit shouldnt have been at the end of the road taping, and there shouldnt be a need for straps there. the guys in the car were probably fine.

looked like the stang had a cage in it, but also sure the driver was fine

Flicktitty
01-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Dont be so nieve to that thought Flick- its been happening and will continue to happen. I'll come right out and say it-- Its only a matter of time before it (racing accident) happens to someone on this board. Its a shitty thought, but....

I didn't mean the accident part i ment the shooting part. I know accidents can happen and DO happen to people. It's just unreal to hear someone getting shot.

Heat Seeker WS6
01-14-2008, 02:39 PM
I didn't mean the accident part i ment the shooting part. I know accidents can happen and DO happen to people. It's just unreal to hear someone getting shot.

Yeah, thats freakn nuts what happended - too bad the guy that shot the guy trying to help didnt also get shot-- in the knee:fire

juicedimpss
01-14-2008, 02:46 PM
the accident part sucks,and its an unfortunate loss for someone.

the shooting part is absolutely shitty.

Crawlin
01-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Heatseeker

shooting no, stabbing yes at US41 during there SCC (their RSD equivalent) race. It's pretty scary down there during those things. RSD is MUCH better controlled in the security department. But I'd guess that it's also the character of the people there. While heated arguments go on, and physical altercations do happen, you are right, nothing has lead to a shooting there.

ThatWhiteCivic
01-14-2008, 03:04 PM
That is F ing crazy I can't belive someone got shot trying to help another man

Flight_740
01-14-2008, 03:05 PM
I can't believe people have the balls to stand on the sideline like that with such high HP cars!!! I almost don't even feel bad for them honestly. It's just plain stupid!

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-14-2008, 03:06 PM
It seems to be an awful tragedy on several levels and I dont have a car like that or "street race" per say, but I do give a few folks a go at a stoplight or 2, which could easily cause in accident.

I have been getting really sick and tired about hearing how drunk drivers are murdering folks all over the highways, but maybe I should look in the mirror a bit and take some of my own advice before I get in an accident myself. (I know a ton of drunk drivers and sadly am just waiting for one of them to get in an accident)

Anything can happen at anytime I guess I remember only a few years ago a photographer was killed at the end of GLD's track, another unfortunate accident.
Another bad one was when that 137 year old man drove his Buick into a closed street fruit market in California, turning it into a meat market killing 7 folks I think. :(

Crawlin
01-14-2008, 03:07 PM
People would try and make it to the other side of the street when cars were running on tower. Run right in front of 'em

2SLOW
01-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Horrible tradgedy! R.I.P Bobby Cole

http://www.lsxhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342

Crawlin
01-14-2008, 03:30 PM
and like what was stated on the other board, i see this being shot over $$$$, not actually helping people out. Age old rule, two tires crack, it's a race. Meaning no matter what happens, who ever finishes first gets paid. I can see since it says they were from two different states even, that in the heat of the moment, you aren't thinking about paying up, but if the driver is ok

Guy hit by the car was killed... Second guy was killed for not wanting to payup. May have been the middle-man holding the money. It was $10k.

Flicktitty
01-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Horrible tradgedy! R.I.P Bobby Cole

http://www.lsxhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342

have to be a member, and why refer people to another forum on the same topic?

Crawlin
01-14-2008, 04:15 PM
more interesting conversation... such as....

one of the racers was Evander Hollyfield's brother. Alabama Street Scene has some VERY interesting stuff going on with it

Originally Posted by ablaydes
if you wasnt there then just listen and dont talk, i for one was there and experince a horrible accident, it was something that nobody should ever haft to witness, before the race even started it should have ended but it was a ****ed up situation, the guys from florida got there late after the other car from north alabama had been there atleast 3 hours waiting so the guys from north alabama made a coulple of test passes to get the right if the road ready to race, well when they got there of course words were spoke about the bet, well they lined the car up and the guys from florida wanted to move the start line up 30 feet well the guy from nort alabama said NO im not racing cause it was a dead end street and there was only so much room to stop and if you move the start line up 30 feet then thet wouldnt have been able to stop period not enough room, so the guy from north alabama said well if there goin to be like that then lets load the car up and go home boys, so when he was pulling the car off the road to load up one of the guys came over and said to the driver from north alabama that if he loaded the car up he was going to be shot, so needless to say nobody wants to be shot, so he really had no choice in the matter it was either get in the car and race or your going to be shot , so hee pulls the car back out on the road and they line up, and all hell breaks loose from there
the car in the right lane was from north alabama and the other in the left was from florida, they take off and about 300 ft out the car in the right lane started to power slide over to the car in the left lane hiiting the pass. door of the car in the left lane, knocking them into the light poll snapping the light poll in half hitting a guy from florida that was watching to see who won at the end it broke both his legs then when they hit the light pole the car that go hit in the pass. door keep going shooting him acroos the other side of the road hitting another person dragging him atleast 60 to 70 ft then hitting a fire hydrate and a sign stopping, well why this was goin on Anthony Lett went to see if there was any saving the guy that got draged underneath the car ( on record guys i got 3 feet from the guy and i had to turn around ive never seen anything like that before) when trying to put the guy in lett truck the guys from florida disagreed and said to leave him there and Lett said that they couldnt leave him like this layin here so while loading the guy up in his truck BIG LETT was shot in the back 4 times for trying to help an injured or dead person either way he meant no harm, lETT WAS NOT DUMPED AT UAB HE WAS LOADED UP AND TAKIN TO UAB AND WAS PRONOUNCED DEAD AT THE HOSPITAL AT 4:51PM THEY DID NOT DUMP HIM ON THE FRONT DOOR HIS FRIENDS TOOK HIM TO UAB
Lett was a good guy, always joking,always smiling, loved being around dragracing, and alot of people appreciated him for his attitude very big guy but never violent, i knew him for a long time and i have been around him enough to know that he did not deserve to go like that,,, BIG BEAR YOU WILL BE MISSED, I KNOW THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE RIDIN IN THE PASSENGER SEAT OF ALL THE DRAG RACERS THAT YOU KNOW, CAUSE WE KNOW THAT YOU WILL KEEP US SAFE SO THE NEXT 1/8TH OF A MILE IN KING KONG IS FOR YOU BIG BEAR YOU WILL BE MISSED

Guteman
01-14-2008, 04:29 PM
I really feel bad for the people who died, but am I the only one thinking to myself saying "why the hell is everyone lined up along the 'track'?" Stupid move by the cameraman and the people there.

juicedimpss
01-14-2008, 04:33 PM
I really feel bad for the people who died, but am I the only one thinking to myself saying "why the hell is everyone lined up along the 'track'?" Stupid move by the cameraman and the people there.

yes,but if you have ever been to those types of events,it that way EVERYWHERE.

Flicktitty
01-14-2008, 04:37 PM
yes,but if you have ever been to those types of events,it that way EVERYWHERE.

Thats what i was thinking, you can say what you want but when it comes down to it 95% of the ones i have been to have people lined up all the way down.

2SLOW
01-14-2008, 05:23 PM
have to be a member, and why refer people to another forum on the same topic?

more info

Flight_740
01-14-2008, 10:09 PM
And this makes it a smart idea how? Just because it happens everywhere does not mean the people who are doing it are not fuking idiots.

Thats what i was thinking, you can say what you want but when it comes down to it 95% of the ones i have been to have people lined up all the way down.

Heat Seeker WS6
01-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Holy crap what a mess that was

lordairgtar
01-14-2008, 11:50 PM
I don't understand why they would shoot a guy for trying to help. I mean, wasn't the guy from the Florida bunch? Goes to show ya, some don't give a shit about a persons life...only about them selves.

Flicktitty
01-15-2008, 12:33 AM
And this makes it a smart idea how? Just because it happens everywhere does not mean the people who are doing it are not fuking idiots.

no where did i say it was smart? i was just saying it happens alot!

Crawlin
01-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Here's a scenario that has been played out as a possiblity...

Guy who was shot was the money holder(10g's is ALOT of money)

Imagine him running to try and help the guy and say we got to leave right now, while the other people want their money, so they can get out of town. Guy who gets shot says the most important thing is getting this guy health, shooter says, "***** you better pay me", guy who got shot tosses the money in the guys face making it hard to pick up all that money as well as "making it rain" is a sign of disrespect i guess in their culture(thank you rap stars and athletes at strip clubs for that phrase), shooter whips out gun and unloads into the guys back as he was trying to help the other guy.

Not so much shot for HELPING the guy as not paying up right away. You know these idiots don't have a ******* LEGAL corporate white collar type job they can just splurge 10g's here and there.

Sucks since it seemed that the guy shot was well liked and respected

lit666
01-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Do they know who the shooter is and are they going after him?

juicedimpss
01-15-2008, 09:48 AM
chris,that theory does sound viable.

money would be my number 1 guess as to WHY someone would get shot in that environment.

Boost21
01-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Either way, thats some f'ed up stuff. Leave it for the track.

70 cutlass 442
01-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Here's a scenario that has been played out as a possiblity...

Guy who was shot was the money holder(10g's is ALOT of money)

Imagine him running to try and help the guy and say we got to leave right now, while the other people want their money, so they can get out of town. Guy who gets shot says the most important thing is getting this guy health, shooter says, "***** you better pay me", guy who got shot tosses the money in the guys face making it hard to pick up all that money as well as "making it rain" is a sign of disrespect i guess in their culture(thank you rap stars and athletes at strip clubs for that phrase), shooter whips out gun and unloads into the guys back as he was trying to help the other guy.

Not so much shot for HELPING the guy as not paying up right away. You know these idiots don't have a ******* LEGAL corporate white collar type job they can just splurge 10g's here and there.

Sucks since it seemed that the guy shot was well liked and respected

Exactly what i was thinking, i dont for one second beleive that the guy that got shot was trying to help the guy who got hit. for one, it was described that this guy was so unbeleiveably messed up and that it was such a horrible sight, so im sure that it was a lost cause to try to save him. and on top of that, did you notice on both videos the number of people running the other way right after the crash? not trying to steotype, but i bet more then half of them had warrants and were just going to get the hell out of there.

DRK
01-15-2008, 12:21 PM
ghetto ass mother ****ers! RSD is full of those kind of POS ppl and cars. Half the junk that shows up at RSD I would be afraid to run next too or behind.

juicedimpss
01-15-2008, 12:25 PM
ghetto ass mother ****ers! RSD is full of those kind of POS ppl and cars. Half the junk that shows up at RSD I would be afraid to run next too or behind.

that isnt rsd,thats a street race down south.

DRK
01-15-2008, 02:02 PM
I know, I watched the vids.. It just reminds me of RSDs, along with all the bullshit and clapped out junk they let run.