PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever order contacts online?

Deggy
01-12-2008, 05:27 PM
So my insurence hasn't gone thru with JC Penney yet because I was recently on insurence with my mom and her husband because I am in school...with their divorce I got dropped and now have no insurence...and I think JCP only covers eye exams not glasses or contacts...

has anyone ordered contacts online and is their a significant price difference from purchasing online rather than at a Stein Optical or Lens Crafters?

Brian98GTP
01-12-2008, 07:05 PM
So my insurence hasn't gone thru with JC Penney yet because I was recently on insurence with my mom and her husband because I am in school...with their divorce I got dropped and now have no insurence...and I think JCP only covers eye exams not glasses or contacts...

has anyone ordered contacts online and is their a significant price difference from purchasing online rather than at a Stein Optical or Lens Crafters?

Tasha says that her toric lenses are cheaper online... she goes through www.lens.com
She also says to check the manufacturers website because there may be a rebate for buying a few boxes at a time.

HTH :thumbsup

Deggy
01-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the info, im gonna look at that site. I'm on my last pair of contacts and I hate wearing my glasses.

BoosTT
01-13-2008, 05:01 PM
I used 1800 contacts before. The prices are atleast 50% less then at the docter. Really easy to use them as well. I wish they would stop mailling me crap remindinig me to order more lens tho.

USMARINE1108
01-13-2008, 05:35 PM
I've ordered them online before but I forgot where. I just googled and picked one. The prices seemed to be about the same. I saved a ton of $ ordering online.

Deggy
01-13-2008, 05:37 PM
i just ordered some from 1800contacts.com

thanks for your input guys.

Cjburn
01-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Does your prescription need to be up to date?

Deggy
01-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Well I ordered mine from 1800contacts.com and i wanted to get one brand, but a lady from their customer service called me no more than 10 mins after placing the order to inform me that my doctor will only allow me to get a certain brand...i really didn't care a contact is a contact to me but obviously they are checking to make sure your stuff is up to date...so i think the answer is yes it has to be up to date.