PDA

View Full Version : Good to be back in Milwaukee

MyWhiteZ
09-04-2003, 09:20 PM
whats up guys

just moved back up into the dorms at msoe for the year. spent the summer home in chitown. Didnt do much posting on here over the summer but did read the board almost everyday.

Did alot of work to the car over the summer (still not finished) car did go 13.7 @ 97 with only a conv, cai, and borla in july which i was happy about but decided that since the mileage was high and the trap was sorta low that it was time for a rebuild using the money i had left over from selling the iroc. So i had a 383 built using scat 9000 crank, eagle forged rods, srp forged pistons, main studs, radiused bearings, all new bearins. top end consists of stage 2 heads by eddie saconi (former owner of fast times)with 2.00/1.60 valves, port matched intake. The only concession i had to make was that it had to be streetable and emmissions friendly so i decided to go with a hotcam. I needed something that will still make decent power and still be able to drive 75 miles to and from home. i am also doing flp longtube headers with orps. i am going to see what the injector duty cycle is with the stock injectors and if need be i will get a set of 30 lb'ers. the only question mark that still remains is tuning. I would like to tune it myself using lt1-edit but am afraid i would be getting in over my head and would mess something up or the car would run like crap. so my other option is to have jim moran at speed inc dyno tune it.

i will be going home next weekend to install the new motor in the car and then bring it up here. so if ya see a white lt1 z with 99 vette rims and a berger panel then u know thats me. i will definately have the car at Bk and anyother local shows along with the MFBA fall cruise.

look forward to a good fall of cruising and finally getting to meet some of u guys in person.

cya around

ps the work on the chevelle continues and almost all the body is ready for painting. man this body guy take forever but im sure it will look awesome when its done

Crawlin
09-04-2003, 09:26 PM
What up Bill!!! Good to see you back on here! Car sounds like it's become quite healthy :) Anyways, there are a couple guys on here that have done their own tuning that may be able to give you some pointers, one in perticular who also has a 383 in his '95 T/A, along with some forced induction. Good luck!!

Chris