PDA

View Full Version : Can you rent a TV...???

Car Guy
01-10-2008, 06:47 PM
I might have a Super Bowl Party at the house and would like to rent a TV if it's possible, and the bigger the better....:headbang

Any input would be much appreciated...!!!

~Justin :thumbsup

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

Breecher_7
01-10-2008, 06:49 PM
:alcoholic Rent-A-Center?

70 cutlass 442
01-10-2008, 06:50 PM
ive seen thoes projectors for rent that you can pipe a tv feed into, but thats kinda odd.

Deggy
01-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Is this going to be a BCM Super Bowl party?

I would go with what Jon said, maybe look to get a projector if you have a wall big enough to project a picture on.

Nix
01-10-2008, 06:54 PM
:alcoholic Rent-A-Center?

Word, either that or you can go buy one from American or somewhere else and then return it after the superbowl saying that it didn't fit your needs or whatever excuse you give them. When I worked for American TV people did just that all the time and then the closeout area of the store would get flooded with tvs at discount cause they were then open box/return items. Just a thought.

awsomeears
01-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Your better off renting a projector and putting up a 8' x 8' white bed sheet. Call Barry he has one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karps TA
01-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Word, either that or you can go buy one from American or somewhere else and then return it after the superbowl saying that it didn't fit your needs or whatever excuse you give them. When I worked for American TV people did just that all the time and then the closeout area of the store would get flooded with tvs at discount cause they were then open box/return items. Just a thought.

I did that back in college in our dorm. We "rented" a smaller fridge most of the year. Just would take it back within the return time, then go to a different store and get another one. Rented a big screen for the NCAA hoops tourney as well.

Deggy
01-10-2008, 07:02 PM
I did that back in college in our dorm. We "rented" a smaller fridge most of the year. Just would take it back within the return time, then go to a different store and get another one. Rented a big screen for the NCAA hoops tourney as well.

Not related to TVs but that is why JC Penney went to a no return policy after 24 hours to stop things like that from happening with furniture..and there is a zero return policy on Mattresses, only a 45 night comfort policy where the customer can pick out a new mattress within the 45 nights....

Suprised a lot of companies haven't done that yet.

Breecher_7
01-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Not related to TVs but that is why JC Penney went to a no return policy after 24 hours to stop things like that from happening with furniture..and there is a zero return policy on Mattresses, only a 45 night comfort policy where the customer can pick out a new mattress within the 45 nights....

Suprised a lot of companies haven't done that yet.

Because a 24hr return policy is just bad business and horrible customer service, thats why....

Deggy
01-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Hey I never said I agree with the policies of the company I work for...I only get paid to enforce them.

Breecher_7
01-10-2008, 07:07 PM
This is probably yet another reason why i havent been inside a JC penny in 20 years.

Deggy
01-10-2008, 07:08 PM
This is probably yet another reason why i havent been inside a JC penny in 20 years.

Thats the reason why we lose a lot of customers too.

I would never shop for furniture here or beds. I will get clothes and maybe shoes because I get 20% plus whatever sale prices are out too.

Karps TA
01-10-2008, 07:10 PM
I was shocked how easy it was to get away with it. And was surprised that companies allowed it.

I'd probably never do that now, but that was like umm 17 years ago.

Deggy
01-10-2008, 07:13 PM
I was shocked how easy it was to get away with it. And was surprised that companies allowed it.

I'd probably never do that now, but that was like umm 17 years ago.

I'm sure there are plenty of places that you can still pull that stuff off at.
You just will probably have to be a little more smart about it now. I don't know what companies policies are except for the one I work for. :goof

Holeshot
01-10-2008, 07:23 PM
American

No Hassle Returns:
Our goal is to have you be very satisfied with your purchase from American's internet store. Products may be returned for a refund or exchange within 15 days of the date of your sales receipt, plus an additional 7 day allowance for shipping. For your convenience, you can return your internet purchased product in either of the following ways:

If you live in one of our markets, you can easily return product purchased on-line to any of our stores. Simply take the product with your receipt to the Customer Assistance counter at any store.
If you live outside of our markets, or you'd rather not make the trip to our store, simply call (888) 878-2680 or e-mail us at customer.support@americantv.com and one of our customer assistance representatives will provide you with instructions for returning the item, including your return authorization number. Any returned product must have a return authorization number or it will not be accepted. Your refund will be processed after your product has been received by American.

Other terms & conditions:

To qualify, product must be returned in new condition with your original receipt. The original box and packing must be returned in new condition or a 15% restocking charge will be deducted from your refund. Any refunds will be made in the method you paid.
Sleep products, computer software, DVD software, video game software and special orders are not returnable.
Camcorders, radar detectors, notebook computers, CD recorders, digital cameras, family radios and air conditioners may be returned for a refund or exchange within 5 days of the date of your sale, plus an additional 7 day allowance for shipping.
Printers and word processors are subject to a 15% restocking charge if the ribbon, ink cartridge, toner, drum or developer have been used.
Products that have been neglected, misused or abused are not returnable. This includes items damaged from liquids, or where odors (tobacco, smoke, pets, etc.) exist.
Services such as home delivery and set up, hook-up charges and installation fees are not refundable.

Best Buy

Online Return Policy

You may return merchandise purchased at BestBuy.com if it meets the guidelines below. Click here for a list of items that are not returnable to our stores.

Guidelines
You may return merchandise to a Best Buy store within the U.S. or by mail to our return center. All returns must be made in original condition and include all accessories. You will receive a credit for your purchase only if it meets the criteria below. We do not offer merchandise exchanges. Learn more about how to return an online purchase.

Holiday Return Policy
Buy now with confidence! Gifts may be returned through January.

Gift purchases made between November 1, 2007 and December 24, 2007, qualify for our Holiday Return policy. Qualifying products may be returned through January 31, 2008. The other terms of our standard policy (including, but not limited to, "non-returnable items" and "restocking fee," etc.) apply. Products purchased prior to November 1 or after December 24 and non-gift purchases do not qualify for our holiday return policy. For these purchases, our standard return policy applies, which is explained in the paragraphs that follow.

14-Day Return Period
Fourteen days from the date merchandise was received, refunds are available on computers, monitors, notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras and radar detectors.

30-Day Return Period
Thirty days from the date merchandise was received, refunds are available on the remainder of our products (see exceptions below).

Exceptions
The following items are not returnable:

* Labor and/or installation services
* Items that are abused
* Opened computer software, movies, music and video games
o If the original item is opened and is damaged or defective, or if an incorrect item was shipped, you may receive credit for these items. Please see details below (Damaged, Defective or Incorrect Items section).
* iTunes prepaid music cards
* Best Buy Digital Music Store cards
* Best Buy/Kodak Gallery Prepaid Photo Cards
* UMusic Prepaid Ringtone cards

Any merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned. If the item is damaged or defective, please see details below.

Restocking Fee
A 15% restocking fee will be charged on opened notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, GPS/navigation and in-car video systems. A 25% restocking fee will be charged on special order products, including appliances. These fees apply unless the item is defective or damaged, you received the wrong item, or the fee is prohibited by law.

Missing Item or Damaged Product Fee
A missing item or damaged product fee will be charged for any product missing the original box, packaging material, contents, accessories and/or manuals (i.e., any product not in "like new" condition).

Damaged, Defective or Incorrect Items
If you return a damaged, defective or incorrect item by mail or to a Best Buy store, you will receive a credit. You may then choose to purchase a replacement item in the store or online. To make sure the store has your product in stock, call Customer Care at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).

Personal Data
Please remove all personal data (e.g., computer or wireless phone data, videotapes), from any returned products. Best Buy is not responsible for any personal data left on or in these items.

Rebate Policy
Any product that was purchased when a mail-in rebate was available on the purchase is subject to having the amount of the rebate deducted from the refund amount. Unless noted otherwise, all rebates are limited to one per product, per household or address.

Promotional Items
Any product that is returned without a promotional item(s) included with the original transaction (e.g., buy TV, get free DVD player; buy TV, get free gift card; or buy TV, get DVD player half off), will have the value of the promotional item deducted from the refund amount.

Please call Customer Care at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) if your return is a:

* Major appliance, TV, accessory or furniture delivered via special delivery
* Computer that you plan to mail back to our return center for a refund
* Performance Service Plan

Deggy
01-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Just skimmed over that, but basically anything can be returned with a reciept within the period given...with the exceptions listed.

BoosTT
01-10-2008, 10:17 PM
My girlfriend works at best buy and they FOR SURE charge you the 10% restocking fee, unless the tv box isn't opened. If you buy a tv right before the superbowl the sales people specifically say this. I would assume american is the same.

05caddyext
01-11-2008, 02:31 AM
So what if they charge you the 10% fee to restock it. The topic of the thread is about renting a tv. I'm sure it would cost more than that 10% fee to rent a big tv anyways. Problem is, you'll get a nice tv for the game and then want to keep it haha. (had that happend to me a few years ago)

LIL EVO
01-11-2008, 11:50 AM
http://www.wikked.com/hdtv/mits-hdtv2.jpg

70 cutlass 442
01-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Because a 24hr return policy is just bad business and horrible customer service, thats why....

100% DISAGREE! returns shuold be more of a case by case basis, we do alot of repair work on mowers and snowblowers for menards, home depot, and other local chain stores, and 9 times out of 10 if we get something that need repair its because grandma didnt know how to mix her 2 stroke oil rite or grandpa used gas from 1992. and with these no questions asked return policies they take these machine back that the customer destroyed and now its the stores loss. not right at all IMO

Car Guy
01-11-2008, 12:51 PM
http://www.wikked.com/hdtv/mits-hdtv2.jpg

Nice TV, is it for rent...???

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

LIL EVO
01-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Nah, just wanted to spice up the thread :)