PDA

View Full Version : dart boards...

0TransAm0
01-08-2008, 02:44 PM
who's got one??? i want an electronic one but the problem is i live in a condo and they are loud when the darts hit the board,the sound travel's into the wall...my condo is an upper and when its dead silent in the house i can hear the phone ringing downstairs in the unit below me..
i thought about getting foam padding and putting that betwen the wall and the board im just not sure if it will work..
asside from spending $300 or more on one thats on a stand(like the bar ones but doesn't take money) has anybody got any ideas on this?? or had the same problen and came up with a solution???
thanks Mike.

Heat Seeker WS6
01-08-2008, 02:51 PM
hang it from the ceiling and space it out so there's about an inch between the back of the dartboard & the wall. The get some foam padding thats going to fill the space between and glue/double side tape it to the back of the dartboard -not the wall. That'll quiet it down since not nearly as much sound will be going through that wall directly. Kind of modified the 'floating wall' sound deadening theory for this one.

Karps TA
01-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Darts will pop out of it all the time if you "float" it. They won't stick in the board.

What about hanging it behind the front door, or any other solid door in the house?

Heat Seeker WS6
01-08-2008, 03:06 PM
ha I didnt think of that :goof

Karps TA
01-08-2008, 03:10 PM
I can tell you I mount my dartboard on a piece of 3/4" plywood covered in carpeting. That helps the wall in case of missed darts as well as muffles some sound.

You could always buy a real dart board. Those are alot quieter.

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-08-2008, 03:11 PM
That sucks you can hear the phone ringing, its actually the reason that inspired my Wife and I to buy a house and move out of our townhouse/walk-up/condo/apt.

0TransAm0
01-08-2008, 03:14 PM
only door that would be possable to hang it from would be the bedroom door. and i dont think id want evrybody thats playing in the bedroom...the room is not that big and all the entertainment is in the other half of the place..

0TransAm0
01-08-2008, 03:16 PM
That sucks you can hear the phone ringing, its actually the reason that inspired my Wife and I to buy a house and move out of our townhouse/walk-up/condo/apt.

yeah i just wonder how much they can hear from us.. we have people over all the time and sometimes we are not that quiet.. been here 2 years ad havent had any complaints yet...

Deggy
01-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Wait you can hear your neighbors phone ring in dead silence and you deal with it? Make them deal with you playing darts, its something you gotta live with being you live in a condo/apartment....unless its like a daily thing then it might get out of hand.

0TransAm0
01-08-2008, 03:22 PM
we have a 2 bedroom that takes up the whole south side wall and top of the building.

its only the old lady below us on the east end(one bedroom)..she's really old and i bet she has the ringer turned up ALL the way.. the west end thier is a one bedroom but the chick uses it as an office and lives in the next building over...
i have never heard anything come from the people next to us. and that wall seems pretty solid when you knock on it almost like the whole thing is studs. it doesn't have that hollow sound to it..

Deggy
01-08-2008, 03:23 PM
That kinda sucks...well if the old lady is half deaf...maybe a few darts hitting the wall won't bother her..

0TransAm0
01-08-2008, 03:30 PM
sh elet me know when she could hear me hanging up pictures in the liveing room tho.. she said that was really loud.. and all i did was put a couple nails in the drywall..

Deggy
01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
that really sucks that there is really nothing you can do about the noise, except what the other guys recommended for you...but it won't eliminate the noise. guess thats the downfall of being in a condo/apartment type living situation.

pickardracing
01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Move. .....

0TransAm0
01-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Move. .....

me and the girlfriend are saveing up for a downpayment on a house. our goal is to have one by the end of this year.. all in good time i will be out but for now.......

jbiscuit
01-08-2008, 03:49 PM
single family home. Its the only way.

scaleracer
01-08-2008, 04:10 PM
i have one for sale! i have to get the camera from my dad if you want pics! it's a sportcraft electric one it has a bunch of different games you can play also! $40 obo originally $65.

BoosTT
01-08-2008, 05:28 PM
superauctions.com.... they sell coin op dartboards cheep. you can set them on free play. I tried the carpet thing too... it helps, but it's still pretty loud. At least equel to a phone ring. I would get a coin op board insted, they are way cooler.

lordairgtar
01-08-2008, 06:08 PM
the room is not that big and all the entertainment is in the other half of the place..
Nothing going on in there?:rolf:goof:banana1::banana:hump2::Hump:crazy eyes:woo::dance:rockwoot::onfire:party::party::whi p