PDA

View Full Version : So a question about guns....

michelle
01-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Let's say I wanted to keep a small gun in my vehicle for safety purposes. I am a girl and get scared very easily in bad situations and wouldn't mind the extra comfort, even though I hate guns. What are the laws against that for WI?

Probably will never happen, but as I was driving in the thick fog tonight, I was getting freaked out enough.

WickedSix
01-06-2008, 11:29 PM
people who get freaked out easy tend to make bad bad gun owners..... I believe a gun in your car would be considered a concealed weapon and illegal......but others know more no doubt

Prince Valiant
01-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Wisconsin's so backwards with regard to conceal/carry, I wouldn't even know in this particular case.

Reverend Cooper
01-06-2008, 11:33 PM
a gun can be in the car in a case unloaded and out of the reach of the driver just like transporting a gun to a range or for hunting. carry a small bat you have less issues with the law

MurphysLaw88GT
01-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Do NOT DO IT.....if you are easily spooked you have NO busnuess near a weapon like that. Besides being illegal (assuming weapon is within reach with ammo near by for intended use as a personal defense weapon..........flashing an unloaded firearm at someone can be dangerous for you as well, theirs might not be). Not to rain on your parade, but get mace or something. Shooting someone accidentally would suck, shooting someone in a justified situation will also leave many questions for the police to ask, like why did she have a concealed firearm when this is against the law currently.
people who are easily spooked should not carry a firearm, many bad things can happen.
use a level head when shooting, as it is as bad as going to the range or hunting after smokin crack rocks.

Boost21
01-07-2008, 01:18 AM
A nice mag light fits under the seat if you want a little comfort. Also pepper spray fits nicely in door pockets

Breecher_7
01-07-2008, 05:52 AM
Gun must be cased and out of reach as said earlier.

Ammunition cannot be with the gun and needs to be in a seperate "compartment"

Legally you can keep the gun in your back seat cased and a loaded magazine in your glove box or center councel.

STANMAN
01-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Let's say I wanted to keep a small gun in my vehicle for safety purposes. I am a girl and get scared very easily in bad situations and wouldn't mind the extra comfort, even though I hate guns. What are the laws against that for WI?

Probably will never happen, but as I was driving in the thick fog tonight, I was getting freaked out enough.

If you ever want to go shooting, I have an array of weaponary, and my private range is like 5 minutes from my house. You should be comfortable around weapons before even considering carrying one around. Doesn't Adam have any guns? Again, if you are actually considering this, bring Adam and lets go out and shoot different guns and get you acclimated to the whole firearm scene, you can make and informed choice from there.

michelle
01-07-2008, 02:26 PM
I'll just get a few extra bottles of mace and be set. I hate guns to begin with and don't ever planning on living in the same building as one.

I was just curious on what the laws were in this state. I freak myself out all the time - I'm always "what if a guy jumped out of the woods and tried to get in my car and I am in the middle of nowhere (as most of the places I go to are)". I've probably worn out the lock button on my car, even though all the doors automatically lock when I start driving. I'm just an idiot, but that's okay. (:

Thanks for letting me know and answering my questions!

DirtyMax
01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Like the others said, there's no LEGAL way to USEFULLY carry a gun in your car.

USMARINE1108
01-07-2008, 03:26 PM
I wanted to keep a small gun in my vehicle for safety purposes. .

I hate guns. .

I hate guns to begin with and don't ever planning on living in the same building as one.

This makes no sense. :chair:

michelle
01-07-2008, 03:28 PM
This makes no sense. :chair:

I know it doesn't. I was actually warming up to the idea of being okay with guns, but upon further thought, it's a big no. I haven't been around guns much my whole life, as nobody close to me hunts or even has one, so I am just not very comfortable with them.

Water gun, yes. Real gun, no.

Breecher_7
01-07-2008, 03:42 PM

Unless you have a federal concealed carry permit :thumbsup

USMARINE1108
01-07-2008, 04:28 PM
I know it doesn't. I was actually warming up to the idea of being okay with guns, but upon further thought, it's a big no. I haven't been around guns much my whole life, as nobody close to me hunts or even has one, so I am just not very comfortable with them.

Water gun, yes. Real gun, no.

Why is it a big no? Go ahead and take Stanman up on his offer. I would make the same offer, but I'm in South Carolina. If you think a firearm could be usefull to you and you are capable of being a responsible firearm owner, what is it going to hurt to experience something you never have before? Don't base your decision on having no experience with something you know nothing about.

Rocket Power
01-07-2008, 05:27 PM
If you ever want to go shooting, I have an array of weaponary, and my private range is like 5 minutes from my house. You should be comfortable around weapons before even considering carrying one around. Doesn't Adam have any guns? Again, if you are actually considering this, bring Adam and lets go out and shoot different guns and get you acclimated to the whole firearm scene, you can make and informed choice from there.
*sniff* *sniff * *sniff* Hmmm smells like a BCM range day:headbang

http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/images/smilies/machinegun.gif

Rocket Power
01-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Unless you're an LEO

Knyghtmare
01-07-2008, 11:11 PM
*sniff* *sniff * *sniff* Hmmm smells like a BCM range day:headbang

http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/images/smilies/machinegun.gif

Thats a good idea. :thumbsup

STANMAN
01-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Thats a good idea. :thumbsup

I can take people 2 at a time to my range. (Menomonee Falls Rod and Gun Club) It's private, and they have VERY nice facilities!!!

michelle
01-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Is it going to be like this?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/877795/sexy_girls_shooting_guns/

And yes, I know what kind of car they are shooting at.......

Korndogg
01-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Is it going to be like this?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/877795/sexy_girls_shooting_guns/

And yes, I know what kind of car they are shooting at.......

:drool:

Rocket Power
01-08-2008, 05:28 PM
You clearly haven't priced ammo lately:rolf

I don't know if anyone here has full auto's,I know I don't.
It's not the $200 stamp that keeps me from having one, it's the $14K for anything I'd want that does.:rolf

Rocket Power
01-08-2008, 05:35 PM
I can take people 2 at a time to my range. (Menomonee Falls Rod and Gun Club) It's private, and they have VERY nice facilities!!!

I was there as a guest once, it is nice:thumbsup